Anne Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Suki 1

Registered Shopper
Did anyone else watch Anne Dawson on Saturday morning? She was going on and on about her 2 holidays this year, one with her children at Easter, and the Cruise in August celebrating her Birthday and her Wedding Anniversary, goodness knows how many times she mentioned it, I had to turn the TV off in the end:mysmilie_81:

Did anyone else watch Anne Dawson on Saturday morning? She was going on and on about her 2 holidays this year, one with her children at Easter, and the Cruise in August celebrating her Birthday and her Wedding Anniversary, goodness knows how many times she mentioned it, I had to turn the TV off in the end:mysmilie_81:

Saturday morning and again yesterday afternoon. I don't mind a bit of personal detail but that was too much. Some people can't afford one holiday let alone several.

I remember a show on New Year's Day 2009, she was doing a jewellery sale show. I was in a friend's and we watched. The jewellery appeared on the screen and the item number, but Ann ignored this and kept talking about family in Italy and holidays and New Year Eve's parties at her house. This went on for the full hour and I think she might have talked about one item of jewellery in the whole hour.

I just can't watch her. Why on earth she thinks we are all sooo fascinated by her ramblings about her tedious life, family or glasses I have no idea. I wanted to see the KVZ outlet show but she was too unbearable. Ah well, at least it saves me money!!!!

I just wish she would use some of her money to get her teeth whitened...

This is one of the reasons why I can't watch any of her shows, she is my least favourite presenter.. Whether Anne means it or not, she so often goes on about her house in Italy, holidays, blah blah blah.. It does get really tedious & as others have said, they don't watch her shows, so surely that means less sales? Apart from what ive mentioned, I also don't like listening to her or watching her.. Qvc should pension her off & send her back to Italy.. Then her life could be one long holiday (as it already seems to be) & she wouldn't be ruining shows on qvc (shes not even very good at presenting)..
As you can see, im Anne's biggest fan :mysmilie_61:

A dagger more like ...

I just don't think shes good at her job LoopyLoo & talks more about herself than the products she is meant to be selling.. I know am being catty, so will have 2 saucers of milk instead... :mysmilie_61:

I find her very ramblings annoying, she's too scruffy for television and her voice is like nails on a blackboard to me. :mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_17: funny how we are all so different anne is my fave presenter and despite her 'ramblings' i am more likely to buy from her shows, same with kathy i think their success with me and others i am sure is because itslike having a friend over for coffee, i adore her and her voice and her appearance she just makes me feel comfortable :mysmilie_687:

:mysmilie_17: funny how we are all so different anne is my fave presenter and despite her 'ramblings' i am more likely to buy from her shows, same with kathy i think their success with me and others i am sure is because itslike having a friend over for coffee, i adore her and her voice and her appearance she just makes me feel comfortable :mysmilie_687:

Yeah, I tend to agree with you. I don't mind Ann at all. I love Scottish accents anyway, but there is something 'homely' about her. She's not a dolly bird, but always tries to make the best of herself :)

It nothing short of amazes me to read Anne's bio and see that she apparently ran a presteeeeeeeeeeeeegious restaurent and her own personal development company!! Personal development? really? The woman can bearly string a sentence together and I'm sorry but to me she comes across as a bit slow. She often seems to take a while to get with the programme and kind of sits there grinning inanely. And despite being married to a Scotsman and loving the accent, I can bear hers! I don't think she speaks clearly, another thing which makes me doubt her personal development teaching....

Tx

One of my pet hates is when they witter on rather than actually tell you about the item :mysmilie_73: The grooming might not be a success and she looks like she may enjoy a drink and a ciggy but still much prefer her to some of the other prim and proper madams - mention no names but they begin with 'C'!

I don't mind Ann at all but it does irritate me when any presenter starts wittering on too much about their private life. A little information is fine (and is productive because it creates a sense of trust and complicity that encourages us, the punter, to buy) BUT too much is too much and the opposite occurs. Wittering on puts me off just as much as the hard sell and it reminds me that the presenters aren't friends who are there for a chat, they are sales people who are encouraging us to buy.

I think she should be sacked for total incompetence. watching her yesterday on the Style Inc show with Glen is more than anyone should have to put up with. only watched because I like Style Inc. There was a trouser suit I wanted but she never gave the sizes. Glen said it would be suitable to wear to a church hall! If only they would stop making these inane remarks and stick to the product, we never get the make up of the material, or the inside leg length of trousers, but are bombarded with rubbish chatter.

Are we sure she is not Jill Franks' mother? they are definitely cast in the same mould.

Cannot understand why they continue to employ Glen, about as useful and informative as this fella..........:mysmilie_11:

I don't tend to see Anne much - she seems to be a weekend presenter - and I just don't get time to watch QVC at weekends.On the odd times i have seen her - yes she harmless enough - but I lump her in the kathy camp - bit too confused and muddled for me.

Latest posts

Back