Kirks Folly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Totally agree!!
I saw they are selling a fairy ornament at some point today (Can't remember how much it is, but it was quite expensive), but I have seen better in a Pound Shop!!
Never understood what people see in this range.
Very Very overpriced.
And don't get me started on the woman blowing glitter everytime she appears on air. WHAT IS THE POINT!!!
I always thought Dreamkeeper was expensive as well. My GF says it's overpriced tat.

I could understand the appeal of some of the Dreamkeeper clothes if you went on a lot of cruises (the dusters and glittery tops look like the dressed up stuff folk could wear) but I still think they are madly overpriced.

Don't like the Kirks Folly jewellery - it's too OTT for my taste and anyway I can't wear metal.

Totally agree!!
I saw they are selling a fairy ornament at some point today (Can't remember how much it is, but it was quite expensive), but I have seen better in a Pound Shop!!
Never understood what people see in this range.
Very Very overpriced.
And don't get me started on the woman blowing glitter everytime she appears on air. WHAT IS THE POINT!!!
I always thought Dreamkeeper was expensive as well. My GF says it's overpriced tat.

I have a jacket and it is beautiful but I have never had any of the trinkets. Not my style at all. I find Jennifer Kirk false and I just know that underneath all that sickly sweetness there is a woman of steel with a sweat shop in China making all of this stuff for next to nothing.

Around 5 years ago,I sent for some Kirks folly earrings as they seemed perfect with the crystals on parts of my wedding dress. Even though the exchange rate was better back then,they still seemed expensive-they weren't particularly well made-and I bought some much nicer earrings from Debenhams instead. I have never been tempted since. I think people just get sucked into some sort of wierd world with her and buy to 'join the club'. When you think of what you could buy with that amount of money in a proper jewellary shop-I just cannot understand how kirks folly manage to stay so popular,especially during a recession?

I bought a crystal watch with the square face over a year ago and it is nice and sparkly, but the problem is that it catches on clothes so it has driven me mad and I don't wear it now. I bought a black devore jacket from Dreamkeeper to take on holiday but I didn't wear it, so it now sits in the cupboard. I think this will go in the next charity bag I get through the door!! Never Again!!

And also spare a thought for the poor presenters on with her - they must dread it, an hour later they're covered in lots of annoying glitt...(sorry, FAIRY DUST) that must stick to their clothes till kingdom come. Poor Simon this morning was utterly drowned in the stuff - first day back after being off sick for ages and he gets that ;) .

And also spare a thought for the poor presenters on with her - they must dread it, an hour later they're covered in lots of annoying glitt...(sorry, FAIRY DUST) that must stick to their clothes till kingdom come. Poor Simon this morning was utterly drowned in the stuff - first day back after being off sick for ages and he gets that ;) .

Sharon (one of the models) wouldn't mind because she is always coated with glitter!!

It's the twinkly music that gets me. Do you think that JK makes some poor little stagehand practice for hours before the show? I can imagine that she gets really cross if her blowing and his tinkling isn't perfectly syncronised. Oh, and that strange way that she says "ferees" in that psuedo English accent.
That sort of rubbish is what malkes QVC worth watching!!!! Love it!!

:mysmilie_701:

I agree Almerinda. Does anyone remember the protests outside GAP stores and protests about Nike using sweat shops.

Yes!
Indigo Moon is another one. How can they sell all that sequin encrusted stuff for 45 pounds. It must take hours to sew the bliddy things on. I bet that Crapper Factory is another one! Jeanie Bice looks like a nasty piece of work to me what with her head-band and sweat pants.
Goodness, I am having a bit of a rant this evening. What's going on??

Sharon (one of the models) wouldn't mind because she is always coated with glitter!!

It's the twinkly music that gets me. Do you think that JK makes some poor little stagehand practice for hours before the show? I can imagine that she gets really cross if her blowing and his tinkling isn't perfectly syncronised. Oh, and that strange way that she says "ferees" in that psuedo English accent.
That sort of rubbish is what malkes QVC worth watching!!!! Love it!!

:mysmilie_701:

That made me laugh. A Greek friend of mine, with excellent English told me she was upset because her wayward daughter had had a ferry tattooed on her arm. How very Greek, I thought, though hardly ladylike. I asked if it was going full steam ahead down her arm or across her shoulder. It took a while to sort out the confusion because of course, she was saying "fairy" in her charmingly accented way......

I had two of her pieces when I first joined qvc and both broke.A couple of years ago I bought a tsv watch and it arrived broken.I now just steer clear completely of it - not that i particularly like a lot of it - I like the odd piece but still not tempted.

Sometimes I think jennifer is a real clever lady - shes built this empire on make believe and people really truely believe in her fairy dust and healing words.I think thats really great if someone out there is taking comfort from it - but I'd hate to think of a person in need or depression is spending hundreds of pounds to find comfort from those words.

sorry - not wishing to offend anyone x

I do agree Kirk's Folly is overpriced, but I must admit I love Dreamkeeper. I've worn two different duster coats to parties/graduations, and have had people trailing me round and eventually asking me where I bought my 'Japanese coat'.

That made me laugh. A Greek friend of mine, with excellent English told me she was upset because her wayward daughter had had a ferry tattooed on her arm. How very Greek, I thought, though hardly ladylike. I asked if it was going full steam ahead down her arm or across her shoulder. It took a while to sort out the confusion because of course, she was saying "fairy" in her charmingly accented way......

Oh boy I almost peed my pants when I read this! I've had a horrid day and this has really cheered me up :)

funny thread, thanks people, I watched a bit this morning with a sort of appalled fascintation, the prices!!! the glitter!!!, the steely gleam in the eyes of the Fairy Godmother, (think that should just be godmother in mafia style). I must confess to once buying some earrings from the range when they were vastly reduced and they are lovely but most of it is grossly overpriced, whimsical, sickly looking tat. Got some fab earrings this pm in Wallis sale for £5, the Godmother would charge 30 quid for them and probably leave a fairy's head in your bed if you bad mouthed her!

I meant to say that one of my daughters used to collect the fairy pins. She doesn't wear them, they are pinned to a velvet curtain in her bedroom. They are not to my taste but it made buying presents easy!
Anyway, she hasn't bothered for a long time because in the beginning, love'em or loathe'em, they were very well made and intricate. Over the years, the quality has really dropped off and the detail has gone, so she is obviously having them made very cheaply somewhere else.

Latest posts

Back