Favourite guest presenter?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RICKY S

Registered Shopper
Yes, I'm bored at work!:mysmilie_61:

I am a guy in my thirties. My GF won't let me buy her jewellery cos I've got rubbish taste. I don't wear jewellery but....

I love the Frank Usher hours because of the guest they have. Quite an oldish lady (not sure of her name). I really like her. Could listen to her for hours.

As above - Change jewellery to Handbags, but I really like Carla Lazlo.
Heard she was sacked from IW - Anyone know if it's true?
If she was sacked - what a shame. She is wasted on QVC.

i donlt let my hubby buy me anything ricky s so dont worry your not alone :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_11:
my fav is keeley from elemis and nina smashbox

Ha Ha, Thanks Rainbow.
I took a chance about 6 months ago with a Tania Bryer round pendant.
It's still in the box unworn now!
To be fair - it is horrible. Looks like a Gold Medal from the Olympics!!!
Might end up being a Mothers Day present this year!!:mysmilie_61:

Same here. I won't let OH choose, but we have set up a separate QVC account for him so that he can still pay.

Same here. I won't let OH choose, but we have set up a separate QVC account for him so that he can still pay.

Good thinking Carruthers!
My husband has learned by a lot of trial and a little error what I like.Certainly , he knows the type of settings I like and what suits me. The trouble is, I get overkill. Years ago i saw a beautiful amber pendant which he bought me and I was thrilled, saying, "I do love amber", this was followed by numerous amber gifts for various occasions until I was sick of the sight of the stuff and rarely wear it now! Bless him. I now have several mis-matched jade pieces for the same reason so we've got a jewellery embargo now, unless it's plain silver....

Good thinking Carruthers!
My husband has learned by a lot of trial and a little error what I like.Certainly , he knows the type of settings I like and what suits me. The trouble is, I get overkill. Years ago i saw a beautiful amber pendant which he bought me and I was thrilled, saying, "I do love amber", this was followed by numerous amber gifts for various occasions until I was sick of the sight of the stuff and rarely wear it now! Bless him. I now have several mis-matched jade pieces for the same reason so we've got a jewellery embargo now, unless it's plain silver....

hehehe :) never a dull moment in your household, Artemis.

I looove jade, too.

I never let my husband buy me anything unless i put it on a list with specific size/colour etc instructions after receiving 3 of the same cd from him for valentines, birthday and christmas! He can still manage to mess it up even with strict instruction - vouchers work best for me!

Back on topic though, i like helen from nails inc and the older man who does the Kennedy jewellery range - he is so infromative even though i an not fond of the range!

Sorry! I meant to agree with WS and say Harald, by a mile!
I rarely watch any more so I'm not up to speed with many of the newer ones. I like Suarti but find the shows uncomfortable to watch sometimes because I think many QVC presenters behave patronisingly towards her. I'm not saying it's deliberate, more ignorance with some of them, but they put on their "talking to a foreigner" voice and use adjectives more befitting a small child.....

Sorry! I meant to agree with WS and say Harald, by a mile!
I rarely watch any more so I'm not up to speed with many of the newer ones. I like Suarti but find the shows uncomfortable to watch sometimes because I think many QVC presenters behave patronisingly towards her. I'm not saying it's deliberate, more ignorance with some of them, but they put on their "talking to a foreigner" voice and use adjectives more befitting a small child.....

SO SPOT ON!!!!!!! :mysmilie_687:

I never let my Oh choose jewellery for me either.:mysmilie_61:
My favourite guests are Harald, Helen The Van Dahl lady, Helen from Nails inc, Leighton Denny and purely for eye candy Denis from Ojon

Imagine this.
I am sat watching a jewellery show with my feet up and with a nice cup of tea in front of me.
My husband is in the kitchen cooking dinner.
At regular intervals, and much to his annoyance, I will call him into the room and ask him to look at the item that is being presented. Then I say "do I like that??". With much muttering and grumbling he will answer (or not) and he is usually right. Mainly due to my tone of voice!
I know that this is a risky business as he is usually brandishing a sharp implement but I feel that it is for his educational benefit and will help him to understand me even more than he does already.
Having said that it is a futile exercise because he has never dared to buy me anythng without my prior approval.

Sorry that I went off the point a bit!!!

My favourite guest presenters are;

The Van Dal Lady (who should be on every week because she is a hoot) and.................

You know, I can't think of any others that I really like!!!!

Haven't had the chance to see Harald yet (only a snippet on the website) but I think that I will like him too.

Denis from Ojon because he's absolutely gorgeous and Ralph from Honora because he seems such a genuinely nice person.

Helen the Van Dal lady - utterly wonderful and a breath of fresh air, Harald - just wonderful in every way, Laura Geller - an absolute delight to watch...

Latest posts

Back