Advice, please folks!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
I love rainbow sapphires, I recently bought an Iliana rainbow sapphire braclet with 25.5g 18k YG (yes, 25.5g!) and 10.17 ct 2.7mm rainbow sapphires from TJC for £680. The colour graduation and overall quality are excellent, and it is a true bargain in anybody's books.

My dilemma is that I am just not sure that I will wear this particular bracelet - it is beautiful, but I have others, and this one is rather plain for my tastes; and £680 is a lot of money. On the other hand, it is SUCH a bargain that it seems a shame to send it back - in fact I might even be able to sell it at a profit if I decided to.

What would you do...?

Oh MissM, £680 is a lot of money, but it sounds a great price considering the gold weight. I know how you love rainbow sapphires, so you might regret sending it back and if you could sell it for a profit later on, keeping it until then would give you time for further reflection.
I know Meesh always says that if it doesn't sing to you, it's often better to send it back and to never buy as an investment. Is it because of the gold weight that you think you might make a profit - you could always keep the moonstones and sell the gold!

Thats a tricky one it is a great price, as it is more simple can it not be more of an everyday worn bracelet?
I think you may have regrets later if you send it back, i have a huge jewellery box of pieces that have never been worn but i adore then and could have never returned them.

My first bit of advice is don't keep it in the expectation that you will sell it for a profit later on cos it just won't happen, and my second bit is don't send it back if you really want to keep it cos you will regret it. There you are MM....sorted!! :mysmilie_12:

:mysmilie_348: I would send it back, if you have better ones already, and you feel it is a little too plain then your not going to ever wear it yourself.

Plus if making a profit isn't a dead cert I wouldn't take the risk, especially as if you bought it for a good price there are going to be others sold on these channels for good prices too, I also feel these rainbow items are for a limited audience, not something everyone goes for, bit of a marmite item :mysmilie_697:

I love rainbow sapphires, I recently bought an Iliana rainbow sapphire braclet with 25.5g 18k YG (yes, 25.5g!) and 10.17 ct 2.7mm rainbow sapphires from TJC for £680. The colour graduation and overall quality are excellent, and it is a true bargain in anybody's books.

My dilemma is that I am just not sure that I will wear this particular bracelet - it is beautiful, but I have others, and this one is rather plain for my tastes; and £680 is a lot of money. On the other hand, it is SUCH a bargain that it seems a shame to send it back - in fact I might even be able to sell it at a profit if I decided to.

What would you do...?

My honest opinion --- I would not keep it. This is personal experience, if u return it u will miss it for few days but if u keep it and dont really wear it its on ur mind forever.
Pls dont buy anything that u dont wear it enuf.
I bought lots of things bec its bargain and never wear them.
If its me I will return it

Thanks for that. I'm veering in the direction of returning it at the mo. Unless anyone wants to make me a better offer of course...

If you already own other RS bracelets perhaps a refund maybe your best option then you can built your moonstone collection.

£680 is a lot of money on something that you probably won't wear ... at least you have 30 days to decide, which is nice.

Hi, my advice would be to send it back.

If you have any doubts and may not wear the bracelet. it's not for you this time.

Sapphireblue

when ever i buy something if i dont have the reaction of "THATS NICE OR WOW" then it goes back because i know from my experiance when i first started to buy from any of the jewellery channels that it will just sit there in the box andthen i have the money back to get something that does have that reaction:mysmilie_374:

Latest posts

Back