Help! I'm tempted to buy something.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveheart

Registered Shopper
I am feeling bored, fed up, miserable, cold, worried, lots of reasons why I have been thinking about buying the Smashbox 5 piece allstars collection. It's £19.00 plus p&p of £3.45. I need mascara but I don't need the other bits in the kit but I just like the look of it. I can't really afford it but I keep looking at it. I need some help here and quick.:mysmilie_687:

Hi loveheart! If you can afford it and it won't break the bank and it will cheer you up then don't feel - guilty go for it. Life's too short for always denying yourself the odd treat!

Hi loveheart! If you can afford it and it won't break the bank and it will cheer you up then don't feel - guilty go for it. Life's too short for always denying yourself the odd treat!

:mysmilie_687: I know it will cheer me up for a few minutes then it will join all my other make up in the big drawer. I may wait till tomorrow when I hope to feel a bit better. Thanks petpixie,

Go for it, Sweetie. You deserve it after all the grief we've been giving you while you were trying to save us from ourselves! :mysmilie_1414:

I agree with PP, LH. Word-for-word. :mysmilie_1414:

:mysmilie_687: It is nearly £25.00 with the p&p for piddley sizes and I only really need mascara. I have loads of primer and lip glosses but I quite like the other 2 bits. I am still thinking about it WS.

Go for it, Sweetie. You deserve it after all the grief we've been giving you while you were trying to save us from ourselves! :mysmilie_1414:

:mysmilie_687: I will sleep on it and if I fancy it tomorrow I will go for it. I feel
a bit of a fraud now after all my f.a.r.ting talk.

:mysmilie_687: It is nearly £25.00 with the p&p for piddley sizes and I only really need mascara. I have loads of primer and lip glosses but I quite like the other 2 bits. I am still thinking about it WS.

Is it the Lash DNA mascara you are after, or any smashbox mascara?

Is it the Lash DNA mascara you are after, or any smashbox mascara?

I am not fussy what make WS. I have been using an old Laura Geller mascara for I don't know how long and just fancied a new one. I may try one of the e.l.f ones that everyone is talking about on the health and beauty thread or I may go for the Smashbox kit. I've just made a dental appointment so I may see how much that is going to cost me .:mysmilie_61:

For me, I found it was just the buying that was satisfying, not necessarily the purchase. Try to call into Boots and look at the fabby range of less expensive options there if your trying to stick to a budget. My bestest find is some eye cream from Aldi which is a fraction of the price of the ones I used to buy from QVC which I found by accident when browsing. Also have you tried looking at The Bay and Amazon to see if its cheaper there.

If you do end up going for it, it may make you feel better to know that I spent £20 on a Cargo Las Accelerator mascara from Boots and although I do love it, you will be getting a lot more for a little more money.:mysmilie_12:

For me, I found it was just the buying that was satisfying, not necessarily the purchase. Try to call into Boots and look at the fabby range of less expensive options there if your trying to stick to a budget. My bestest find is some eye cream from Aldi which is a fraction of the price of the ones I used to buy from QVC which I found by accident when browsing. Also have you tried looking at The Bay and Amazon to see if its cheaper there.

If you do end up going for it, it may make you feel better to know that I spent £20 on a Cargo Las Accelerator mascara from Boots and although I do love it, you will be getting a lot more for a little more money.:mysmilie_12:

:mysmilie_687: £20.00 for a mascara! I know you are right about Boots Bet. I certainly wouldn't spend almost £25.00 for mascara and a few sample size items there. I am f.a.rting and that is an end to it.

This calls for a song, all join in now:

STOP, in the name of love (heart)
Before you break your FART
Think it o wo ver

:mysmilie_82: Fan-bliddy- tastic! :mysmilie_687: :mysmilie_17:

Loveheart my treasure, you know I am rubbish at this self denial stuff, but I shall try and channel you and BakerGirl for a sec and say:

£22.45 for a mascara and a bunch of nothing much? Not likely my love?! :mysmilie_541:

Have you looked on The Bay at what the mascara is going for on it's own? There are plenty of us selling our "spares" on there.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_trkp...Mascara_PP&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1

Plus Bobbi Brown, Cargo, Prescriptives etc. (It's probably best to stay away from Benefit on eBay at the moment cos there must be a factory somewhere churning out fakes - there's so much fake Benefit on there right now!)

Can you have a play with the make up you've got and rediscover some forgotten gems?

I'm wearing a purple models Prefer Eyedentity eyeliner with purple Models prefer LA Glam eyeshadow today. Can't remember the last time I dug them out but they look very swish! (On the train this morning it was possibly a bit much for 7am on a Tuesday in January but I've never been one to let that kind of thing stop me!) :D

OOh and E.L.F. were doing free postage last time I looked. I had a total splurge and got about a dozen things for both me and my daughter for about £30. I just need the Royal Mail to get back to normal and start sending the postmen out and about again so I can start playing with it all!

Failing that, ALDI do a fab mascara - I'm s'posed to have gone and bought some but haven't made it there yet. I've gne off the SAVERS one I bought a little because it seems to collect in the inner corner of my eyes, but it was 69p so I don't regret buying it at all! (That doesn't happen to my daughter so she still loves hers!) I'll use it up on my days off I expect.

Stand firm Loveheart, :mysmilie_1209:

Last edited:

I've got Lash Accelerator and I LOVE it! Even Hubby doesn't think I'm imagining how much more amazing my lashes are looking. It's awesome!

Just looking at mascara still (as you do) and there's one from Bobbi Brown that I've never heard of.

It it Old? New? Fake? (or am I just not as much of a Bobbi Brown Queen as I think I am?) :D

It's called Waterproof & Lengthening Mascara - and it's all over eBay.

Latest posts

Back