TSV begonias

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Anyone else think these are too early ? Not because of the snow, it's just
that they can't go out until the end of May in most places and I personally would find it hard to keep them in good condition inside for over 4 months :mysmilie_81:.

Linda

That's a good point Linda.
They do seem to be quite good value though, I think, so not sure what to do.

Always a bit wary when you cannot plant out straight away. I bought 70 winter pansies from a Company and they have nearly all died.

I couldn't believe that they didn't charge the same P&P for the double set- 1/2 off postage indeed- they are having a laugh as usual.
Not exactly inspiring for the first gardening TSV of the season- which incidently, I think has started too early also.

I bought last years TSV of giant begonias (15) I had a heck of a job growing them because I don't have a green house.......only about 6 grew in the end because mice kept eating the corms as I eventually transferred them to the garage .....too much of a headache for the amateur, although those that survived all attacks were very nice.:mysmilie_697: I will never buy anything gardening wise again as they said they could be grown indoors in the airing cupboard...wrong they need warmth and light.............yes if you have a mansion with big windowsills or orangery or something.

I bought last years TSV of giant begonias (15) I had a heck of a job growing them because I don't have a green house.......only about 6 grew in the end because mice kept eating the corms as I eventually transferred them to the garage .....too much of a headache for the amateur, although those that survived all attacks were very nice.:mysmilie_697: I will never buy anything gardening wise again as they said they could be grown indoors in the airing cupboard...wrong they need warmth and light.............yes if you have a mansion with big windowsills or orangery or something.

yes i have an orangery in my country mansion....NOT!:mysmilie_61:

http://www.gardeningdirect.co.uk/Trailing-Begonia-Illumination-Apricot/X61-M,default,pd.html

Have a look here - Gardening Direct - see how qvc compare - also one flat delivery charge of £3.95 per order!!!!!

I have been buying my plants from here for 7-8 years and they are always good quality - unlike qvc's (both my sister and I bought these one year as a tsv and about 10% grew!!!)
Hi Rosey and thankyou for the link I have just registered and ordered the Begonias as they are a really good price. I too had a disaster with the qvc ones.

Hi Rosey and thankyou for the link I have just registered and ordered the Begonias as they are a really good price. I too had a disaster with the qvc ones.

Now you have registered and ordered they will send you special offers and free delivery codes etc. so you can get even better value in future.:mysmilie_82:

Hope you will be pleased with them.

Latest posts

Back