Toshiba camcorder

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I think QVC caught a cold with the TSV Toshiba pocket size camcorder before Christmas. I bought one to give to my man, and being a gadget freak should have had it sussed in minutes, but even he lost the will to live after hours of attempting to get it to work. Then I read some of the reviews - most of which described it as the worst buy ever from QVC, with just a few saying it was a marvellous gadget:mysmilie_81:. Was it a bad batch one wonders, but it appears there are an awful lot being returned to QVC, mine included !

I thinik it's good,except when playing film back on the pc it is in slow motion! Through the tv it's fine. I am probably going to return it too,but am pretty annoyed that I used it to record Christmas morning with my kids and without the camera,can only watch it in slow motion!

Thank you for the tip off...our footage of Xmas is the same - slightly slo-mo. Mr Aimbo thinks it could be a Codec bug (Software bug) so I've emailed qvc asking them to contact Toshiba for a fix on my behalf. failing that ours will have to go back as well.

Jude xx

Just tried the video on a different laptop (vista rather than XP and with a later version of windows media player) and the replay speed is fine. I don't recall this being mentioned on TSV day but maybe this is a factor. I'll report back if qvc reply with anything meaningful.

Jude xx

Thanks Deanos and Di. I wonder if this is what the online reviewers mean when they refer to poor picture quality? There don't seem to be other references to the slo-mo effect. Meanwhile we'll download the latest version of media player later in the week on the PC (with windows XP) That'll bring it on a par with the laptop (vista) which doesn't playback in slow-mo. The PC's media card is faster than the laptop (Mr A tells me) so it's still a mystery??

It may well be going back

Jude xx

Are the cards you are using fast enough ?

I have used both the card provbided and an 8 mb card I had in another camera. It does the same on both,and all the pc's we own,2 of which are high spec bought in the last 2 months. Very frustrating. It's such a good size etc I would have loved to keep it :(

I have used both the card provbided and an 8 mb card I had in another camera. It does the same on both,and all the pc's we own,2 of which are high spec bought in the last 2 months. Very frustrating. It's such a good size etc I would have loved to keep it :(

The PC's can be the best spec ever, but if the SD card is too slow it may have an effect if it is a (i hasten to use the word) cheap generic card.

But the card was supplied with the camera-and works fine playing back on the tv or viewed through the camera screen. Oddly as well, the sound is in real time but the picture just slightly slow-very odd,although my kids actually think it's a great wheeze!

Hi Di

QVC simply gave me the Toshiba helpline number :mysmilie_81:

However, we've tried replaying clips on various PCs and LapTops in the family and there seems to be a problem only on the PC still running Windows XP; Vista and 7 are fine.

Mr Akimbo is happy to keep it so that's settled; we haven't encountered any of the sound or picture quality issues reported by some reviewers.

Jude xx

Thanks Jude, we are finding some playback is ok, others very grainy and sounds out of sync.

Think a little play around with it next couple of days and then decide. QVC website around half of over 70 reviews are 1 star.

Latest posts

Back