Words

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Swankypants

Registered Shopper
Dear Ideal World

This is not a gripe, just an observation.

I could not talk about one item for an hour, convincing the general public to buy [insert product] - the presenters have my admiration for that, but please could you stop Dennice from saying "incredible" every 10 seconds [I counted 7 in the first 10 minutes with the soup maker last night] and every other presenter, the word 'literally'.

Too much and the effect is incredible, it acts like a dripping tap, literally.

Also, please don't act like the instruction manual on electrical items are bonuses.

:mysmilie_687::mysmilie_697:

Swank E Pants
PS I still watch you endlessly because you're the more down to earth channel.

Dear Ideal World

This is not a gripe, just an observation.

I could not talk about one item for an hour, convincing the general public to buy [insert product] - the presenters have my admiration for that, but please could you stop Dennice from saying "incredible" every 10 seconds [I counted 7 in the first 10 minutes with the soup maker last night] and every other presenter, the word 'literally'.

Too much and the effect is incredible, it acts like a dripping tap, literally.

Also, please don't act like the instruction manual on electrical items are bonuses.

:mysmilie_687::mysmilie_697:

Swank E Pants
PS I still watch you endlessly because you're the more down to earth channel.

Yes, that last bit really does my 'ead in!!!!!! buy this food processor and get a free cookery book and extra jug. Lets face it half of these blinking things come with that anyway, they just want to make it sound like you're getting more than you would if you bought the product elsewhere, so funny and so untrue. What the fun of having a soup maker anyway, Soup's a flaming doddle to make anyway, and with a good old fashioned saucepan, you can stir, taste, add seasoning as you go...and you actually feel like you've achieved something..especially as it's one thing you can make from scratch for "literally" pennies, kinda defeats the purpose if you're spending a couple of hundred quid to make something as mundane as soup! Lest we forget this wonderful machine can make smoothies too, yup but so can a few bits n' bobs, a large beaker and a cheapo handblender!

It makes me laugh the amount of "super-machines" they try to flog saying you can throw away this, throw away that, but you'll always find some shortfall in these claims. Imvho all you need is a handblender that comes with extras like a grinder, handheld foodmixer (£4.99 Argos) if you like to make cakes and meringues, and a few decent kitchen knives...and what's more..these items are small and take up very little room. The shopping channels have this "Ideal" that you have this business like machine permanently on your countertop, and that in the morning you just bung in a few items of fruit that's on the turn, then bung in some similarly rotted vegetation and produce the most wonderful soup..forget about having to clean the blinking thing up, and dusting it, oh and gathering all the crumbs that collect underneath it. No, I'd rather rinse my handblender under the tap, throw the knives in with the washing up and be done with it!

I have a perfectly good stick blender, food processor, and a hand mixer. The combined price of which doesn't come to a third of one of those Beemax (sp?:mysmilie_34:)

Latest posts

Back