Pipa's Doggy's

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whilst it's great that Pipa saved a puppy that had been very badly treated, it would probably have been better for her to get a pup from one of the 100s of rescue centres that are snowed under with them.Buying a puppy from a bad breeder only fuels the horrible industry.
She's gorgeous though :mysmilie_12:
Go to Dogpages if you want to see loads of dogs needing homes.:mysmilie_81:

Whilst it's great that Pipa saved a puppy that had been very badly treated, it would probably have been better for her to get a pup from one of the 100s of rescue centres that are snowed under with them.Buying a puppy from a bad breeder only fuels the horrible industry.

I'd better not do that - I'd adopt the lot :mysmilie_12: My German Shepherd sadly died in November and we were devastated. We don't intend getting another one (just yet anyway - famous last words), but I sponsor a dog with Dogs Trust, who will never put a healthy dog down. Some of their dogs cannot (for various reasons) be rehomed, but will be cared for for their lifetime.

Pauline x

Sorry to hear of your loss Aranlady, you'll know when the time is right to have another dog to love :mysmilie_429:

sorry for your loss Aranlady
our dog was rescued and found wandering around close to a main road last Feb,he was around 6 weeks old when we got him,he's now 14 months
he is a German shepherd/ collie cross
I hope you will feel one day that you can get another dog to love xx

Wow Pippa has been unlucky with her dogs, I wonder what happend to the people who stole her first dog? I know what I would do to anyone who stole my furbabies and it wouldn't be very pleasant.

My cats didn't come from breeders but I did take a bit of a chance - I contacted the local RSPCA asking if they had any available and they told me about a family who had cats they wanted to give up but the RSPCA hadn't had a chance to visit. I went and saw the family myself, checked out the cats and took them on - could have been risky if the cats had health issues but luckily they are still going strong (touches wood) 12 years later :mysmilie_696:

For dogs even the flea prevention monthly and three monthly worming treatment cost is an expense on it's own without added vets fees.
Having said that we love Ben to bits.

:mysmilie_12:

Attachments

• Picture 413.jpg
    Picture 413.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 203

Yep I agree, by buying the puppy she has given the bad breeders more money to keep on trading with.

The only problem is that I am sure she wouldn't have been able to leave the puppy there, I know I wouldn't have.

Sometimes you just don't know what to do for teh best.

I don't have a dog, but would love one, think I would go to Dog's Trust or other charities to get one though.

we have a rescue dog, she is just divine and it is beyond me how badly she was treated before we got her. Just cannot believe how terrible some people are. At least some dogs get to go to loving homes. wish it could be more. Pipa's dogs look gorgeous.

Fortunately it turned out to be a happy ending, but the cough could so easily have been fatal. As Pipa says, she knew she wasn't following the advice for getting a happy, well reared puppy but I don't blame her, not wanting to leave the puppy there. The alternative would have been to go away and phone the RSPCA and hope they got there in time.

Yes, there are many dogs in homes waiting to be adopted but as a dog breeder I can also see that some people want a specific breed having had it before, known one of the breed or wanting to know what size it will grow, etc. I love all dogs.

I'm delighted that the microchip worked and they got their Lab back. All mine are microchipped.

Fortunately it turned out to be a happy ending, but the cough could so easily have been fatal. As Pipa says, she knew she wasn't following the advice for getting a happy, well reared puppy but I don't blame her, not wanting to leave the puppy there. The alternative would have been to go away and phone the RSPCA and hope they got there in time.

Yes, there are many dogs in homes waiting to be adopted but as a dog breeder I can also see that some people want a specific breed having had it before, known one of the breed or wanting to know what size it will grow, etc. I love all dogs.

I'm delighted that the microchip worked and they got their Lab back. All mine are microchipped.

What doggies do you breed??

My boyf and I always go on about getting a choc/black lab, we get so jealous when we see them around lol!!

It was fab on Boxing Day, I was at my parents house when a black lab came wandering in the garden, so I went outside to catch it as we didn't know whose it was.

Went out and it was a lovely young thing, full of energy but no barking or growling or anything like that etc, spotted my neighbours who said that it had gone in their garden and they didn't know whose it was ....... erm did you not think to catch it rather than letting it run around and possibly getting knocked over on main road which is not too far away.

Luckily my boyf came out and helped me as the dog was quite strong and it was icy on the drive, we got a make shift lead (bathrobe belt), phoned the number on teh collar which wasn't local and went for a walk.

Bout an hour later someone phoned back, it was the neighbour of the owner as the owner was visiting her daughter who lived in my village, she was from somewhere miles away!! Anyway they came and picked up the dog - would have loved to have kept him, he was fab!! lol!!!

What doggies do you breed??

My boyf and I always go on about getting a choc/black lab, we get so jealous when we see them around lol!!

It was fab on Boxing Day, I was at my parents house when a black lab came wandering in the garden, so I went outside to catch it as we didn't know whose it was.

Went out and it was a lovely young thing, full of energy but no barking or growling or anything like that etc, spotted my neighbours who said that it had gone in their garden and they didn't know whose it was ....... erm did you not think to catch it rather than letting it run around and possibly getting knocked over on main road which is not too far away.

Luckily my boyf came out and helped me as the dog was quite strong and it was icy on the drive, we got a make shift lead (bathrobe belt), phoned the number on teh collar which wasn't local and went for a walk.

Bout an hour later someone phoned back, it was the neighbour of the owner as the owner was visiting her daughter who lived in my village, she was from somewhere miles away!! Anyway they came and picked up the dog - would have loved to have kept him, he was fab!! lol!!!

I breed Pointers [English]. That's my gang in the photo. I've had the breed for over 25 years now.

I have my mobile number on the identity disks of mine so that if I'm out with them I know somebody would ring my mobile if one goes missing! We used to put home numbers on but realised that was pretty useless if we were out searching!

:mysmilie_348:

If anyone knows of Pipa's past sad problem with her labrador puppy and then the heart warming happy ending.
Have been awaiting details of her new puppy as it didn't seem to have a trouble free start as a new addition to Pipa's family.
Wishing them well.

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/pipa_gordon/2010/01/my-new-puppy.html

:mysmilie_12:

What a great result to a sad story, thanks for posting it. Lovely picture of of Ben in the snow.

What a great result to a sad story, thanks for posting it. Lovely picture of of Ben in the snow.

:mysmilie_348:

:mysmilie_687: He had a lovely time trying to catch snowballs he loves ice cubes out of the freezer so took to getting rather larger ones from the garden.

:mysmilie_61:

Latest posts

Back