Why does Ali Keenan assume....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I've just been reading her blog online, and she was referring to a Colin being released from hospital on Christmas Eve. Now, unless you have actually heard her mention this person on air you, like I, can only presume she is talking about her other half.
Just because we watch QVC, it does not mean that we eat live and breathe the lives of the presenters. What makes Ali think anyone is interested in knowing who her partner is? I watch this shopping channel for the lines they stock, not to get my fill of 'celebrity' gossip!

I think you will find loads of people on here who are very interested in knowing everything there is to know about presenters and their families!

I've just been reading her blog online, and she was referring to a Colin being released from hospital on Christmas Eve. Now, unless you have actually heard her mention this person on air you, like I, can only presume she is talking about her other half.
Just because we watch QVC, it does not mean that we eat live and breathe the lives of the presenters. What makes Ali think anyone is interested in knowing who her partner is? I watch this shopping channel for the lines they stock, not to get my fill of 'celebrity' gossip!

.....so why bother reading her blog

Alison has mentioned Colin on air and on her blog before. I have a feeling that some people around here would take offence if she mentioned her 'partner Colin' at every opportunity!

i suppose they think if you're reading their blog that you must be interested in their lives.I read their blogs sometimes and I suppose the bottom line is what can they write about? It must be hard to write about different things and yet in some respects have a private life at the same time.

I notice some are really into their blogs and some hardly bother with them

Why not just ignore her comment, then? Most of the presenters mention their family at some point or another and at least it shows they have a life beyond their job. It doesn't bother me and over the years I've learned that Dale has twins, Claire has 3 children and Anne Dawson seems to live on a building site but it doesn't mean I "live and breathe" their lives, it's just like a one-sided conversation with the camera.

I quite like hearing the odd comment now and then about their family and I dont think they go too mad on the subject. Dales twins are about the same age as my oldest and it was quite nice hearing about it when my daughter was young. And of course Jules mum and gran, shows he cares.

Latest posts

Back