Do I Need Gatineau Because I Look Gullible?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Swankypants

Registered Shopper
Am sitting through the Gatineau show and more than usual Andrew and Debbie are banging on about "This minute bottle is worth £60 and you are getting it for just £20" or "On it's own it's worth £7 gazillion but this kit is only £15".

Does anyone really believe these RRP's?

How does Gatineau stay in business if they are discounting by such a gigantanormous amount?

It's all coloured gunk to me anyway.....:mysmilie_701:

After 20 minutes it's getting irritating

Its always about the ml for ml value.

And yes the mark ups on cosmetics are very very very high.

Have to say not being a fan of the range, I did like their old body scrub in the big bottle. If I have no interest in a brand I just would not waste my time watching them. Andrew does nothing for me either, so its not even worth the watch for eye candy.

It annoys me when they say a beauty item is "worth xxx", when what they really mean is it "costs xxx". The worth of a beauty product is subjective and is directly proportionate to the results the individual sees from using it.

Linda :mysmilie_687:

It isn't about not liking the range it's about their selling technique - they do it for all ranges. It was particularly poor that hour and that is why, yes, I switched over.

I love gatineau and some of the products are lovely and really suit my skin. Products don't suit everyone which is the good thing about qvc as you can try then send back. I have made some expensive mistakes and bought from Boots etc then just had to throw things away - and some of these 'high street' creams can be just as expensive.

Must admit Andrew is not a good advertisement for their products. And the usual Andrew and Alison shows are nauseating!!!

Its always about the ml for ml value.

And yes the mark ups on cosmetics are very very very high.

Have to say not being a fan of the range, I did like their old body scrub in the big bottle. If I have no interest in a brand I just would not waste my time watching them. Andrew does nothing for me either, so its not even worth the watch for eye candy.

There fixed it for you.

Sheepdog in "Alison Young" mode :mysmilie_61:

I bought the last Gatineau TSV to try the range and was seriously underwhelmed tbh.
I has listened to them bang on about the Melatogenine "miracle" cream all day which convinced me to give it a whizz!!

It's convincing sales patter,with the message being repeated over and over..it will improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles,plumping effect etc etc and guess what...it doesn't!!!
It's an average overpriced cream,no better than any of the others I've tried!
I was annoyed with myself for being sucked in...again!

I now am realistic,I look at Keeley (Elemis)Andrew(Gatineau) and Fiona (Decleor) etc and think if their products did all they claim, then they should all have amazingly gorgeous dewy plump line free skin..and they don't.
They look no better than most,and no worse than the rest!!

I bought the last Gatineau TSV to try the range and was seriously underwhelmed tbh.
I has listened to them bang on about the Melatogenine "miracle" cream all day which convinced me to give it a whizz!!

It's convincing sales patter,with the message being repeated over and over..it will improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles,plumping effect etc etc and guess what...it doesn't!!!
It's an average overpriced cream,no better than any of the others I've tried!
I was annoyed with myself for being sucked in...again!

I now am realistic,I look at Keeley (Elemis)Andrew(Gatineau) and Fiona (Decleor) etc and think if their products did all they claim, then they should all have amazingly gorgeous dewy plump line free skin..and they don't.
They look no better than most,and no worse than the rest!!

Spot on! :mysmilie_82:

That's so true, I know she is often accused of special lighting etc etc but Liz Earle is a far better advert for her skincare than either Fiona, Keely or Andrew.

Sorry LE Lover I know you are a great fan of Liz,but I have mentioned many times on this forum that I saw Liz in M&S a few years ago and she didn't look that great in "real life".

Again a case of no better or worse than the majority of women her age imho!

I'm only saying on screen she is a better advert for her products than the others. That's the only thing i can go on

Gatineau is one of my favourite brands, but the claims they make for any of the anti-aging skincare ranges are ludicrous - and Alison Young is one of the worst culprits. As I rarely ever pay the rrp for any product I always take their value for money claims with a very large pinch of salt. As the margins are so high in skincare they can afford to discount and still make profits, but the trial sizes are also a marketing tool to hook you into then going on to purchase the full sizes. :mysmilie_701:

Latest posts

Back