ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
Hello TJC, it’s me,
I’m back with another plea,
I’ve been asked by a mate
To kindly relate
Cos it’s bothering her terribly you see!

Please pass it around for us please
The right way to say it’s MAR-KEEZ
Of course we're aware what they meant
Cos we know a MAR-KEE is a tent!!

There you are Briolette, as requested :mysmilie_17:

I'm still working on the 'joooolery' one - it's a wee bit trickier :mysmilie_61:

Actually I could have saved myself some time and just told them to ask John how to pronounce it! He sold one last night and said it absolutely right.

OK so this is a bit off topic, but if you can get those lovely folks on Rocks TV to say VER-MAY instead of VER-MEEL that would be good too... They are getting better, but I'm sure a bit of help from you wouldn't come amiss!

Hello KB - any chance of working on one for "Seelon" sapphires while your at it!!

I'm working on it PinkSapphire!

OK so this is a bit off topic, but if you can get those lovely folks on Rocks TV to say VER-MAY instead of VER-MEEL that would be good too... They are getting better, but I'm sure a bit of help from you wouldn't come amiss!

Done Miss Magpie!

Klos, help needed!
Now you're on a roll, any chance of a plea to ALL jewellery channels to pronounce it ColOmbian Emerald and not ColUmbian emerald. The country in South America is ColOmbia, whereas the ColUmbias are scattered around the Northern part of the continent. It's yet another example of US pronunciation taking over the world - grrrr! Some channels even spell it ColUmbian occasionally - please give me strength.
Many thanks Klos, you'll be helping my blood pressure!

Nice work Klos!! :mysmilie_61: You'll get them all well trained at this rate hon. :mysmilie_17: Btw does anybody still say briolay instead of briolette or has that nasty been nailed now?? :mysmilie_687:

Klos, help needed!
Now you're on a roll, any chance of a plea to ALL jewellery channels to pronounce it ColOmbian Emerald and not ColUmbian emerald. The country in South America is ColOmbia, whereas the ColUmbias are scattered around the Northern part of the continent. It's yet another example of US pronunciation taking over the world - grrrr! Some channels even spell it ColUmbian occasionally - please give me strength.
Many thanks Klos, you'll be helping my blood pressure!

Now that one is too hard for me Jacqualina! Maybe I'll need to collect all the difficult ones and just post the right and wrong ways to pronounce them?

Nice work Klos!! :mysmilie_61: You'll get them all well trained at this rate hon. :mysmilie_17: Btw does anybody still say briolay instead of briolette or has that nasty been nailed now?? :mysmilie_687:

Thanks PPC :mysmilie_12: You know I don't think I've heard the "briolay" one for a while so maybe they've got that sorted!

Can I just point out that although these "Pleas" have been posted under the TJC section, it applies to all the jewellery channels and not just TJC. As I feel there's not much hope for the other two (Gems & Rocks) I think it would be a waste of space to post there! Just my humble opinion of course! :mysmilie_34:

Re ; Mar-kee!

Dearest Klosblue, you're a hoot,
I no longer need to press mute,
But when our lovely presenters say jooolery,
I might flinch at their silly tomfoolery!

:mysmilie_698:

Re ; Mar-kee!

Dearest Klosblue, you're a hoot,
I no longer need to press mute,
But when our lovely presenters say jooolery,
I might flinch at their silly tomfoolery!

:mysmilie_698:

:mysmilie_61: well done Briolette - very good. I think I have some competition in the poetry stakes now :mysmilie_697:

Hahahaha!! Steve's just been trying to get his tongue around it....ooh err....I wish. :mysmilie_61:

Hey Briolette :D I see you live just up the road from me hon. :mysmilie_348:

Oh please could you all just take note,
that wrong pronunciations get right on our goat,
When it comes to the origin of certain sapphires,
could we hope that you'd all just aspire,
for once just to get the word right,
then we'd happily watch you all night,
The name of the county they're from
Is no longer a place called Say Lon,
so while we sit here and silently hanker,
why don't you just say it's from Sri Lanka!!!

:mysmilie_697:

fantastic Paula! oh look Klos..what have you started!! I can only think in verse now(and some of it is oh so rude!)

Hi Pink Pussy Cat..glad to have a forum pal nearby too! Not too many of us in South London? Loving your jewellery photos in the drop, wish I was less broke!

Latest posts

Back