getting not to be gems tv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tequila

Guest Shopper
turned the tv on to GEMS the other day just as they were coming to the end of an auction selling a GOLD PLATED brooch, set with FAUX PEARLS and CRYSTALS need i say any more:mysmilie_11:

I must admit, I felt really sorry for Fi this morning, in the Miss it, Miss out clearance. The only thing I actually saw sell out was a 14k gold plated crystal necklace and earring set. Lots of the other things either didn't sell at all, or only sold 1 or 2.

I cant believe how bad gems has become, i hardly ever watch now which is a shame i used to watch whenever i had control of the remote, i wonder how long they can carry on like this for before someone realises what a shambles theyve become

I feel bad for the presenters, especially the more established ones. You can imagine their original interview ie. you will be selling real gemstones, no man made or crystals. Now they are peddling an awful lot of fake and plated stuff, not to mention the Lily Allen collection - yuck!

What is it with gemstv and their music - they keep changing it, constantly, its either LOUD and brash - or a heart beat (not from hearbeat though) but like thumping heart beat, and sometimes they change it to music that i wouldnt, quite frankly play in a lift, or in a little chef! they keep messing about with the format - and its not the same anymore - having to look at what they are going to sell us at the top of the hour, it ruins the "surprise"!, and standing up presenting - wots that all about??? and PLEASE, PLEASE someone put me out of my nosey misery - but what has happened to LIZ - (not Liv) but Liz, she joined the same time as Rae? I havent seen her since, about Ocober 2009 - she has completely vanished off the face of the earth.

And is it me - or do some of the longtime presenters come over as sounding flat and cheesed off?

i have watched a few times, when the adina has said "these will sell like hotcakes!!" and no one has actually bought them, and the time has ran out, before they have even sold out! They are loosing stalwart (if thats how is spelt) customers - i know i am getting less enthusiastic about the jewellery - and i do sympathise with the presenters - must be like flogging a dead horse somedays - especially with the amount of sales, and clearance sales that they have been having since last autumn - i am surprised they have anything left to put in a sale/clearance of new year or otherwise! lol

I agree - they used to sneer at other channels for selling faux jewelllery, saying that they only sold "real gems" - and now they are selling fake stuff too - how hypocritical can you get?! I'm sure I'm not the only person to admit to hardly watching the channel these days after being a loyal viewer for several years....shame really.....

turned the tv on to GEMS the other day just as they were coming to the end of an auction selling a GOLD PLATED brooch, set with FAUX PEARLS and CRYSTALS need i say any more:mysmilie_11:

i've noticed they are seller "costume" stuff now too, so is rockstv selling the plated stuff. maybe they should change their names!

i've noticed they are seller "costume" stuff now too, so is rockstv selling the plated stuff. maybe they should change their names!

RocksTV only plate sterling silver, whereas the costume stuff that Gems has been selling is plated base metal - tres tat! :mysmilie_701: xxx

all gold plated is tat in my opinion

My Gucci watch cost me £475 and it's gold plated! I don't think anyone could call that "tat"! It wasn't bought from any TV channel of course. I wear it nearly every day and have done for about 6 years and there isn't a mark on it. The gold plate is completely intact and I doubt very much if you could tell it isn't solid gold.

There is the obvious thought that gold plated pieces will turn your skin green, which yes some of the lesser micron stuff can, but not sure it is made clear enough on TV, what standard of gold plating has been used.

My Gucci watch cost me £475 and it's gold plated! I don't think anyone could call that "tat"! It wasn't bought from any TV channel of course. I wear it nearly every day and have done for about 6 years and there isn't a mark on it. The gold plate is completely intact and I doubt very much if you could tell it isn't solid gold.

different case entirely i think klos, gucci is going to be a quality far higher than any shopping channel. also, i don't mind watches gold plated, just jewellery. no offence meant :)

Latest posts

Back