chat box

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Milly

Registered Shopper
:mysmilie_348:Ido hope someone from rocks will take notice of the chat and let the presenters see the chat so that they can interact with us as they used to
It was a special part of rocks on the web and we really miss it ,:mysmilie_687:

Things are changing and moving on for them now and i dont think they would come across very proffesionally by seeing and reading our chat now , its got to look alot slicker on tv now, though there will still be a selection of chatters quotes etc and a degree of interaction, we cant expect to keep everything the way it was as our own little secret ...lol !!as in the OLD days. Ive seen the frustrations and moans in chat and could join in occasionally but whats the point? technology moves at its own pace.. ive got an empty karma charm bracelet for my daughter whos birthday was the 6th of jan ,so couldnt fill it for her,she was dissapointed but i have to wait like everyone else and doesnt seem worth the hassle to get uptight so ..im sitting back and waiting ..the only trouble is when the sites are running properly again i know ill be in the "poor house" as daughters choosing her own charms she says ...!!!!! (plus even though its not running full pelt at mo i seem to have done a good job of filling my basket!!!!!)

Last edited:
You and me both Marie!!!!! Lol!!

Have to say I agree entirely with you. I think that the level of interaction we used to have with the presenters wouldn't work on telly simply because it wouldn't make sense to the viewing audience unless the chat box was visible on screen. With some of the topics of conversation that come up, and with some comments being every so slightly innuendo ( ME?? :mysmilie_447: ) they would be shut down within the week if they did that!!!

I think that it was always going to happen when they went on tele, that the interaction would decrease, and I agree, it's a real shame, but such is life. We still have FAR more interaction with the team than any other TV or internet shopping channel offer, we are still encouraged to contact the people who can REALLY make changes with any suggestions and feedback we have, which we have seen come to fruition on many occasions, and how many other companies would you be able to send an email to ANY of the companies owners, and receive a personal reply back, usually within a day or two!!!

I can't help thinking that we have maybe started to take for granted what we get overall with Rocks.

I agree with you both things do get a bit naughty at times in the chat LOL which used to make the presenter burst out laughing but can you imagine someone watching tv and presenter goes into fits of giggling you can always phone in i did it was great fun

I think it may have something to do with the fact that there are certain things they cannot read out live on air ( ofcom are strict) and when it was on line it did not matter if they read out some random thing and as others have mentioned now it does! I miss it too but at least the producer pops up some of the messages. I am looking forward to the return of cr as I am desparate for a kama charm bracelet! and want to start collecting the charms! :)

I can't help get the feeling that web buyers are coming in for most auctions almost to spite new television viewers - I just hope for Steve's sake that they are all checking out.

As has been said, the business is changing and moving forward, I can't imagine web only auctions were very profitiable for them, so sadly I think some people need to stop dragging their feet and get use to the new offering...

thought the thread was about chat box not about web buying and checking out..

chat is heavily regulated hence bits of chat picked out for tv...yes it can get naughty sometimes lol..

also the web buyers bought for 2yrs to help put rocks on the map so cant see where there wasnt any profit made by it .... just my opinion...

I can't help get the feeling that web buyers are coming in for most auctions almost to spite new television viewers - I just hope for Steve's sake that they are all checking out.

As has been said, the business is changing and moving forward, I can't imagine web only auctions were very profitiable for them, so sadly I think some people need to stop dragging their feet and get use to the new offering...

On what basis? Have the web buyers given you that impression? I am very curious to know what has made you think that. I am a very regular purchaser and have only seen the chat grow to include TV people, and most everyone has been very welcoming.

I think the web buyers have the advantage so it isn't as if they aren't going to get the pieces they want when they want them.

The web buyers are coming in because they wish to buy the goods on offer - as they have always done since Rocks started in July 2008. Yes, they have the advantage of speed over the new television viewers, but that is a technical issue and certainly not a question of the web buyers being spiteful or mean spirited.

I can't help wondering what has led you to that opinion as I can see no basis whatsoever for such a statement.

Most households nowadadays have computer access so the television broadcasts will undoubtedly lead to Rocks gaining more web customers as the new viewers realise this is their best chance of bagging an item quickly.

I was under the impression that you were legally bound to check out an item once it was in your basket? Has that changed?

I noticed two sapphire rings went almost instantaneously to phone bidders yesterday. I can only assume that savvy TV jewellery buyers with only a phone to hand are as adept as us clickers when it comes to getting what we want. :mysmilie_17:

Web buyers have the speed advantage on all the jewellery channels, so I too really don't understand why you get this feeling.

I only buy from the web (no satellite tv) and I buy because I want an item, not for spite.

My thread was about the chat box .....
I am all for rocks moving forward and changing but what i meant was it would be nice for the presenters to see the chat( not for the tv viewers) just so they can see us asking questions i.e length and sizes etc.when they have time to glance at it i know the banter and cheeky bits cant be answered by the presenters as it would'nt make sense to the tv viewers but sometimes the item is sold out before they remember to measure it etc

Latest posts

Back