Treatments .... update.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fluff

Missing my friends
:mysmilie_348: I had a phone call yeterday about the pieces I queried and the results are:

Majestic Ruby .... No information available; I have been given the option to return the ring to Gems and they will send it to SafeGuard.

Alexandrite .... Natural and untreated, mined in India.

Padparadscha Sapphire ..... still waiting for information from Thailand.

Anyone else heard anything?

Really? Gems need to send the item that they sold to you to Safeguard as otherwise they cannot tell you what has happened to it! Tut tut!!!:mysmilie_73:

Are you going to? :mysmilie_701:

Really? Gems need to send the item that they sold to you to Safeguard as otherwise they cannot tell you what has happened to it! Tut tut!!!:mysmilie_73:

Are you going to? :mysmilie_701:

Yes .... I may as well find out for sure and take it from there.

I had a phone call from Clark on Saturday to say another letter is on its way to me with regard to my Majestic Ruby and my Alexandrites but it didn't arrive today. I'll report on here when it does. If they tell me they don't know what they sold me with regards to the MR :mysmilie_73: it's going straight back.

I had a phone call from Clark on Saturday to say another letter is on its way to me with regard to my Majestic Ruby and my Alexandrites but it didn't arrive today. I'll report on here when it does. If they tell me they don't know what they sold me with regards to the MR :mysmilie_73: it's going straight back.

Did he not give you any info over the phone, Sue?

The chap I spoke to :)mysmilie_34: can't remember his name) said I would be getting a letter soon but just wanted to outline the contents before it arrived.

The reason I'm going to let them send my MR ring off to SafeGuard is because I'm not convinced they'll offer a refund unless I do.

I was mightily relieved about my Alex ring (bought May 2007) and am sure your pieces will be fine too. It's probably the recent ones that might be ... erm .... a little suspect.

Well tbf Fluff he probably would have but I was in the midst of having a new freezer delivered and the men were struggling to get it in. :mysmilie_701: I was too busy watching my paintwork to chat so when he said a letter would be coming I was just happy to get off the phone and get on with being a bossy mare. :mysmilie_61:

Well tbf Fluff he probably would have but I was in the midst of having a new freezer delivered and the men were struggling to get it in. :mysmilie_701: I was too busy watching my paintwork to chat so when he said a letter would be coming I was just happy to get off the phone and get on with being a bossy mare. :mysmilie_61:

Pink, I hope! :mysmilie_17:

oooh .. a pink freezer - how fab! I've got a pink BBQ - haven't used it yet cos I don't want to get it dirty ... may christen it this year on its 2nd birthday!

Lol no I couldn't find a pink freezer that would fit under my worktop so had to make do with boring old white.
temper.gif
I do have a red and white washing machine though. :mysmilie_698:

I think I would be happier if they were just paying me to send it to Safeguard myself......will it def be your Ruby that gets the appraisal??? Ooooh I trust no-one! :mysmilie_697:

I think I would be happier if they were just paying me to send it to Safeguard myself......will it def be your Ruby that gets the appraisal??? Ooooh I trust no-one! :mysmilie_697:

I've changed my mind after receiving some very good advice from a friend.

I got my letter today, Sue. Did you?

I got my letter today, Sue. Did you?
Yes I did Fluff, it confirms my MR is glass filled. I have now emailed Mr Lovett to say I want a full refund and would he please authorise its return. If that is refused I will report the company to Trading Standards and explore suing them in the small claims court. The time and therefore the costs they will incur by getting embroiled in lengthy correspondence with me and TS and/or the court will cost them considerably more £s than just taking it back and issuing a refund.

What a disappointment Sue, let's hope this all get's sorted to your satisfaction, without having the hassle of going to Court.

Yes I did Fluff, it confirms my MR is glass filled. I have now emailed Mr Lovett to say I want a full refund and would he please authorise its return. If that is refused I will report the company to Trading Standards and explore suing them in the small claims court. The time and therefore the costs they will incur by getting embroiled in lengthy correspondence with me and TS and/or the court will cost them considerably more £s than just taking it back and issuing a refund.

I'm really sorry, Sue. I can sense your very justified anger and hope you get a satisfactory response from Mr Lovett.

The advice I received from a very thoughtful friend (sure you can guess
Smileywink-1.gif
) was not to send my ring to Gems for them to send on to SafeGuard because the report will go to Gems and not me. She suggested I ask Gems to cover the cost of me sending it to SafeGuard and having it 'enhancement tested' so I have first sight of the results.

My ring was not hugely expensive, although it seemed a lot at the time, and as there's every possibility the report will come back saying it's dyed and glass filled I think I'm more inclined to ask Mr Lovett if I can just have a refund ... it'll save a lot of hassle for me and additional expense for Gems.

Still don't know what to do ... think I'll have to sleep on it.

Why can't they just tell you themselves what treatment(s) it may have had Fluff?? My answer took a bit longer to come through but at least they told me the truth....eventually. It's ludicrous to even suggest that you or they need to send your ring away to an independant valuer for verification purposes when it's tantamount to admitting they have no idea what they are sellling!! :mysmilie_701: It would be in their best interests to let you send it back and issue you with a refund and it would end all this continued bad press on this site and maybe restore some faith back in the company for doing the right thing.

I had a letter today from Andrew Lovett CSM saying he had spoken to Richard Hughes about my fading tanzanite and that they are going to send it away for testing as he has said that their tanzy have never been coated and normally the Tanzanite is a very stable colour will keep you informed as to result

Latest posts

Back