Want a job?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rocksandcofan

Registered Shopper
Hello fellow Jewellery Shopping Telly Fans out there. :mysmilie_348:
As my name suggests I am (and still am) a Rocks and Co Fan :mysmilie_687: Cannot explain it, but there it is (even in its current state of flux!). :mysmilie_34: I agree with others on this forum that most of the presenters of rocks and co have flown the nest forever. My thoughts on this matter were sadly confirmed when I read this on a web page (see below):

"FREELANCE SALES PRESENTERS FOR LIVE TV SHOPPING
Rocks & Co, is a live jewellery Shopping Channel, are looking to recruit live Presenters to work in an exciting, interactive, selling environment. We will be operating from Leamington Spa, West Midlands. We are looking for strong, charismatic individuals who can help drive sales and maximising profits on our live television broadcast. No TV experience is necessary; sales experience and strong presentation skills are required."

So any thoughts on what I mentioned above here I wonder?

Sounds to me like they chopped all the 'experienced' presenters who most likely were on a healthy salary, and instead replacing them with 'inexperienced' presenters who they can pay minimum wage.

Warm welcome to the forum, rocksandcofan. :mysmilie_348: I only watch occasionaly these days as I mostly spend my jewellery dosh at The Jewellery Channel (which is my jewellery preference). I stopped watching Rocks & Co after the presenters got really annoying and the jewellery really...meh, whatever. So I have to say, I'm not surprised they're looking for presenters after their best, John Scott and Ruth have left. I hope they now recruit somebody with a bit of knowledge and charisma to replace them...snowball in hell me thinks.

Thank u Huggles for your warm welcome, much appreciated :)

Yes John Scott when he was at rocksandco was blooming marvellous, and the banter he had with the crew and others who had texted in to him - a sad loss 2 rockandco.

Ruth was a bit of a surprise loss to (rocksandco) and me :(
I liked her a lot (well I am a bloke!) She was a pretty lady (if a bit tall for me!) I am no wiser as to what she is doing, unless she signed on last monday at the job centre ;) (just kidding Ruth :) )

Vicky is still there (what do we expect, she is the director of rocksandco after all) , but she is also a nice looker (for me anyway) and seems 2 know her jewels. I just hope they can pull some presenters of worth from gems tv which is roughly located in the same neck of the woods as where rocksandco has now newly relocated to.

I notice tonight on the midnight to 2pm slot that rocksandco is simply showing the spinning diamond, guess there is no one to present for them assuming Vicky and Jerilee are the only ones left!

PS Whatever became of the lovely Stacey Ellis? Is she / has she jumping (or jumped) to another jewel channel?

I remember when Rocks and Co started, and Vicky B put out a big press release saying that she wasn't going to be taking on established jewellry tv presenters at all, favouring fresh talent....lasted about a week I think!!! Lol!! Maybe they have decided that it's the way forward after all!!!

....and welcome to the madhouse, Rocksandcofan!! :)

Well these days rocksandco dont have many presenters at all, well 2 actually, vicky burton and jerilee bonner, the rest have all signed on at the dole queue! Well maybe not! I will be interested 2 see who they hire in due course, in the meantime Vicky and Jerilee are the only ones seemingly holding it all together :)

Calling all double glazing salespersons........

Hello fellow Jewellery Shopping Telly Fans out there. :mysmilie_348:
Rocks & Co, is a live jewellery Shopping Channel, are looking to recruit live Presenters to work in an exciting, interactive, selling environment. We will be operating from Leamington Spa, West Midlands. We are looking for strong, charismatic individuals who can help drive sales and maximising profits on our live television broadcast. No TV experience is necessary; sales experience and strong presentation skills are required."

So any thoughts on what I mentioned above here I wonder?

Yep......I see no mention is made of any prior knowledge / interest in gems or gemstone jewellery.........
its a bit much when the customers may know more about the product than the salesperson, don'cha think!

welcome2.gif
to r&cfan from me as well.

I remember when John Scott first started, he knew absolutely zilch about gemstones and it drove me nuts! Of course, that problem didn't last long, and now he's very knowledgeable, so I'm not too worried about lack of initial knowledge.

Of more concern is that they value sales experience over TV experience. I understood that shopping telly presenters were normally recruited from a media background, as they need to be able to perform well in front of a camera. I hope we won't end up with new presenters who give us "hard sell" at the expense of entertainment value.

Hi all

It's a great opportunity for new people to break into TV and I wish the very best to R&C with their recruiting process.

As mention on the forum, some of the very best presenters on shopping TV did not have a jewellery backgrounds to begin with.

The ability to sell, present and to engage with the audience is the difference between being a so so presenter and a very good one.

I wonder if R&C are going to offer a similar Rock tv "chat room style " selling format?

Sapphireblue

I remember when John Scott first started, he knew absolutely zilch about gemstones and it drove me nuts! Of course, that problem didn't last long, and now he's very knowledgeable, so I'm not too worried about lack of initial knowledge.

Of more concern is that they value sales experience over TV experience. I understood that shopping telly presenters were normally recruited from a media background, as they need to be able to perform well in front of a camera. I hope we won't end up with new presenters who give us "hard sell" at the expense of entertainment value.

That is a big mistake recruiting people with no TV experience, absolute car crash. Just look at that bird Tania who was awful and clearly had no TV experience! Plus the sales pitch patter is a turn off as you can see through it,like their gemstones!
I still think John Scott gets by on his semi celeb status and humour and doesn't really come across as a very solid presenter or very knowledgeable to be honest. But I do like him! Not that I'm anymore likely to buy off him than anyone else, esp when he gets shouty. (just wait for the blinkered JS brigade to slate me now)

Hi all

It's a great opportunity for new people to break into TV and I wish the very best to R&C with their recruiting process.

As mention on the forum, some of the very best presenters on shopping TV did not have a jewellery backgrounds to begin with.

The ability to sell, present and to engage with the audience is the difference between being a so so presenter and a very good one.

I wonder if R&C are going to offer a similar Rock tv "chat room style " selling format?

Sapphireblue

Well I have certainly noticed these days that there is little if no chat with the rest of the crew now that the whole thing is being presented by jerilee mostly on her own. The studio almost sounds like a library compared to what it used 2 be like. Yes, I am hoping that in due course it will return 2 its older style of chit chat with other members within the studio, but I have no idea as to when or if that is likely to happen :(

That is a big mistake recruiting people with no TV experience, absolute car crash. Just look at that bird Tania who was awful and clearly had no TV experience! Plus the sales pitch patter is a turn off as you can see through it,like their gemstones!
I still think John Scott gets by on his semi celeb status and humour and doesn't really come across as a very solid presenter or very knowledgeable to be honest. But I do like him! Not that I'm anymore likely to buy off him than anyone else, esp when he gets shouty. (just wait for the blinkered JS brigade to slate me now)

Oh Yes I had forgotten about the delightful (not) Tania , the blonde presenter who didnt seem to know exactly what she was doing there. maybe rocksandco gave her the kick up the backside even before they had decided to make the heck of a leap from london to the midlands. Didnt they realise that 99.9% of their presenters would want 2 stay in and around london? I am not at all clear as to why they made the move northwards? Was it money problem I wonder?

Latest posts

Back