Eyeliner & Smashbox Nina

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

aragorn0130

Registered Shopper
Why does Nina always put eyeliner as a big stripe across the top lid to the point where it takes up more room than the eyeshadow? I always put my liner as close to the lash line as possible, but yet again - she's put the shadow liner halfway up the eye lid. I think for a make up artist it's a bizarre thing to do?

I've often thought that too Aragorn but more importantly.........your new avvie.......why is poor Frodo in prison ('tis Frodo isn't it?), or is that a baby gate, in which case, why didn't you tell us Frodo is actually the size of a Rottweiler in real life? :mysmilie_61:

Why does Nina always put eyeliner as a big stripe across the top lid to the point where it takes up more room than the eyeshadow? I always put my liner as close to the lash line as possible, but yet again - she's put the shadow liner halfway up the eye lid. I think for a make up artist it's a bizarre thing to do?

The shadow liner is not just the typical eyeliner. With the cream eyeliner Nina tends to do the classic near-to-the-lashes application. But the shadow liner is more for that rock-chick look (at least that's what I'd call it!). You can get a simple smokey eye with it, a smudgy look, a classic eyeliner and an all-over shadow from it. I often put mine on like that - a big sweep that goes down to the lashline but somewhat up the mobile lid itself.

I agree with NIKKID - the shadow liner is designed as a shadow as well as a liner and can be blended as such. It is certainly more than a liner and is great for the smokey eye look.

I love that you can apply these easily under the eye as well as on top and the brush that traditionally i ssued with these is a much thicker brush to give more definition, as NIKKID says.

I also love these with shadow over the top

I've often thought that too Aragorn but more importantly.........your new avvie.......why is poor Frodo in prison ('tis Frodo isn't it?), or is that a baby gate, in which case, why didn't you tell us Frodo is actually the size of a Rottweiler in real life? :mysmilie_61:

Oh that's made me laugh :mysmilie_697: You have a wicked sense of humour. Frodo goes in a playpen in the living room because he chews my wallpaper - he's a terror but all rabbits do it. They also eat electrical wires, coverings on speakers, telephone cables, carpet/carpet tiles, towels, plastic carrier bags, labels on bottles, wood on chairs, socks, curtains, and anything else they like the look of. I have learnt this to my cost over the past 20 years of keeping houserabbits and yet still I persevere with having the furry creatures. So this one, having newly decorated, only gets out when I am home (all the others were left to roam) and he has a playpen so I'm not having to be up and down like a yo-yo shooing him away from my skirting boards :mysmilie_73:

The shadow liner is not just the typical eyeliner. With the cream eyeliner Nina tends to do the classic near-to-the-lashes application. But the shadow liner is more for that rock-chick look (at least that's what I'd call it!). You can get a simple smokey eye with it, a smudgy look, a classic eyeliner and an all-over shadow from it. I often put mine on like that - a big sweep that goes down to the lashline but somewhat up the mobile lid itself.

I have the shadow liner, but I tend to still only use it quite close to the line. Maybe I will try it a different way then as you and Jayne suggest! I usually use it when I'm in a hurry because it's an effortless 'smokey eye'. I like it - but I'm not sure it lasts as well as some of the other liners out there?

I have the shadow liner, but I tend to still only use it quite close to the line. Maybe I will try it a different way then as you and Jayne suggest! I usually use it when I'm in a hurry because it's an effortless 'smokey eye'. I like it - but I'm not sure it lasts as well as some of the other liners out there?

I find it lasts really well. In fact I've just applied it ahead of a night out in the pub tonight. And I'm confident that it'll still be in place when I get home, Cinderella-like, around midnight. I would say that it is, of course, a less dense look than other eyeliners but last really well. The best, longest-lasting of the cream/putty standard eyeliners are, in my opinion, Bobbi Brown's. They really take some shifting!

I use the shadow liner as a shadow on the upper lid and a smudged liner below my lashes. I then use the smashbox liner above as well. Seems to last all day! I have almost all the shadow liner colours and just play about with them.......::mysmilie_946:

I put the shadow liners on with a line close to my eye with the arced liner brush then use the one supplied by Jayne - the shadow liner brush - to smudge it a bit so it is not so 'harsh'.

Eyeliner and Smashbox Nina

We need to bear in mind that the make up used on tv demos has to be slightly exagerrated for the camera, altho she does say do a thick line. matter of taste, I guess.

I find it lasts really well. In fact I've just applied it ahead of a night out in the pub tonight. And I'm confident that it'll still be in place when I get home, Cinderella-like, around midnight. I would say that it is, of course, a less dense look than other eyeliners but last really well. The best, longest-lasting of the cream/putty standard eyeliners are, in my opinion, Bobbi Brown's. They really take some shifting!

Yes - the BB gel eyeliners are great, aren't they? I use those with my Shu Uemera lashes and it makes such a difference. I like the shadow liner but I sometimes think eye make up generally 'slides' on me unless I have a really good base, so it's quite possible I'm the only one it doesn't last on.

With the Smashbox push brush (#9 and #28) I find I can only get a chunky line. The #8 just doesn't work for me at all. (I'm cack handed!)

If I want a fine precise line I use my Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush.

I haven't used the Smashbox angled brush though. Nina made that look very easy.

Yes - the BB gel eyeliners are great, aren't they? I use those with my Shu Uemera lashes and it makes such a difference. I like the shadow liner but I sometimes think eye make up generally 'slides' on me unless I have a really good base, so it's quite possible I'm the only one it doesn't last on.

Shu Uemera ...am I mising out here I've notheard of this brand had a quick lok in internet where do you get them from in uk and which type do you use as I'm a falsey girl too:mysmilie_697:

Shu Uemera ...am I mising out here I've notheard of this brand had a quick lok in internet where do you get them from in uk and which type do you use as I'm a falsey girl too:mysmilie_697:

SpaceNK,Libertys of London or Shu's own store in London.

They had a 20% sale before christmas as I bought eyeshadows from the shop by mail order.

The only site in english is the US one, so google shu uemura and it will come up.

I only wear mine for going out, and I don't wear a full lash because I'm working up to it! I waited until I was down in Edinburgh where they have a Shu Uemura in Harvey Nics because they teach you how to apply them properly? They have great sales assistants. I've attached the link for the ones I use regularly (you can apply all sections or just a couple) and I also have some coloured ones for when I want something different. I feel like Bambi when I've got them on - they're fab!

http://www.spacenk.co.uk/product/sh...0002441+false+eyelashes+partial+soft+cross.do

thank you so much just off to check them out....hopefully harvey nics Leeds may supply them as well:mysmilie_12:

With the Smashbox push brush (#9 and #28) I find I can only get a chunky line. The #8 just doesn't work for me at all. (I'm cack handed!)

If I want a fine precise line I use my Bobbi Brown Ultra Fine Eyeliner brush.

I haven't used the Smashbox angled brush though. Nina made that look very easy.

I use the Smashbox angled brush for most of my normal eyeliner - even the Bobbi Brown ones. I find it much easier - a nice fine, but firm, brush that is easier to control.

I use the Smashbox angled brush for most of my normal eyeliner - even the Bobbi Brown ones. I find it much easier - a nice fine, but firm, brush that is easier to control.

:mysmilie_348::mysmilie_687:Cheers for the recommendation honeybun - I'm going to look out for one.

I like the shadow liner but I sometimes think eye make up generally 'slides' on me unless I have a really good base, so it's quite possible I'm the only one it doesn't last on.

They don't last on me either I have a beautiful one in Peacock but, it just doesn't last so never use it, I hate having to keep checking my liners in place :mysmilie_81:

They don't last on me either I have a beautiful one in Peacock but, it just doesn't last so never use it, I hate having to keep checking my liners in place :mysmilie_81:

Nina did say that all creamy products - eyeshadow, eyeliner etc needed to be applied over powder. I, just by default, always use my Bobbi Brown bone eyeshadow to even out freckles on my eyelids before I put anything else on - including my shadow liner. I'm wondering, if you don't already do this, it might be worth considering trying?

Latest posts

Back