Shame on you, Dennis Basso

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
Hello everyone - Seeing Dennis Basso is on again this weekend has prompted me to say that until I read some of the posts on this forum recently I had no idea this man dealt in the real fur trade. Naïve maybe, but it just didn't occur to me. Although not interested in faux fur fashion anyway, I have bought scarves/wraps as gifts. I have two gorgeous cats and abhore cruelty to any living creature, so I won't be supporting his company in the future.
I doubt many of QVC's customers, without access to the internet, are aware of this man's involvement in such an evil trade.

I did not know about the evil other life of Mr Basso until I joined this forum, was glad to be enlightened.

It amazes me that QVC will allow a man / company who court such controversy any air time at all. I have one of his faux fur coats which I bought about 10 years ago. I only like fun fur and have never owned real fur, nor do I want to. I admit to leather shoes and handbags though, so I am not squeeky clean! I just refuse to watch when DB is visiting, not any other hours either - full stop. So, this weekend will be QVC free for me.

Inge

I think it was in an Alice in Wonderland cartoon type film, there was a big fat caterpillar or slug. It looked just like Basso all puffed up ,fat and slimey.

Last edited:
I'm not on facebook but would encourage everyone to highlight his evil trade.

That vile ugly man should be skinned alive.

I firmly believe there should be a permanant sticky about him on the top of the QVC threads so everyone will always be aware and not just when there is a TSV on.

How he sleeps at night I do not know.

I'm not on facebook but would encourage everyone to highlight his evil trade.

That vile ugly man should be skinned alive.

I firmly believe there should be a permanant sticky about him on the top of the QVC threads so everyone will always be aware and not just when there is a TSV on.
How he sleeps at night I do not know.

Great idea Choppysocks

i agree with everything said about this man and his vile practices, but please don't shoot me down when i say the shame is his range of clothes seem to be the most stylish and fashioable on qvc, i would never buy on principle but surely qvc must know that a more ethical brand
but on par stylewise would be a jewel in their crown.

so sorry whatever we feel about him with regards to animal rights, surely we would agree he has an eye for style with glamour

as i say, sorry but just my thoughts

No-one will shoot you down but personally I think his coats are dreadful so imo the creep is a total waste of space and air time.

The man always made my skin crawl even before I discovered this about him. **shudders** Can't bear to hear his voice let alone watch him drooling over his products like an over-inflated, lascivious toad.

And the pathetic way some of the presenters fawn over him like he's the QVC equivalent of Don Corleone, makes me want to barf too!
rolleyes.gif

I've a sneaking suspicion that a couple of them (including maybe Julia) secretly don't really like him very much either but are a wee bit afraid that he may take out a contract on them... or perhaps even club them on the head and skin them for their pelt like a baby seal??
icon9.gif

People seem to be happy to line his pockets by buying up his TSV's like hot cakes though.
4_12_3.gif

i agree with everything said about this man and his vile practices, but please don't shoot me down when i say the shame is his range of clothes seem to be the most stylish and fashioable on qvc, i would never buy on principle but surely qvc must know that a more ethical brand
but on par stylewise would be a jewel in their crown.

so sorry whatever we feel about him with regards to animal rights, surely we would agree he has an eye for style with glamour

as i say, sorry but just my thoughts

Hi iamasmall, I hear what you're saying and would be happy to go along with it if he had enough good taste to match his design style by restricting his fashion to the faux variety! Probably wouldnt be as wealthy then though would he!?

There a plenty of other places to get stylish outerwear from brands who are also ethical.
Bottom line is, it's down to QVCto find and provide these alternatives for us!

The man always made my skin crawl even before I discovered this about him. **shudders** Can't bear to hear his voice let alone watch him drooling over his products like an over-inflated, lascivious toad.

And the pathetic way some of the presenters fawn over him like he's the QVC equivalent of Don Corleone, makes me want to barf too!
rolleyes.gif

I've a sneaking suspicion that a couple of them (including maybe Julia) secretly don't really like him very much either but are a wee bit afraid that he may take out a contract on them... or perhaps even club them on the head and skin them for their pelt like a baby seal??
icon9.gif

People seem to be happy to line his pockets by buying up his TSV's like hot cakes though.
4_12_3.gif

I agree, isn't Julia a vegetarian? Surely she must hate being on with a muderous B*****d!!

I agree, isn't Julia a vegetarian? Surely she must hate being on with a muderous B*****d!!

Thats what I was thinking, is there any great graphic designers who could make a banner to explain about basso that we could have on the site permanatly?

Latest posts

Back