Item 560 538 Sweet Peas

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Please think carefully before you order this item. Sweet peas need a lot of room for their roots if they are to grow and flower well. Also a lot of water. These baskets are far too small and the plants will be stunted, leaves turn yellow etc.

I know he says they are a dwarf variety suitable for baskets but I'm convinced they will still be very difficult to grow.

Linda :mysmilie_11:

I think we should start a campaign Eric Mum - a bit like the do not buy off Basso - as most of the plants and flowers qvc sell are crap. And RJ insists everything is 'easy' to grow!!!!

Maybe the FARTers could start a group.

My Granddad used to grow beautiful sweet peas and they are my favourite flower but I have never managed to make them work in my garden - or at least not get that many flowers. Perhaps that is where I am going wrong. I can grow actual edible peas perfectly well but not the flowers! And I SO want to grow them like Granddad! Of course I didn't start gardening until after he passed away so lost the chance to ask the best expert. It would have been lovely to have gardened with him! Ah well ...

On a positive, but not entirely related, note for the first time in three attempts this year I did manage to grow chinese lanterns!

I found that the QVC gnome always gives bad advice. All the plant I have bought I have been disappointed with as they did not grow as they claimed.

Did not buy any plants last year or plan to this year.

I always say I am definately not buying anymore as they nearly always fail to grow but then get talked into buying a tsv - which then does not grow.

This year I am DEFINATELY not buying any plants from QVC.........

its january. minus temperatures for the whole country and qvc are trying to convince me to spend money on plants that will die if not put in a heated green house..

the begonia tsv are one of my favs for the summer but will need no more than 3 months to flower and even in the south last frosts are end of may..

and dont get me started on the sweet pea baskets!:mysmilie_73:

:mysmilie_687:... Unknowing you’ve answered a question I kept meaning to post for i.e. whether to chance QVC for blubs etc. I have wondered about what conditions they are stored in and how long they have them in their warehouse. I think I now know the answer, between the Easyyo and Tova and for as many years as it takes to shift the stock!

Latest posts

Back