Amy Garcia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A

addy

Guest Shopper
I was up in Yorkshire before xmas and caught a regional news item presented by a female reporter who I instantly recognised but couldn't for the life of me think where from. It's been really bugging me and taken all these weeks (an 'age' thing I think) for me to remember that its Amy Garcia (Kim & Co and other fashion) - does she not present on QVC anymore? I don't recall seeing her for a while

She usually presents Kim & Co. when Kim does not come over, there was an Outlet show this week but she wasn't on the programme.

..she does mention Chase-it! :mysmilie_81::mysmilie_81: I'm not sure I would! All credit to her; it's nice to see presenters using QVC on their way up in their careers rather then ending up there when they've been spat out of the bottom of mainstream television.

Jude xx

I'm completely confused - amy garcia from kim and co lives in worcester park surrey and claimed to be a student at the london college of fashion and approached kim and co despite having no tv experience?????

apparently :)

If you click on the link I posted, and click on Showreel there is quite a bit of video footage of her, I think it is the same girl.

I'm completely confused - amy garcia from kim and co lives in worcester park surrey and claimed to be a student at the london college of fashion and approached kim and co despite having no tv experience?????

apparently :)

She is not from Kim & Co. she is a guest presenter.

She is not from Kim & Co. she is a guest presenter.

That is now clear, but it is not what she claimed when on QVC. As Rainbowdottie says, she claimed to be studying fashion design and approached Kim Mendelsohn to ask for a job because she was 'so impressed' with Kim's fabulous designs!! What a liar.

yes sorry I didn't make that very clear - I knew she was a guest presenter - she just told us she came in via the fashion college route - rather than say like every other guest presenter on qvc,that they're actually showbiz lurvies all desperate to get their face on tv!!!

Why is it all guests and some presenters even are ex dancers,budding actors etc,,,, I even saw the guy who guest presents bob mackie...as the dame in panto at wimbledon?!

It just makes me feel they're feeding me a load of old cr@p because this is just filling time inbetween their dramatic jobs and to get their face on tv-rather than be really interested in what they're selling - IYSWIM?

Even blondie who does kipling is on jml adverts?!

Being male, I'm shallow enough to ignore what they've said to be on TV. :mysmilie_697:
I believe there's a Kipling TSV soon hopefully featuring MFW, yes? :mysmilie_701:

I saw her on a holiday\travel type programe once. I thought that she was very capable as a fashion "expert", certainly better than Geneveive "neck lace" thingybob.
In my opinion she is one of the prettiest girls to have appeared on QVC.

At times in the past whilst we have been away on hols aboard watching Sky.
DD had flicked though the Quiz channels to see Amy say "Hello Quiz".
Another face we spotted on Game TV was none other than Pro Strong guest presenter Zoe Anne Phillips.

:mysmilie_61:

Resurrecting a very old thread, but Amy Garcia (of Kim & Co fame) has just been named as the new co lead presenter on Look North, the BBC's West Yorkshire local news programme. She has been one of their junior broadcast journalists for some time now. A big improvement on her predecessor, IMVHO. Sorry, using IOS 7, and it's all new to me, can't work out how to post a biddy link!

Good for her! Just goes to show that shopping TV isn't always the graveyard for presenters spat out at the bottom end of more mainstream telly!

Resurrecting a very old thread, but Amy Garcia (of Kim & Co fame) has just been named as the new co lead presenter on Look North, the BBC's West Yorkshire local news programme. She has been one of their junior broadcast journalists for some time now. A big improvement on her predecessor, IMVHO. Sorry, using IOS 7, and it's all new to me, can't work out how to post a biddy link!

Wondered where she had gone, she used to be on BBC South news then disappeared. I found she was quite good compared to one we had before, who has done a few news reports for the main news on the BBC.

Yes, she is a big improvement on the Grande Dame who was fired a few months ago. I like the lass who's been standing in too, but she is about to go off on maternity leave.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back