Prescriptives in clearance.....RIP

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I decided to try the Flawless Face Primer seeing as my SB is running low. I thought for £9.50 it was worth a shot, I can always return it.

Bought 2 x Super Flight Cream to use as a mask (not bad for £12.50 each)
Duo of Comfort day and night creams for £17.50

New Years resolution out the window!!!

Yes, some people thought perhaps QVC would keep Prescriptives on. But I doubted Estee Lauder would do it. As I said ages ago I was told by the counter manager there is a warehouse full of Prescriptives stock in the USA. Some new stuff which has never even been released, like the spring 2010 collection.

Calyx is going to be reformulated and looks like Clinique will take it.

The serum Lineless it seems is alway out in the US in the Estee Lauder name with a different name and bottle of course.

I stocked up at my local House of Fraser as everything was 50% off since Boxing Day.

Oh the Primer is excellent, I use it now instead of Smashbox and stocked up on two tubes in the sale. Plus the eyecream and deluxe lip pencils.

A vote for their mascaras - I haven't tried the motorised one but I've always had good results with prescriptives mascaras, well worth picking up if you need one.

Also like the Vibrant-C moisturiser is nice too.

Jude x

According to the Px US website you will still be able to buy stock (online) as long as they have it (but that'll be US buyers only of course). Also if you have your 'recipe' for your foundation, lipgloss etc they will continue to sell it to you. It also says that the Calyx will be sold at high end perfume counters. It's all a bit weird coz it's like they're winding down but not really!!

Wonder what's going to happen to all that lovely Spring stock? If it does get released I bet it'll be US only and won't make it's way over here...:mysmilie_81:

Ooh, looking forward to trying the primer now, bet I love it and it'll be sold out when i go to get more!!

Tx

I always worry that I'm going to love a discontinued product and in the past I've made the expensive mistake of buying multiples only to find it didn't suit me. I can guarantee now that if I only order 1 it'll turn out to be the holy grail of products!

I suppose you could order a single item to try and place a multiple order of the same on cheque-hold just in case :mysmilie_81: Even as I type this I can see the manifestation of addiction in my reasoning...Heaven help me!

Jude xx

BUMMER......just found this & all what i would buy is on wait list...going on what people have said about beauty items being sent back out to others then i think i shall pass on this one

There's another Px hour on Saturday ( I think it's 1pm) so maybe the other stock AY is referring to will be on then?

I have to say I felt really sorry for Christine in yesterday's hour, she looked really bummed and it must be hard to bother and be enthusiastic about a brand that's potentially letting her go. = (

Tx

Estee Lauder are giving all the staff a redunancy package, also fitting them into other brands they own. Some will lose jobs but most will still be employed by EL.

The guy I know, did not want to continuing to work in Belfast but is moving to Bristol and has a job with EL lined up.

There's another Px hour on Saturday ( I think it's 1pm) so maybe the other stock AY is referring to will be on then?

I have to say I felt really sorry for Christine in yesterday's hour, she looked really bummed and it must be hard to bother and be enthusiastic about a brand that's potentially letting her go. = (

Tx

:mysmilie_348: RedT: checked with the TV guide and there is no mention of Prescriptives being on on Saturday. On the other hand, it was not listed yesterday when I looked in last night.

Does anyone else know if Px is scheduled to be on, and at what time?:mysmilie_687:

Yeah, yesterday's hour wasn't on the listings when I looked first time, I only found it by accident at the weekend. When I scrolled through the Sky listings for the week it had an hour, I'm sure it was saturday but I can check :mysmilie_696:

Tx

Latest posts

Back