Fuji S 1600 TSV 23/1/2010

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cathtv

Registered Shopper
I have been looking to upgrade to a DSLR. But now thinking it might be too advanced and also the cost !
Dos anyone have any views on the Fuji bridge camera which is todays TSV ?
Thanks x.

I have this camera it's a poor effort from Fuji indoor shoots are particularly poor,go for a DSLR and forget this.

:mysmilie_348: Snoopy, do you have the S1600 or the S1500?
I tried the S1500 when it was a TSV almost a year ago. Had problems with it and returned it and the replacement that had the same problem. Bought a Panasonic FZ28 in the end, love it! Cathtv, IMO a bridge camera is great because you can put it on auto and just point and shoot or you can set it to scenes or manual to get creative. I am not a professional photographer or even a very good one and it was easy to figure out.
Don't know why, but I looked at various sites, including Fuji Global, and could not find this model listed anywhere. They say it is new, but surely Fuji's own site would mention it, if only to promo a new model. Review sites do seem to say the S1500 is pretty good for the average person, but not in my experience. HTH.
PS you can pick up an S1500 for about £120, without extras, in many places.

Last edited:
My appologies yes mine is the 1500 it was a birthday present so i couldn't return it.

I have been looking to upgrade to a DSLR. But now thinking it might be too advanced and also the cost !
Dos anyone have any views on the Fuji bridge camera which is todays TSV ?
Thanks x.

I tried a Fuji TSv last year as well it got sent back as I also thought the performance indoors was poor, it has put me right off Fuji !

I've sent for it purely on the 30 day mbg! If dont like it, will return it, which is more than you can do on the High Street. I like the idea of the viewfinder as well, as not too good with the screens. Has quite a few features, including smile detection etc.

We'll see ...... As I said, can always return it.

Pauline x

Latest posts

Back