Northern Nights Bedding

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shopping is fun

Alfa Lover
I am toying with the idea of getting some of their bedding as they seem to do good deals with the 6 piece sets. I was just wondering if anyone has tried the range and what they thought? :mysmilie_17:

I like NN and think most of it is good value.

I have both the flannel and a couple of high thread counts.

I think NN's is on endlessely,and theres only so much a person needs - and it can be hard to make a desicion when its on so regularly and so many tsv's planned!

I love my NN, I have feather bed, pillows and flannel and high thread count sets.

The reviews of the flannel complain of bobbling and shedding of bobbles-what do you all find?:mysmilie_687:

I have just returned my heavyweight TSV from before Christmas !, I ordered the so called "stone" option which looked like Khaki to me !!...the darker coloured fabric was hard not fluffy and felt thineer than my normal flannel NN bedding !!....anyway I thought I would wash it use it and wash it again to see if I could "fluff it up" it didnt help at all, also the lighter fabric "bobbled" although it was softer and fluffier !!....
I have found it is better to go for the lighter colour sets as they seem to be so soft, fluffy and lovely, as soon as colour is added the fabric goes hard IMHO.

I have high thread count sets which are very good, especially the deep fitted sheets, feather bed which you get a great night sleep on and ordered for the fist time a flannel set which arrived a couple of days ago. I have been wanting to try the flannel for a while so will be interested to see if I have any problems with bobbling.

Negative points; one set faded badly when washed but I did put it in at 60 and (I think) they only recommend 30-40 and I hate ironing and they look very creased if you don't. Personally I would say they do have to be ironed, what ever they say on QVC.

I quite like a few of the designs, not floral to be honest, and its a pity the singles sell out so quickly otherwise I would have got more.

The flannel does bobble and shed. It's still nice and cosy though, we use it all winter.
The high thread count cotton bedding is very good too.
I hate featherbeds myself, although a lot of people on here adore theirs. The feather/down items (featherbeds, duvets, pillows) are made in China and the feathers are cruelly sourced, so they are a big no no for me :(

ive got several NN sets, ive tried the flannel when there's been the occasional plain design but theyve all gone back or been given away. just too hot for me.

i prefer the high Tc ones but beware, theyre made in lots of different parts of the world and the quality can be very different across different sets. i have a tsv once and it was so thin you could almost see through it, despite it being 350TC. so if you order and dont like it, dont let it stop you trying again another time if you see something you like. i always buy white so cant comment on colour fastness. i always wash at 60 degrees, yes they crease but if you take out of the drier, fold and put somewhere warm for a day or so they dont need ironing.
the best one i ever bought was called "Timeless Stripe", its got a very subtle dobby stripe in it. it's so good i bought another identical one shortly after. if you just wash and tumble dry it feels soft and warm like talcum powder, but if you iron it goes crisp and smart like great hotel linen. best NN buy ever.

personally dont like the nn range. the quality is too variable and i have never seen this type of quality bedding on the high street tbh...

the pillows are 3 inches too short and i dont like the feather beds.
also the duvets are thin and dont have a tog rating which is suspect to me.
the high thread count are very flimsy and creases soo much!

some of my flannel did bobble intially - and it gets better/wears off with washing.My favourite NN flannel set is about 5 years old and its soooooo soft and snuggly - and I guess that its just got that way after years of washing.

I do have to agree that the quality varies though.My "older" NN flannel is a lot nicer and heavier than those sets bought after.My latest flannel bught a couple of weeks as a OTO is a total different kettle of fish - completely different to all my other sets - lighter,smaller buttons etc...

Can't comment on the feather beds etc - don't purchase any of those

I have two sets of NN bedding and a feather bed. I love all three. The first set of bedding I bought did indeed bobble and pill, I had a letter from QVC saying there was a design fault or something and I could send it back for a full refund, but tbh with you it really didn't matter to me, it still looks nice and the feeling is so snuggly in Winter but ocooling in Summer. I got a lovely second set from last clicks some time ago with a beautiful rose design on - it was only £15 and the quality is beautiful for the price - it's washed and washed and even been stuck on a 60 degree cycle by accident a few times and not come to any harm. Highly recommended from me.

I have the flannelette in plain colours , lovely and warm , the cotton ones in the summertime are very comfy too in a cooler way :)

Don't like any of it, I'm afraid, It feels cheap and nasty. I hate flanellette and the colours and patterns. I'm probably not representative though as I have a bit of a bedding fetish and only like pure white heavyweight cotton with matalasse-type bedspreads and duvet covers. It seems very popular.........

have to say artemis my bedroom looks its best with my plain white heavy threadcount on the bed.

like the flannel because its warm and tbh a lot of the florals do fit into my shabby chic themed victorian home :)

I bought a double set of the high thread count (it was a subtle stripe design) 2-3 years ago and it went in the bin after a few months. I found it no better to be honest than bedding you can buy on the high street i.e. no Ordinary Bed Linen - the snaps went, it creased beyond belief and as I say, it too Went.

I have 3 sets (soon to be 4) of NN high TC, the oldest of which is 6 years old and still as good as new. My most recent was the 500TC egyptian cotton OTO from just before xmas, I have just gone back to order a second set at full price is it's the softest loveliest thing I've ever had next to my skin. At £60 (OTO) and £70 (full price) for 6 piece superking you can't knock it! Item number 830447

Latest posts

Back