Loose Gemstone Prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

L

Lee Jones

Guest Shopper
Apparently Tony has entered the prices wrongly on their system (something to do with them not knowing how to work Microsoft Excel) - funny I would have thought Steve would have made sure they were checked after the prices were apparently wrong the other night too.

:mysmilie_81:

Haha, I think he is far to clever for that, a very good marketing trick, and it was working, from what little I saw everything was flying out. :mysmilie_696:

Surprising as this was a problem last week but unfair I think as if rocks was behaving in this manner they would be reported to and face action by Ofcom.

I thought I was the only one who could see through this ploy last night. going by the chat box with lots of peeps saying stop steve if its that bad . but I think it was bad form telling his audience last night over and over it was Tonys fault ,come on he's the man who runs the academy and is a Gem stone man he would not make mistakes like that ,when he realised this had gone to far after the T caller his whole attitude changed and he was looking out for more stones to sell when he could of cut it short as they do with other hours when the items run out or has sold quickly . I do think its time Steve left the presenting to his employed presenters who do a great job when he's away and stop this play acting before people loose their faith in his integrity which we have all admired in the past,and I am a true Steve Bennett fan and rockaholic so this is'nt easy to write this.

In other words.... Lieing to and Misleading Viewers

:mysmilie_539:

Well, when you put it like that.....................LOL (oops had to edit and couldn't put the smilie back)

I thought I was the only one who could see through this ploy last night. going by the chat box with lots of peeps saying stop steve if its that bad . but I think it was bad form telling his audience last night over and over it was Tonys fault ,come on he's the man who runs the academy and is a Gem stone man he would not make mistakes like that ,when he realised this had gone to far after the T caller his whole attitude changed and he was looking out for more stones to sell when he could of cut it short as they do with other hours when the items run out or has sold quickly . I do think its time Steve left the presenting to his employed presenters who do a great job when he's away and stop this play acting before people loose their faith in his integrity which we have all admired in the past,and I am a true Steve Bennett fan and rockaholic so this is'nt easy to write this.

I assumed this was a stooge, my hubby said 'here comes the Uncle Albert and the infra red back massager' :mysmilie_697:

I think we could cut Steve a little slack here,...In all fairness he could have pulled the hour, but instead kept on going and giving us great loose gem prices! Its not like he was charging double for an item fraudulently is it?!

I think we could cut Steve a little slack here,...In all fairness he could have pulled the hour, but instead kept on going and giving us great loose gem prices! Its not like he was charging double for an item fraudulently is it?!

Please open your eyes Tabs!

If things were as bad as he was making out, why was he putting quantities of up to 30 in an auction, and as has been said, going out of his way to find more loose gemstones to sell.

Please don't be fooled, it's all marketing...

It's just a great big game. I thought it was really funny until peeps started getting worried about it. Now that he's on TV though, I think he'll need to be a little more wary of playing with us as he can no longer rely on the goodwill of his audience. There will be folk out there who won't see the joke. :mysmilie_61:

Although I too had the same thought last night, I think some were errors. Some were coming up straight away at , for example £12. This didn't give any room to crash. That's what I think the main issue was. It was more like the games were coming up at the end price.

I always see the start price as a way to try and hide the final price so you are pleasantly surprised and decide to buy. Took the 'fun' out of the 'game' a bit really.

Marketing ploy or not, you definitely could see that Steve was not a happy bunny at times to say the least but took the decision to stick with it. Loose gems sell easily anyway, no need for tricks.

Please open your eyes Tabs!

If things were as bad as he was making out, why was he putting quantities of up to 30 in an auction, and as has been said, going out of his way to find more loose gemstones to sell.

Please don't be fooled, it's all marketing...

Well...Lets assume it is a marketing ploy. Is it hurting us? are we as the customer getting ripped off? I personally don't believe we are, and feel we were getting some good loose gem prices! I'm more than happy with the prices i paid for my pieces last night.

:mysmilie_696:

Well...Lets assume it is a marketing ploy. Is it hurting us? are we as the customer getting ripped off? I personally don't believe we are, and feel we were getting some good loose gem prices! I'm more than happy with the prices i paid for my pieces last night.

:mysmilie_696:

Absolutely not Tabs, and I wholeheartedly agree with your post. All that worries me about it is the "regulators". Steve has a way with him that's for sure, those of us who weren't worried about him bankrupting himself were anxious about him getting into hot water. So one way or the other most of us were worried about his welfare as much as getting a bargain. Can't think of any other channel that would get this response, neither do we get such acting skills elsewhere when combined with bargains. Those methods are used by t'other channels to deliberately lead us up the garden path and take our money, not just for the fun of it while giving us fair prices. Well done to Steve I say, but maybe be a little more wary now you have TV's eye on you. :mysmilie_61: xxxxx

Lee,

You are genuinely more than welcome to come and look at our accounts. My email is [email protected]

Regards

Sarah

:mysmilie_696: :mysmilie_82: :mysmilie_696: :mysmilie_82:

Sarah, you have made my day with that comment!!!!!!!! :mysmilie_697:

GO SARAH!! GO SARAH!! GO SARAH!! GO SARAH!! GO SARAH!!

...oooo I've come over all Ricky Lake....

Lee,

You are genuinely more than welcome to come and look at our accounts. My email is [email protected]

Regards

Sarah

Hi Sarah

Thank you for your invitation which I'd be more than willing to take you up on if you were able to cover expenses?

Although I'm not sure what looking at your accounts would prove in respect to this topic?

Lee

Lee, you were concerned that Steve's claims of incorrect pricing were somewhat exaggerated. Viewing Rocks accounts would show you the purchase price of the loose gems, which you could compare to the sale price of the same (also in the accounts) and prove whether Steve was exaggerating or not.

I rather think it may be to show you the prices that Steve paid for the gems v the prices he's selling them for - thus letting you see whether he is genuinely concerned about the prices in the system...... only an idea.....:mysmilie_1941:

oops PR I'm not as quick as you!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back