Emu TSV 29th January 2010

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Choppysocks

Real Horrorshow
Anyone have a clue what this TSV may be?

Having been a long time hater and non understander of these types of boots (remind me of me old grannys footwear, how did that suddenly become fashionable???). I have conceeded that in this weather I need something safer and more practicle than I have got.

I missed out on the last TSV, tuned on too late for my size.

So any clues would be appretiated.

Thanks

Hiya I'm new to posting here but have been a lurker for a few weeks so just wanted to say hello :)

I too missed out on the last tsv and would love to know if anyone has any info on the upcoming one. I'm really in need of some lovely warm winter boots

welcome rollypollypud
try ama*** for emu boots
they have some good offers on at times
I thought the ones on QVC were very expensive
I have a pair of stingers in black,they are sooo warm and very very comfy
enjoy your time posting,it becomes an addiction !!

Welcome to the madhouse rollypollypud.

If you become a VIP member (for a few quid) you will be able to view 'the drop' and people are always posting the best bargains on there. Last year we had a thread going about Emu's being cheap on Amazon - I think most of us got ours off there. I got my mini brown stingers for £32 and my Black lo stingers for £40 - which is less than half the price of qvc. We are all hoping that they will reduce them similarly at the end of this season too.

I would call Uggs or Emus far from practical or safe in this weather :mysmilie_1337::mysmilie_1337::mysmilie_1337:

You'd be far better off with Snowjoggers, wellies or walking boots.

Thank you fir the warm welcome:mysmilie_12:

I have been after a pair of uggs for ages but the qvc emu's appealed to me for the easy pay option.

I've decided now i'm just going to save my pennies rather than pay over the odds to qvc.

Thank you everyone for your help:mysmilie_1146:

Would be nice to see them stock them in mens sizes as well as womens (as nearly EVERY other outlet/shop that sells them does) especially as emu boots were originally made for men in the first place.

I own some of the Emu stingers in a mens 11 and got them much cheaper from elsewhere than qvc

Emu's are no good for walking in the snow as they have very little grip. I have a couple of pairs from Primark which are far better grip wise but obviously not a patch on my Emu's for warmth etc.

love mine....im lucky enough to have a few pairs BUT we get them on offer from outlet...i have some of the narroweer fitting ones & they are nicer to look at BUT dangerous in the snow /ice......the others are great.....+ get a grips are ok over the top. keep your feet toasty warm esp if you keep to bare feet [ i know its crazy but works better ].after all the sheep dont wear extra socks do they !!!! lol

Mummybear was asking about these the other day Choppy. If you want something practical and warm they're good, they do womens sizes too. OH and I have something similar that we bought when we went skiing a few years ago, and they were invaluable in Churchill, where the snow was extremely thick and it was absolutely freezing (well it was on the edge of the arctic, so no surprises there:mysmilie_17: )
http://www.shoes.co.uk/Kids/Gumbies/Outdoor-Walking-Boots/Gumrunner_Girls-599500001/Black/

I was out in the snow in mine and didn't have a problem. Sprayed them well each time and watched where I walked, not on black ice. Didn't slip or fall.

Yes it is so weird walking round with no socks but yes it works.

Latest posts

Back