why do people love TJC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rocksandcofan

Registered Shopper
As a rocks and co fan, and its format, I cannot understand why people are so amazed by TJC.

I personally prefer the banter that rockandco presenters have with the rest of their crew which gives it a bit more of a personal touch and less like it's just a Jewel selling Channel.

OK, the bottom line is that both rockandco and TJC are there to sell the goods.

I cant explain it, but TJC doesn't press the right "charisma / character" buttons for me even though it does contain the one and only (and very good) John Scott.

I know what you mean, especially with John as I think he came to life by interacting with the crew in the studio, now he has no one in the studio at TJC and he to me comes across as quite dry.

But on the other hand, TJC do have some wonderful presenters who I think can keep you watching and entertained.

I'm thinking along the lines of Nush, Elisa, Lizzie Fuller and especially lil Derek who brings his interaction with the gallery team onto the screen in a way you actually feel like you're part of it.

Personally, I don't give a flying fig who presents....I watch TJC for the jewellery, the presenters are a bonus. I love John Scott on Rocks&Co but stopped watching when the prices went silly (Shamoya Rubellite episode) and the quality; c**p (low gold weight and pale paraiba...not to mention the 'Everest' windows)...however, my TJC purchases have never disappointed me and I have spent more on this channel than any other. They consistantly bring good quality jewellery at reasonable prices and that is all I can ask for in a TV jewellery channel. I wouldn't care if it was a performing monkey who presented it, I'd just mute the sound.

Reasons I think TJC are by far the best channel:-
Quality - Iliana and Rhapsody in particular
Value for Money - Excellent Platinum Coated range to suit every pocket. All other ranges are reasonably priced.
Honesty - Upfront and honest about treatments
Presenters - Particularly Derek G, Derek M, John, Elisa and Steve
Entertainment Value - Relaxed, funny, interactive with the viewers who are obviously far more important than the crew, enjoyable viewing.

Reasons I dislike and don't watch Rocks & Co:-
Quality - badly cut windowed gemstones are the norm. Very low gold weights.
Value for Money - very overpriced
Honesty - :mysmilie_11:
Presenters - they have lost their only asset - John Scott. Can't stand the histrionics and fake sales patter of Caroline, Vicky, Stacey, Jerrilee et al.
Entertainment Value - Absolutely none unless you like hearing all the fairy tales which originate from the brothers Grimm or should that be the grim brothers?

Yes I see where u r coming from huggles, Totally agree about quality and price of the rocksandco jewels, sad that because they look good on the TV.To my way of thinking I am more likely 2 buy something if it is presented by someone who knows what they r on about and I like the look and feel of the person, I know it might seem rather thin of me or whatever but thats just me. Basically if they r a good sales person , and they get me to buy the jewels then so be it, even if I am persuaded by nice looking presenters. Everest windows, well yes, but thats just R and C for you and their studio somehow seems bigger than the one at TJC (not that it matters I suppose) except that in the TJC example they are all stood up in a confined space for maybe hours, that must do their circulation, varicose veins, and feet a lot of good, and when do the TJC presenters get to take a "break to pop to the loo"? They must either drink nothing all day before they present or they all have strong bladders and can hang on for 4 hours by which time their minds would not be on the jewels rather than on the fullness of their bladders!

I see KlosBlue is a definite TJC fan, and I can see why, no problems. But dont u think John Scott seems drier now he is on the TJC platform not that it matters I suppose as long as their presenters can sell the jewels who cares. Whats the honesty point about randco? Histrionics, well they are women (I apologise to all ladies reading this - I dont see you all like this at all) and they are all actors so what can u expect. I prefer over the topness to boring or flatness that I see elsewhere. Yes the terrible twins from that country in south america, mmm, gem hunters etc are they? Well maybe they are, but they are also share holders or directors of rocksandco which they decided not to tell us and I found that out from on here as I recall. I think those twins (well ok so they werent twins but u know who i mean) were also adding to the histrionics as well, oh dear. I would love 2 see randc flourish again in due course, and with better quality and prices, but that still wont stop me watching the channel even if its not on for much of the day on freeview

Hi Rocksandcofan,

Everest Windows relate to the gemstones being badly cut with a huge area in the centre that is transparent and not the size of the studio.
I agree with you that the R&C format was easy on the eye. I like some of the designs however misinformation about the jewellery, light weights of gold and silly prices was for me the biggest turn off for me.

R&C need to have a double act, either the the Diniz brothers or DK was so yesterday. Great for Gems TV days, boring and old hat.

LIke Huggles, I buy jewellery and not interested in John Scott or anyone else who is presenting. The main thing about TJC is that its presenters are all of a excellent standard. They offer jewellery for sale that why it's called the TJC.
Loo breaks at top of hour or when they put on the TV fillers?

In my opinion TJC presenters work very hard and when it slow with few viewers, this is when thier personalities and quality comes to the fore. I find these show very amusing and entertaining and I am tempted to buy when they drop prices.

If you want chat and interaction then you should check out Rock TV. This is the format of the show.

I would like R&C to come back to the TV and I hope that they do so. I would give them another chance.

Sapphireblue

Yes I see where u r coming from huggles, Totally agree about quality and price of the rocksandco jewels, sad that because they look good on the TV.To my way of thinking I am more likely 2 buy something if it is presented by someone who knows what they r on about and I like the look and feel of the person, I know it might seem rather thin of me or whatever but thats just me. Basically if they r a good sales person , and they get me to buy the jewels then so be it, even if I am persuaded by nice looking presenters. Everest windows, well yes, but thats just R and C for you and their studio somehow seems bigger than the one at TJC (not that it matters I suppose) except that in the TJC example they are all stood up in a confined space for maybe hours, that must do their circulation, varicose veins, and feet a lot of good, and when do the TJC presenters get to take a "break to pop to the loo"? They must either drink nothing all day before they present or they all have strong bladders and can hang on for 4 hours by which time their minds would not be on the jewels rather than on the fullness of their bladders!

Reasons I think TJC are by far the best channel:-
Quality - Iliana and Rhapsody in particular
Value for Money - Excellent Platinum Coated range to suit every pocket. All other ranges are reasonably priced.
Honesty - Upfront and honest about treatments
Presenters - Particularly Derek G, Derek M, John, Elisa and Steve
Entertainment Value - Relaxed, funny, interactive with the viewers who are obviously far more important than the crew, enjoyable viewing.

Reasons I dislike and don't watch Rocks & Co:-
Quality - badly cut windowed gemstones are the norm. Very low gold weights.
Value for Money - very overpriced
Honesty - :mysmilie_11:
Presenters - they have lost their only asset - John Scott. Can't stand the histrionics and fake sales patter of Caroline, Vicky, Stacey, Jerrilee et al.
Entertainment Value - Absolutely none unless you like hearing all the fairy tales which originate from the brothers Grimm or should that be the grim brothers?

The only criticism that I have of rocksandco (which is surprising since I am their numero uno fan), is that they dont do more in terms of variety of jewels ie more bracelets, more earrings, use of platinum or maybe even silver on the odd occasion. Maybe even a necklace here and there. The only other point is that they never seem 2 sell pendants with chain, its always an add on.

I prefer TJC pretty much for all the reasons Klos stated up there ^^

Their gemstones are of a better quality, more gold weight, generally speaking more diamond ct weight in their accent stones (not precise examples, but TJC might have 10points across 10 diamonds, whereas R&C would typically have more than that, i.e. 20 diamonds totalling 10points ... does that make sense?). Sometimes I think R&Co might just as well not bother with such piddling diamond accents. Harking back to the days of "ants wotsits" at GTV back in the day ..

I like that they have very distinct ranges, i.e. platinum overlay silver, 9k gold, Iliana, Rhapsody ... makes it easier to know what you are getting for your money, I think.

They also have the best line up of presenter, in my humble, of all the jewellery channels. There is plenty of interaction between the presenters & the gallery and with the viewers. Their line up of presenters is the most professional, again in my humble.

I liked R&Co when they first started, but very quickly they seemed to change and tried to pitch themselves at too narrow an audience, I think. Very quickly the only good thing was John Scott, followed by Ruth Linnett, and now they don't have either! Tony Diniz was so dour it was painful to watch. I used to really like Vicky Burton, but she doesn't seem to have anything interesting to say in comparison to the TJC presenters.

I prefer the designs of the jewellery on TJC generally speaking.

ERm ... that's pretty much it

I prefer TJC pretty much for all the reasons Klos stated up there ^^

Their gemstones are of a better quality, more gold weight, generally speaking more diamond ct weight in their accent stones (not precise examples, but TJC might have 10points across 10 diamonds, whereas R&C would typically have more than that, i.e. 20 diamonds totalling 10points ... does that make sense?). Sometimes I think R&Co might just as well not bother with such piddling diamond accents. Harking back to the days of "ants wotsits" at GTV back in the day ..

I like that they have very distinct ranges, i.e. platinum overlay silver, 9k gold, Iliana, Rhapsody ... makes it easier to know what you are getting for your money, I think.

They also have the best line up of presenter, in my humble, of all the jewellery channels. There is plenty of interaction between the presenters & the gallery and with the viewers. Their line up of presenters is the most professional, again in my humble.

I liked R&Co when they first started, but very quickly they seemed to change and tried to pitch themselves at too narrow an audience, I think. Very quickly the only good thing was John Scott, followed by Ruth Linnett, and now they don't have either! Tony Diniz was so dour it was painful to watch. I used to really like Vicky Burton, but she doesn't seem to have anything interesting to say in comparison to the TJC presenters.

I prefer the designs of the jewellery on TJC generally speaking.

ERm ... that's pretty much it

Very well said Marble, all that is to add is that I can't stand Vicky, Caroline or the girl with the lisp that sounds spoiled! And they are on everytime I look at it :mysmilie_73:

Oh WOW I am so out of touch.. due to sad circumstances I haven't really watched TV much lately... has Rocks & Co gone????

Okies..

the reason I love TJC is.. to be honest.. Firstly, it was the Presenters that attracted me, so yes I do think it is important to have good presenters! I would never have watched in the 1st place if my fav presenters were not onboard!

Secondly, the Jewellery from TJC is amazing, I have never been disappointed and having lost all the Jewellery my dear late Dad gave me over the years, when we were burgled and not insured, I never thought I would be able to afford such beautiful pieces again but TJC have made this possible.. and it's been heaven to be able to replace.. not the same items but real true Gems.. and valuations have been excellent!! TJC are the way to go!! xxx

Yes, Presenters do matter.. u need to get the best presenters to make peeps watch your show!

I was really sad to see Lee Clark leave TJC big mistake.. but that's the only reason I tuned into Rocks & Co.. he was in my opinion the best presenter! I never bought from them tho, cos TJC is unbeatable.. so in answer to your question ..TJC are the way to go!

OMG justa thort I hope Lee Clark doesn't suddenly start working for a Travel Channel eek cruise show etc.. omg I be broke in 5 mins and Jet lagged LOL

Oh no! I've just realised I left out wee Jim Brooman!
:mysmilie_34:
Sorry Jim, if you read this, you are definitely one of my favourites too.

I wouldnt say that I LOVE TJC - I watch the majority of the jewellery channels now across the board on sky - i do not have any alligences to any in particular - although I do like Rockstv, they are quite good, their delivery service is brillaint, and FAST, and everything you do, is backed up with communication via an email, the CS are very helpful and friendly, and i hope they do go far - Rocks and Co seems to have fallen at the first hurdle, but maybe they will pick up - who knows in the dog eat dog climate that we are all in at the moment! - TJC I have now been waiting 10 days for my bling to turn up!!! Snow or no snow, it would be nice for TJC to reassure customers who ordered around New Years Eve, and are sat waiting for something to turn up - been on the order tracking, and all it says is item dispatched you will receive it soon - not very helpful, as i cant gleam any info about whereabouts the parcel is (like I can with Gems or Rockstv) and I wont be ordering from them again - EVER! they leave their customers hanging!!!

I always liked the format of Rocks and Co., for the simple fact that it was simple to view. I am trying hard to switch to TJC as I agree they have some really nice looking jewellery and I'm fine with the presenters. I am really struggling though with the graphics all over the screen and what's with the TV in the background? it just seems a muddle. I guess I'll get used to it, but I would rather watch someone sitting down at a table giving you a clear clean view of the item they're selling. I feel sorry for the presenters standing up for 4 hours and not really moving, must give them back ache !

I always liked the format of Rocks and Co., for the simple fact that it was simple to view. I am trying hard to switch to TJC as I agree they have some really nice looking jewellery and I'm fine with the presenters. I am really struggling though with the graphics all over the screen and what's with the TV in the background? it just seems a muddle. I guess I'll get used to it, but I would rather watch someone sitting down at a table giving you a clear clean view of the item they're selling. I feel sorry for the presenters standing up for 4 hours and not really moving, must give them back ache !

Thats why I am still a rocksandco fan, the layout of the screen and the studio etc are simple and the graphics are easy to understand. The problem with TJC is that if you are using a TV set that is not set to widescreen view you cannot see all of the graphics on the screen, not good. Why should I have to adjust my TV to widescreen just so I can properly read all of the captions they have on screen. We dont all have widesceen TVs. I am (and always will be) a fan of rocksandco, but I can see why people are to some extent attracted to TJC, mainly better quality jewels. Another thing that annoys me with TJC is the obligitory clock with every auction. It seems that on quite a number of occasions the clock hits zero before all of the jewels have been sold, why couldnt they just hang on a bit longer and then people might buy the goods .... it feels like rush rush rush to me. I can guess why they do it, ie they got a lot of jewels to show us, but even so I think the clock comes up very quickly and the time allowed to buy isnt always that long ie not many auctions last more than 1-2 minutes.

I haven't watched R&C for ages, but one of the things that used to really irritate was that they would put a 1 minute clock on and then not drop the price until 30 seconds or so had passed. At least with TJC they drop the price before starting the clock ... and if people are on the phone lines when the clock hits zero they hang on for a few seconds before closing to allow people to press the hash key.

I also find that TJC zoom in much closer to the items of jewellery than R&C do, and TJC give you a much better look around the item, showing all views. In fact, sometimes I get annoyed with some of TJC's presentations when it's someone like the lovely Derek G presenting, because I want to see the presenter and get fed up of the close up of the item!!!!!

It's all horses for courses I guess

I much prefer the TJC clock to their old way which was exactly what Rocks & Co do now. Taking 20 odd minutes or more to try and sell one piece is nothing but a massive turn off, especially when 9 times out of 10 even after an eternity they still don't sell it! Listening to R & C's awful presenters waffling a load of garbage for nearly half an hour in total desperation of a sale is not something I want to see. TJC used to do the same but had the intelligence to realise it was very poor viewing and they changed their format. Now you get a good flow with a good nunber of items in an hour and you also know when the clock starts the price will NEVER come down any further. Additionally, they sell more items, make more money and can therefore pass some of this on to their customers by offering very competitive pricing. I'd much rather watch a channel who sell say 20 items an hour rather than one who sells (or tries to sell) 3 an hour!

Latest posts

Back