prepology TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lizdelassa

Registered Shopper
What do we think of these? Love the groovy colours but do they work well?

What about the straw inserts (santoku)?

All advice welcome. :mysmilie_687:

I got a previous TSV with three knives and a couple of boards. The knives are absolutely brilliant!! I would really recommend them!

was also wondering as I am really tempted by these.
Love the idea of the inside of the knife block, but surely nobody puts dirty knives back in the block???? The sales patter is sometimes a little odd to say the least

i have the bamboo version of the block and its fab. I have a collection of single knives that I have amassed over a few years and its great to have a block that fits any shape or type of knife. The only prob with the bamboo blocks is that some of them seem to be badly made and arrive with a split in the casing (one of mine did and I am awaiting replacement.) If they have now gone for placcy or nylon casing that may have solved the problem but I don't want the knives and already have a ton of chopping boards, also prepology again I am very please with them.

Santuko is the type of knife,the blocks are good and work very well but often arrive with bits off them.

was also wondering as I am really tempted by these.
Love the idea of the inside of the knife block, but surely nobody puts dirty knives back in the block???? The sales patter is sometimes a little odd to say the least

I don't think it's about putting dirty knives back, but even with sparkly, clean knives you will get a large build-up of bacteria, dust etc. in an ordinary knife block. I saw a programme once where they analysed one and it put me off for life! (Same thing goes for dishcloths and tea towels.)

I have had the knives in the past and they are nice and sharp.
The colour coating on my knives are coming off, so I am looking to replace them.

The other board that they sell that is not part of this package is better as it has a slope to move the food on.

I bought the last TSV of these which was 3 knives and 2 boards (in purple!). The knives are excellent, best I've ever used, and I also really like the boards too. Am considering buying some more :)

update on the bamboo knife blocks...my replacement has arrived and it is also split, and the one that arrived unsplit has started to split :( so they are going back and I have bought two tsv's as i love the concept of the block so much..anyone want to buy the knives (blue,) just PM me

Oooh I might order this set when I get home from work, seems canny going by the comments on here, thanks girls xx

I don't think it's about putting dirty knives back, but even with sparkly, clean knives you will get a large build-up of bacteria, dust etc. in an ordinary knife block. I saw a programme once where they analysed one and it put me off for life! (Same thing goes for dishcloths and tea towels.)

It was what they were saying in their sales patter, about how a knife block will smell, esp when you put a jam knife back in it ( I quote) they mentioned another example, but I was not listening then.

It was what they were saying in their sales patter, about how a knife block will smell, esp when you put a jam knife back in it ( I quote) they mentioned another example, but I was not listening then.

It was that silly Craig that started the example of dirty knives in a wooden block on the TSV launch show. When he starts that ridiculous "sales patter" I lose all interest in the item.

Linda

I bought mine. The bit that sold it to me is the microban on the chopping board, sounds like a sensible kind of thing to have. And the idea that I can store scissors and other random sharp items out of little hands' reach is another massive draw (I have two inquisitive toddlers).

I also bought a Cook's Essentials (I'll put that apostrophe in even if they don't) non-stick frying pan that was on the Morning Show. And a naughty little clearance Diamonique ring... ooops, how did that get into my shopping basket??? ;)

January has been a loooooong month, I feel like it's a relief to finally be able to buy something even if it's just a boring old knife set and pan!

I have the prepology knives and cutting boards and I love them, I also have the bamboo knife block and it's so much better than my old knife block as I can get more into it and am not relying on the knife fitting into the slots. I am considering going for this as well.

I'm with you on this. I'm not fanatically clean but something that is used for years which can't be properly cleaned doesn't make sense to me.

OK I have gone with this as the knives are different from the ones I already have. Not that happy about the postage of £5.45p when the Flavourware 11 litre oven is only £6.95p.

I think that QVC are taking the Mickey at these postage rates.

OK I have gone with this as the knives are different from the ones I already have. Not that happy about the postage of £5.45p when the Flavourware 11 litre oven is only £6.95p.

I think that QVC are taking the Mickey at these postage rates.

Your post just inspired me to email and have a whinge about the P&P. Used your example of the P&P rates and will let you know if I get a response!:mysmilie_941:

To All,

I have now ordered these, many Thanks for your responses.

Will show my OH this thread when he goes bonkers at me buying yet more knives!! :mysmilie_687: :mysmilie_12:

Liz

I bought mine. The bit that sold it to me is the microban on the chopping board, sounds like a sensible kind of thing to have. And the idea that I can store scissors and other random sharp items out of little hands' reach is another massive draw (I have two inquisitive toddlers).

I also bought a Cook's Essentials (I'll put that apostrophe in even if they don't) non-stick frying pan that was on the Morning Show. And a naughty little clearance Diamonique ring... ooops, how did that get into my shopping basket??? ;)

January has been a loooooong month, I feel like it's a relief to finally be able to buy something even if it's just a boring old knife set and pan!

Oh dearyme. I am so disappointed in you CountessK:mysmilie_81:

Latest posts

Back