Rhapsody/Iliana

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemlover1

Registered Shopper
Hi All,
Am new to TJC forum. Have been on Rocks and co forum once before when i bought approx 10 grand shimoyo Rubellite necklace panicking and MEESHO who kindly helped me out with great advice and I returned it.
Would like some advice/opinions. Is it worth spending so much extra for Rhapsody pieces like Rhapsody tanzanite compared to Iliana. I recently bought 6 ct MTGW (5.5CT tanz) pendant Rhapsody for £1899 looks great but is it too expensive unsure.
I also bought iliana kunzite pendant 14 ct kunzite with diamonds so pretty for £799. Also after some earrings with these stones and diamonds any kind suggestions.
Thanku

As far as I know, the only difference between Rhapsody and Iliana is that all Rhapsody pieces are all set in Platinum, whereas Iliana is gold. I'm not sure whether there is any difference in the quality of the actual gemstones.

:mysmilie_348: Gemlover1, £1899 for that size of tanzanite in platinum doesn't sound expensive to me. A few years ago, you'd be paying that for that size piece in 18ct gold, so taking in to account the quality of the stones from TJC and the high price of platinum, I'd be happy with that.

TJC say Iliana Tanzanite is AAA and Rhapsody Tanzanite is AAAA, i'd buy Rhapsody every time if i have the money lol
I'd say your pendant was a very good price enjoy wearing it x

Hi Gemlover1, welcome back! Meeshoo is the expert for gems.

I should change my name to Rhapsody I just love this range. I only have a few pieces and saving up to splash out when I have some money to spend.

There is a difference in quality, I have Rhapsody Diamonds, Emeralds, Tanzanite and they are set in platinum

Tanzanite is 4 A and vivid (the best colour)
Iliana is 3A Strong or Intense (I think in colour)

Raphsody diamonds are min F VS or better clarity
Iliana is G-H SI or better
My emerald solitaire is so green and so clear, set in about 6 gms of platinum

I have many pieces of Iliana, (set in 18ct and platinum, they are very good value for money. My diamonds have come out at valuation as G VS1 I have ruby and tanzanite earrings as well.

I don't have Kunzite as yet, the gem range I quite fancy is the Martha Rocha Kunzite.

If you love the tanzanite keep it. I bet it's lovely! Only buy if you are going to wear it. Not as an investment. If unsure, send it back. Meeshoo and others will tell you that buying jewellery for an investment is very unwise.

If your budget allows, buy Rhapsody, if not Iliana quality is very good.

Insurance - I didn't have to pay extra, just provide a valuation for each piece that exceed £4,000. I have a PT and Diamond ring that both exceed £6k and I didn't pay extra premiums, just the pain of getting valuations which I have to renew every 3/4 years

Byw, Safeguard valued my Tanzanite solitaire at £1,000 per ct. I would imagine that as a min your pendant including min F VS diamonds will be in the region of £5k valuation and your price you paid is excellent. I am very envious!

I am sure other members of this forum will be able to add to my comments with more info.

Sapphireblue

Hi All,
Am new to TJC forum. Have been on Rocks and co forum once before when i bought approx 10 grand shimoyo Rubellite necklace panicking and MEESHO who kindly helped me out with great advice and I returned it.
Would like some advice/opinions. Is it worth spending so much extra for Rhapsody pieces like Rhapsody tanzanite compared to Iliana. I recently bought 6 ct MTGW (5.5CT tanz) pendant Rhapsody for £1899 looks great but is it too expensive unsure.
I also bought iliana kunzite pendant 14 ct kunzite with diamonds so pretty for £799. Also after some earrings with these stones and diamonds any kind suggestions.
Thanku

Insurance - I didn't have to pay extra, just provide a valuation for each piece that exceed £4,000. I have a PT and Diamond ring that both exceed £6k and I didn't pay extra premiums, just the pain of getting valuations which I have to renew every 3/4 years

Sapphireblue

Great post Sapphireblue.

Hope you don't mind me cutting out this wee bit but can I just point out that different insurance companies have different Single Article Limits which means that although yours is anything over £4000, this varies greatly and can be anything from £1000 upwards. Also, you have a very good policy as most insurers will charge an additional premium for anything which has to be specified seperately (as happens if an item is over the Single Article Limit).

If anyone is unsure, please just check with your own insurance company to be on the safe side. If an item is over the Single Article Limit and not specified then you will not be covered for that piece. Also make sure you have accidental damage cover on your Personal Belongings because if not, you will only be covered for total loss and not covered to replace a lost stone!

Sorry if I come across as being anal about this but I work in insurance underwriting and know how not reading your policy documents can cause a lot of heartache!

Hi Klosblue, thank you for the information and clarification.
Meeshoo with Gems and Klosblue with insurance, what a formidable duo!

Kind regards
Sapphireblue

Thanku

Hi Gemlover1, welcome back! Meeshoo is the expert for gems.

I should change my name to Rhapsody I just love this range. I only have a few pieces and saving up to splash out when I have some money to spend.

There is a difference in quality, I have Rhapsody Diamonds, Emeralds, Tanzanite and they are set in platinum

Tanzanite is 4 A and vivid (the best colour)
Iliana is 3A Strong or Intense (I think in colour)

Raphsody diamonds are min F VS or better clarity
Iliana is G-H SI or better
My emerald solitaire is so green and so clear, set in about 6 gms of platinum

I have many pieces of Iliana, (set in 18ct and platinum, they are very good value for money. My diamonds have come out at valuation as G VS1 I have ruby and tanzanite earrings as well.

I don't have Kunzite as yet, the gem range I quite fancy is the Martha Rocha Kunzite.

If you love the tanzanite keep it. I bet it's lovely! Only buy if you are going to wear it. Not as an investment. If unsure, send it back. Meeshoo and others will tell you that buying jewellery for an investment is very unwise.

If your budget allows, buy Rhapsody, if not Iliana quality is very good.

Byw, Safeguard valued my Tanzanite solitaire at £1,000 per ct. I would imagine that as a min your pendant including min F VS diamonds will be in the region of £5k valuation and your price you paid is excellent. I am very envious!

I am sure other members of this forum will be able to add to my comments with more info.

Sapphireblue

Thanku so much everyone for such good response esp Sapphireblue who gave such an informative and reassuring answer. I just wanted someone to say u did right. Am no gem expert but when I saw this Rhapsody tanz I could see its so well cut cannot see windows/lots of blue even in artificial light which is my fav primary color in a tanzy. I should admit I ordered 4 other tanzanites before I picked this one in the last 18 months. And also I bought 1.5 ct col emerald iliana pendant y gold with diamonds cant take my eyes off it, emerald is green-green and I lov that fresh green.
Am keeping my tanzy Thanku
My husband thinks am bit too much into gems and shows no interest in these and am so pleased to find out that there are more like me out there.
Am after tanzy earrings trillian cut with diamonds in w gold/plat Any ideas

Hi Gemlover1

I suggest that you send an email to TJC or call and press 4 and speak to Anita (personal shopper) Anita will send you an email with a lot of designs and prices (very good) to look at.

or send an email to [email protected] and ask if they have any in the schedules today!

Happy shopping!

Sapphireblue

Latest posts

Back