Sets I remember. I said sets!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Almerinda

Registered Shopper
I was watching a fashion (?) hour lately and go to remembering the different fashion sets that QVC has had over the years.

Does anyone remember that there used to be a set with brick walls and a "window" to the left. It was back in the days when the presenter sat at a table and physically measured the garments with a tape measure.

Then there were the French windows. The models came through them as if they were walking in from the garden. There was fireplace to the left and the presenters were to the right.

There was also the Manor house set (much more recent) where the models came down a set of stairs and into an entrance hall with a fireplace and another sitting room style (replaced by the current catawalk I think) with a couple of windows and a sofa.

There was also a period when they held the fashion shows on a large landing at QVC. You could see trains passing by now and then. They also used to fashion in the garden area. Too windy most of the time I think!

Can anyone remember any others.

If I remember correctly it was Steve Whatley who used to present the Fashion Show at 5 p.m. before Julia took over.

I remember the pretend posh house, that was funny, I do notice set design, got the cook's essentials on as I type this and not sure what all the iron work on the walls is about!

I forgot that they used to measure on the table until you said that, remember Julia doing it on her Friday fashion show. I liked the stairways as well.

When I saw your title I thought you were asking for more twinsets or those nylon top and trouser sets from Kim and Co that look like pyjamas from Brentford Nylons. :mysmilie_701::mysmilie_701:

Linda

When I saw your title I thought you were asking for more twinsets or those nylon top and trouser sets from Kim and Co that look like pyjamas from Brentford Nylons. :mysmilie_701::mysmilie_701:

Linda

Understandable!!!!
I do own some Kim and Co. No top and trousers sets though! Ghastly as a rule!

They had a set for a winter fashion day one year which was all white with twigs (also sprayed white I think). It was a dreadful set design; I tried adjusting the brightness on my telly but it still flared and I risked snow-blindness...and that even before the latest Michele Hope (or whatever) came on. :mysmilie_81:

Jude xx

They had a set for a winter fashion day one year which was all white with twigs (also sprayed white I think). It was a dreadful set design; I tried adjusting the brightness on my telly but it still flared and I risked snow-blindness...and that even before the latest Michele Hope (or whatever) came on. :mysmilie_81:

Jude xx

Then there were the umbrellas. Julia Roberts made no bones about her opinion of that set!!!!

Latest posts

Back