Caroline the new craft presenter??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
Hi I was just wondering what you thought to Caroline on yesterday's craft show. I was told she is replacing Leonie, I really enjoyed the 2 hours, she is very calm and had some different ideas. I liked her voice, very easy on your ears.:mysmilie_82:

Excellent addition to Dawn's team. Easy on the ears, knowledgeable and I did pick up a few tips from her. Like her a lot.

C'mon Dawn - no excuse now to keep inflicting Amy on us.

P x

I didn't see the show, but lets be honest, anyone is going to be an improvement on Leonie.
I couldn't stand the way she used to say 'lickle' instead of 'little'!! She isn't under 10 years old. (Is it true she's gone to IW)?
It was as bad as the sound of scraping your nails down a blackboard.

Sorry if I have offended anyone, it's just one of my pet hates.

I liked Caroline! I didn't realise she was going to be a permanent fixture but I don't mind at all. She seemed very calm and unhurried yet enthusiastic. I'm not keen on Amy, she has the same weird intonation as Dawn who also says 'lickel' a lot of the time but no-one seems to remark on it when she does......

I'm not keen on Amy either she will keep on saying every kit is "phenomenal". I thought Caroline had some fresh ideas and explained things very clearly. Hopefully she will be on as regularly as Leonie was, maybe she will also replace Amy, fingers crossed.

RICKY S said:
I didn't see the show, but lets be honest, anyone is going to be an improvement on Leonie.
I couldn't stand the way she used to say 'lickle' instead of 'little'!! She isn't under 10 years old. (Is it true she's gone to IW)?

She's been on create and craft for a while now and is an excellent presenter her lickle is a regional thing so yes you have probably offended several Lancastrians
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree! :mysmilie_11:

I liked CAroline, calm and easy to listen to. She just needs to watch the camera angles a little when doing a demo as sometimes I couldnt see what she was doing.

Loved it when she said that craft products were 'expensive' and Chuntly nearly died and spent the next 10mins talking about the 'value' of QVC, she must have said it about 12 times in five minutes!! Value value value!! :mysmilie_697:

She's been on create and craft for a while now and is an excellent presenter her lickle is a regional thing so yes you have probably offended several Lancastrians

i live in manchester and ive never heard "lickle" used in the local dialect up here.

if amy is the one i think she is, then she seems to have a fixation on replacing "t" with "d"

"liddle" (little)
"id is" (it is)
etc
listen and you will see.

what the hell is wrong with dawn bibby's freakozoid family and why cant they talk properley?????

i live in manchester and ive never heard "lickle" used in the local dialect up here.

if amy is the one i think she is, then she seems to have a fixation on replacing "t" with "d"

"liddle" (little)
"id is" (it is)
etc
listen and you will see.

what the hell is wrong with dawn bibby's freakozoid family and why cant they talk properley?????

i should qualify that with "apart from people who are a bit simple"

i should qualify that with "apart from people who are a bit simple"

I'm from Salford, Burlz, and it was very common (in both senses of the word) when I was young. I was forbidden from saying it at home so confined it to the school yard. I remember thinking how childish it sounded when men used it. My Uncle Gordon was from Pendle and all the family from that way said it.

I thought Caroline was great-and yes, let's hope it means that we get a break from Amy.That was the biggest case of nepotism I have ever seen!

I live about 20 minutes away from Dawn's shop and I don't say "lickle" so I'm an un-offended Lancastrian! I do agree Leonie is a great presenter.

Thought she was boring. Mostly watch create and craft now because it saves me money [can't deal with their customer service or high p&p sodon't buy] but pinch more ideas so just sit and watch as the demos are longer and better guests too!

Being about 45 mins south of Dawns shop I must be just out of the ickle catchment area :mysmilie_697:

Caroline is back on again today according to Dawn's blog she had a message from South Africa last Sunday that JJ's step father had died from throat cancer.
So Thursday they flew back to South Africa to be with JJ's family and attend the funeral.

:mysmilie_73: Her voice is bugging me now not in a bad way but does she do a voice over or does she sound just like someone else.
:mysmilie_73: Could it be a channel 4 programe ???????:mysmilie_81:

I liked Caroline's presentation very much - she was calm, informative & conveyed the impression that she was enjoying what she was doing - unlike Dawn who always seems tired, or hurried or to be honest, a bit bored.

Latest posts

Back