Rip off p&p

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mitziemog

Registered Shopper
I know we keep going on about p&p on IW but I was disgusted this morning. A couple of plastic templates at £4.99 p&p. They would prob fit in a small envelope, as they didn't look very big, be flat and weigh nothing.

Oh thats quite cheap, if you purchased this from sit-up, the minimum on P&P would be £7.99 ;) lol

I agree with you, if they can do cd roms for £2.99 P+P then they could do the templates for less.

I'm sick of hearing them say 'it's a bargain for £5.99' but then when you add £4.99 P+P it's no longer the bargain you first thought it would be.

the answer is simple......buy the item from ebay/internet site instead, and pay less p & p. That's what I do. Sometimes it's even better as I often dont want a huge pack of stuff, so it's better to get just a few and know they will all be used.

WHat is is, they dont go by weight, they go by the price of item. So if something was £1 and was massive and weighed a tonne, it would cost £2.95 P&P but i9f it wa something really expensive and small, the postage would be high. This is what Andy Love was saying on there 2 nights ago selling the 13-in-1 multi ladder (£5.95 P&P - fairly cheap)

I do understand, a they should make acceptions on items like this.

I know we keep going on about p&p on IW but I was disgusted this morning. A couple of plastic templates at £4.99 p&p. They would prob fit in a small envelope, as they didn't look very big, be flat and weigh nothing.

Was it the envelope templates by any chance? You can buy them direct from the manufacturer here:

http://www.payperbox.co.uk/crafting-tools-13-c.asp

C4 - £4.99
C5 - £7.00
Square - £7.99

They also have some nice quality, cheap paper & card as well. You might even have a local stockist - you can check the site for that information.

P&P £2.99

Their p&p can seem quite high if you are only buying one item. It is to encourage you to buy 3 items plus, so that the p&p is capped at £7.95. I know that sometimes you only want to purchase one thing but, when compared with QVC's postage policy (where you have to pay p&p on every item), it usually works out much cheaper.

Was it the envelope templates by any chance? You can buy them direct from the manufacturer here:

http://www.payperbox.co.uk/crafting-tools-13-c.asp

C4 - £4.99
C5 - £7.00
Square - £7.99

They also have some nice quality, cheap paper & card as well. You might even have a local stockist - you can check the site for that information.

P&P £2.99

Thank you I will have a look at that site. Huge P&P charges does stop me buying some things.
The templates I mentioned were for the shaped cards, P&P put me right off. (I think handy crafters could prob make their own templates).

Their p&p can seem quite high if you are only buying one item. It is to encourage you to buy 3 items plus, so that the p&p is capped at £7.95. I know that sometimes you only want to purchase one thing but, when compared with QVC's postage policy (where you have to pay p&p on every item), it usually works out much cheaper.

And what REALLY annoys me about that (QVC) is it's a rip off for the courier . All items are strapped together and the courier only gets paid once for delivering all the items you order (once for no matter how many items that is, not once for each item).

So who's making the profit there? Is is QVC? Herpes? or both?

Or maybe QVC don't know Herpes underhand tactics in refusing to pay couriers for each item that's been paid for. :angry:

Latest posts

Back