Beauty Bash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

egg

Registered Shopper
It's beauty bash time! Has anyone attended today or plan to attend tomorrow? Can't wait to see everyone's reviews!

It's beauty bash time! Has anyone attended today or plan to attend tomorrow? Can't wait to see everyone's reviews!

Just back. Had a great day. Much better than 2 yrs ago when I last attended.
Arrived to find Ali Y and Fiona(decleor) discussing which of the QVC models had had work done!! Ali Y was on good form and looked great.
Debbie Greenwood was hosting - she has a wicked sense of humour.
Lulu came in mid way through the afternoon to do a q and a session. She is tiny and looks soooo young.
Got a bag with l'occitane shampoo/conditioners and philip kingsley sachet of hair treatment. (they weren't there) smashbox lipgloss.Mug and qvc teddy.

Who was there

Liz Earle - mean with freebie - minute superskin concentrate or ?c and p

A'kin - few trial sizes + 3 full size shower gels/1/2 size rose hip oil and thecellular radiance oil.
Also gave me full size emergency gel

Decleor - shower product

Gatineau - got a box full of minis + 30mls defilift

Elemis were doing the photos of face to show lines/sun damage etc. Please to say some of the skin care effort is paying off! also doing massage.
Keeley was there - her baby is gorgeous - just from pics.
Goody bag of sos cream/new gel mask/moisuriser and lots of the mini tubes of gel mask /pcmc

Sarah Chapman
Lovely lady - doing one to one consults - gave me 2 of the 15ml cleanser/moisturiser to try.Also said to phone her if had any probs. She has great skin.

Philosophy.
Spoke to Lou - one of Lee Bradleys friends - she is in regular contact with him so I told her we all missed him on the tv. He is blissfully happy living in Sydney and presenting on an Oz tv shopping channel.
Goody bag with new product - also shower trials of new fragrence/1/2 size the present and hope in a jar.

La Coupe
Jill Goldsmith of Molton Brown now works with the guy who is on qvc.
Were giving small trial shampoo conditioner - but they were really kind and gave me full size ones specifically for curly hair - and I also had a leave in treatment put on whcih needs to come off in the morning.

Bobby Brown - no freebies.

Bare Minerals -
really generous - mineral veil /foundation and mini kabuki/ and other foundation brush /2 eye colours/lip plumper

Prai
Lovely lady.Full size oceanic firming concentrate

Leighton Denny
There in person - chatting away.
Had nails done there.
Freebie - 4 mini polishes

OPI
small avoplex. 1 colour of choice.

Nails inc
Hand cream and top coat.

SBC
the set on 5 minis in pouch -
also collagen face masksx2

Origins were there - didn't see them

Arran Aromatics. Wow beautiful smelling products.Lovely friendly staff Generous bag with shampoo/s gel/soap/lip balm

Shavata was there -

Ultrasun - freebie of factor 30 facex2

Judith Chapman - don't know.

Lulu timebomb - freebie of cleanser and small pots of both moisturisers. Really like the glory days moisturiser. Leave the skin really great for foundation to go straight on.

I might have missed some out - all I know is that our bags were evry heavy to carry back to the station. I also was lucky enough to win a raffle prize of a big bag full of Liz earle - mixture of body and face stuff - > £50 worth.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day. Had a nice lunch with the friend I took who has never bought a thing from QVC. She was astounded by the generosity of the retailers.
We now need a girls night in to play with it all!

Last edited:
How do you get an invite to one of these? I'm feeling a bit of a Billy-no-mates :mysmilie_34:.

Sounds as though you had a fantastic day,Sue & what a brilliant haul you got.
Shame Liz Earle was so stingy but good you won the raffle.
Well done xx

Thanks for posting that Sued. Wish I'd been there. I chuckled at the LE "mean with freebie". It reminded me of one night a qvc customer called in. She had spent a fortune that day on LE products and was saying about everything else she has bought, can't live without etc. She said she collected the bags but had lost one she had had for years. I thought LE might have said to stay on the line and she would see what she could do for her. No chance. Just her sympathy smile. I have bought from her site direct and was a bit annoyed when I read on here about all the freebies she throws in - I have never had one!!! Anyway your post was very interesting. Thanks for taking the time.

Thanks for posting that Sued. Wish I'd been there. I chuckled at the LE "mean with freebie". It reminded me of one night a qvc customer called in. She had spent a fortune that day on LE products and was saying about everything else she has bought, can't live without etc. She said she collected the bags but had lost one she had had for years. I thought LE might have said to stay on the line and she would see what she could do for her. No chance. Just her sympathy smile. I have bought from her site direct and was a bit annoyed when I read on here about all the freebies she throws in - I have never had one!!! Anyway your post was very interesting. Thanks for taking the time.

I know exactly what you mean about the sympathy smile!!! LOL! I have ordered a couple of times direct from LE, and had heard they were quite good with samples, so mentioned on the order (online) that I wanted to try the intensive nourishing treatment, and did get sent a little travel size, so it is worth requesting. But didn't get anything else gratis, even though I placed an order of nearly £200, as had gone a bit crazy, and was getting Mum and sisters into it.

Since then, have kind of gone off her products, especially since the formula for C&P was changed.

The Beauty Bash sounds fab! Wow - Lucky Sued. Have fun with all those gorgeous products! :mysmilie_696:

Oh sounds fabby! I am glad that Sarah Chapman was there I LOVE that range and she doesnt get enough airtime IMVHO!

I know that her range is a small one but her facials are legendary and I would love to see her have a dedicated hour mainly for demos

She was there herself with a small table in the corner - she was just lovely - really taking the time to talk about any skin issues.
She then gave you things to try - but the 15mls - out of a basket on the table. My friend with me - who has a pore problem - said Sarah scrabbled about in boxes under the table for ages looking for the correct thing for her because she couldn't find it. Most impressed with her.

The other really nice ladies/men were Lou from Philosophy who works backstage when Robin is on ( and previously Lee). She says they are working on purity facial wipes - could be good /the Glaswegian lady from Arran arromatics/Prai lady/chap from Le Coupe/and Leighton of course.

TBH everyone was lovely - there were noone snooty there this time , evreyone seemd very down to earth and enjoying themselves.

No. There was a l'occitane bag in the big QVC bag given at the start - with 4 of the 75mls - mostly shampoo/cond and shower gel.
I was very suprised that they weren't there. Someone heard them say that QVC had too many brands clamouring for a place at the event and couldn't fit them all in.
Mind you, elemis had about 4x as much space as anyone else so I'm sure they could have squeezed her in.
I have a feeling that the brands actually pay to be there.

J

Philosophy.
Spoke to Lou - one of Lee Bradleys friends - she is in regular contact with him so I told her we all missed him on the tv. He is blissfully happy living in Sydney and presenting on an Oz tv shopping channel.
Goody bag with new product - also shower trials of new fragrence/1/2 size the present and hope in a jar.

Can this PLEASE put paid to the conspiracy theory re Lee's departure from Philosophy?QVC? Please?

I am so jealous of Sued!!!
Still I am pleased that they day went down well and what a lot of goodies!!!

I do wish that I woud get invited at some time. Not gonna happen!!!

Thanks for your brilliant review Sue, glad you had such a great time and managed to get such a good haul of freebies :mysmilie_82: I hope I get to one of these one day (or win the lottery - either would be good :mysmilie_61:)

Wouldn't it be great if, by some weird act of fate, we all got an invite to the next beauty bash!!!! It would be even better if we could all afford to get there too. How cool woudl that be??

Wouldn't it be great if, by some weird act of fate, we all got an invite to the next beauty bash!!!! It would be even better if we could all afford to get there too. How cool woudl that be??

Now that would be awesome, Almerinda!

I would imagine that we are among QVC's most engaged customers - seeing as we post comments on a shopping telly forum dedicated to QVC. It would be nice for them to reward us for all the valuable insight they gain from this place. (They get slated on here sometimes, I know, but surely it's better to understand where you're going wrong in order to improve.)

Maybe they could see their way to sending Graham some tickets for next year, for a lottery/comp we could enter? At least it would be one more chance to get there.

We can but dream.

PS Congrats to sued on all that beauty booty.

From the sound of the haul Sue got, if any of the Norn Iron ladies went we would have to check in baggage to accommodate everything!!!!

Brilliant post - sounds great.

Latest posts

Back