LE C&P - the reason for the removel of almond milk

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

VALM

Registered Shopper
Hi folks, I can't remember upon which thread we were discussing the change of formula of C&P however I know one forumite suggested that an email be sent to LE. Well, I sent one and attach below my message and the response I've had today. I do beg to differ with them though - the effectiveness of it has changed and I know other members were of this opinion too.

"Dear Liz (and team),

I have been a devotee of C&P for about 4 years now however have noted recently that I'm not getting the same results that I used to. I've noted that Almond Milk is no longer an ingredient and it must be this new formulation that is causing the change in the effectiveness of this product. I'd be grateful if you could let me know whether there is any intention to go back to the original formula as unfortunately I think I will have to look for a new cleanser otherwise.

Many thanks"

LE's reply:-

Many thanks for your recent email.

We have recently removed the sweet almond extract from Cleanse and Polish to make the product more suitable for nut allergy sufferers, but this small modification would not affect the performance of Cleanse and Polish, which we carefully tested to ensure it meets our high quality standards and still provides the same cleansing experience. We have no plans to reformulate the product to include sweet almond extract again; however, please be assured that should you ever purchase a product directly from Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare that is not entirely suitable, for any reason, we will gladly have it back for a full refund or an exchange.

Quality and service are at the heart of everything we do, so please contact us again if we can be of any further assistance to you.

Oh that's a shame,this is my favourite cleanser,I haven't had to purchase a new one in a while,currently on the last one of my stash,so I hope the efficacy has not changed too much because of this missing ingredient.

Interesting. I have recently become a devotee of L'Occitane but was concerned about the sweet almond extract in a lot of their products due to my son's nut allergy. I enquired in one of their shops and was informed that the sweet almond is denatured and therefore safe for my son. We've noticed no ill effect and actually find their products suit his eczema too. It seems that there is an alternative out there for LE if the C&P is not as effective without the almond.

That's very interesting ValM because I've been finding that my C&P isn't as good at removing my eye mascara as it used to be. I seem to be using more, sometimes needing a 2nd application, and rubbing harder with the cloth to get it off and sometimes there are smudges still present the next morning which never happened with a slightly oilier texture to the C&P. I definitely preferred the old formula no matter what LE's testing told them. Please Liz if you read this could you use the nut allergy safe version of Almond Oil? I loved C&P because it took everything off easily. If I need to buy a separate eye make up remover then it loses its attraction to me.

I like c+p but lately my cheeks looks quite sore and red.I thought maybe it was the cloth that was irritating my skin.I wouldn't mind changing to another brand but like something that /i can put on my face but wash off - i like the feeling of washing/water.

I don't think it's as good as it was.

Sad to say but I'm looking for an alternative.

I too have found C&P less effective. I used to love using it, and when I looked in the mirror after cleansing, my face glowed. Now, the texture seems more greasy and heavy to me, and I have had a couple of really big spots on my face, which I am sure linked to C&P. I have never had any spots previously. I now feel reluctant to use it. AM currently on a 200ml tube, and have 2 more stashed away, but don't really want to use them.

I too will look for a new cleanser, but like using the muslin cloth. Any suggestions for what works well with a muslin cloth? I have quite dry skin.

I used LE for a while but her face mask caused a terrible reaction on my skin, it stung and went very red, then flaked off just like a burn. I went back to Clinique and have the usual reliable results I have always had with them for many years. I am sure that Clinique will not suit everybody and of course QVC want us to keep buying their stocked brands! I still have some LE muslin cloths and they work very well with the foaming cleanser from Clinique.

Hope this helps,

Inge x

Could anyone tell me when the changeover happened? I still have 5 lots of c&p in the cupboard (one of hem 200 ML) and am wondering wheher any or all are the new formulation.I do hate it when companies change things like this,I am just hoping it will still suit me as I don't have particularly dry skin. Did they say what they replaced it with?

Last edited:
I too will look for a new cleanser, but like using the muslin cloth. Any suggestions for what works well with a muslin cloth? I have quite dry skin.

St Ives Radiance cream cleanser Apricot cream wash in Moisture Rich was featured in an article some time last summer where they compared it to LE and it was preferred.It was coincidentally on offer at Tesco and I bought a couple of tubes for me plus the combination skin one for my daughter. It is really lovely and works very well with the muslin cloth,even tho Liz reckons the cloths ONLY work with C&P! ;)

Thanks for this, SuziQ. I will give it a go.

What really annoys me about LE is that she says things like the formula for C&P is so miraculous, Britain's best kept beauty secret, blah! blah! blah! and that it HAS NEVER BEEN CHANGED!!!

Why change a perfectly good product?

Ooh! I'm so annoyed. And after I went on and on about it, and converted about 6 people into using it.

While we are on this topic, I have learned so much from you lovely forumites since I have discovered you, so big kiss. Muaaah! :mysmilie_12:

I know we're talking about cleansers here but can I just add. I've recently started using a great moisturiser, it leaves my skin feeling gorgeous and at less than £3 for a 250ml pot I'm very happy. I'll let you in on my secret......it's Johnson's Baby Bedtime cream. It's lovely and contains relaxing oils to help you (well your baby actually) sleep:mysmilie_696:

I've got fairly sensitive skin on my face and it doesn't irritate at all:mysmilie_82:

I've been using Johnson's since the 1960's when there was only the oil and lotion. Their night cream is the best I have ever used and is very cheap.

I used Johnsons baby lotion as a makeup and eye makeup remover for years and years and never had a problem with it. I'm now a CP convert and have a stash of the stuff so I'm a bit worried about the concerns of its effectiveness! I shall have to use it all up anyway.

Why oh why fix things when they ain't broke!!!!

I have used cleanse and polish constantly for eight years or so and have not noticed any change whatsoever. It is just as effective and pleasurable to use as it always was. If someone here hadn't said that the almond milk had been removed I would never have known. I am currently using a Gayle Haymen gel make-up remover (part of the pre-christmas TSV) for the simple reason that I am trying to use up my stock-pile of stuff BUT I am not that keen on it AND there are 200 mls of the bliddy stuff to get through! It works fine but I am aware of my skin (if you know what I mean!) after using it. It just feels tighter and a tiny bit itchy.
I may not be able to resist for very much longer!

I was an avid LE user for 2 years or so, then last January I noticed my skin was getting worse - i had lots of comedones (think that's what they are called) and spots. I switched to Dermologica after a salon facial, and find it really suits my skin type, and my skin is much improved. I ran out of my cleanser just before Xmas, so dug out a C&P to tide me over until I could get a new one... and my skin flared up badly. I don't know if this is because the formula was changed, or if it was a coincidence, but either way I will not be using C&P again :(

I have used the muslin cloths with lots of brands of cleansers with no problems.

i have to say ive used c&p and most of the liz earle range for a good 10 years and i havent noticed any difference to my skin what so ever with c&p since the change, and my skin is very bad with change!I always buy the 200ml tube and i havent even noticed a difference in texture.

I had already switched over to the A'kin Rose & Geranium cleanser as CnP was getting too expensive but my husband bought me the 200ml limited edition for my birthday in Nov. Without knowing anything about the reforumation I asked on here if anyone had noticed that it wasn't as effective as it used to be. It definitely didn't remove all my makeup as before and didn't take off all my mascara either. Shame as I liked going back to CnP now and again for a change but I think this is where A'kin will come into it's own. It's £12 for 225ml (a huge bottle!) which lasts me three months or more and it takes off everything, even eye makeup and smells gorgeous. I'm using up my CnP as a morning cleanser as it's fine to clean my face but not to cleanse it. Once it's gone though I won't be repurchasing.

Tx

Latest posts

Back