Kathy Taylor I lOVE You

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

suetheiron

Registered Shopper
Just been watching the Nina Leonard show, and Kathy is wearing one of the dresses. I think she looks lovely, and she's not afraid to admit that she's actually a normal person, and a size 16. I love her presenting style, she works with the 'expert' rather than just trying to steal the show. Go Kathy!!:mysmilie_698:

Kathy drives me mad with the hesitations and corrections in her speech , BUT she appears to be a lovely natural and self effacing person , happy in her self and looks lovely recently. I have a very similar dress to the one she is wearing , its from clearence ages ago and I got it in the purple and black options , Its wonderful to wear and so flattering

Just had a peek and you are right, she looks great. I don't know what she's done to herself but she looks younger, I havn't seen her for months.
Goody looks sensational, as ever....

I too hate her mumbeling and hesitation, but I have noticed she has got much better, esp after she has been on a little while. And she also is much better when there is a guest on with her. But there is no doubt for me that she comes across like a 'normal' woman who I happily have coming around for coffee

I agree, Kathy does look very pretty lately. She comes across as being a sincere and pleasant person BUT the Larry the Lamb hesitation in her voice sometimes irritates me. Only a bit though!

She always looks good in Nina Leonard's clothes and I believe she has quite a lot of them in her personal wardrobe.
I like her but can't watch for too long as I feel embarrassed for her.By the way wasn't she one of the people who was doing Diet Chef?,what happened with that then?

I have loads of respect for Kathy anyone who's fighting the battle with weight and self worth, will know just how you can feel.
Put that together with being on daily live TV, everything magnified and being around stick thin people like Jill, Alison and the like can't be easy.
I wish her the very best.

I wonder if it was her idea to try Diet Chef, or does QVC only want size 8/10 presenters??
Personally I would much rather buy from a 'real' person - the clothes sizes often come in 3xl etc, but the models are always small. Even the 'larger' model is only a 16 and is tall and perfectly toned.
Of course a short size18 (me :eek:)) may not sell the slinkys quite as well :mysmilie_61:

Last edited:
I have loads of respect for Kathy anyone who's fighting the battle with weight and self worth, will know just how you can feel.
Put that together with being on daily live TV, everything magnified and being around stick thin people like Jill, Alison and the like can't be easy.

I wonder if it was her idea to try Diet Chef, or does QVC only want size 8/10 presenters??

Well Kathy does want to lose weight coz she's always making direct or oblique remarks about it,the problem is she loves her food and who can blame her for that???

I think she probably would get to try Diet Chef for free,coz if it worked then the 'visual' of her transformation would obviously shift more product.

I think Kathy looks far better than both of of them. She will be 48 this year and that's about the same age as Keenan isn't it(?) but imho Kathy looks at least 10 years younger than her. AK and JF are both too skinny and neither are ageing well in the wrinkle department.

She may not be the thinnest presenter but facially, I think that she is probably the prettiest.

I've said similar before but I'll say it again, I think she's brilliant. She's so honest and genuinely tries to help the customer and give as much information about any product she presenting, rather than just treat QVC as her own personal self-promotion channel like certain others do. She's one of my absolute favourites, and she does look so lovely recently. Knocks spots off the rest of them in my opinion. :mysmilie_82:

I've said similar before but I'll say it again, I think she's brilliant. She's so honest and genuinely tries to help the customer and give as much information about any product she presenting, rather than just treat QVC as her own personal self-promotion channel like certain others do. She's one of my absolute favourites, and she does look so lovely recently. Knocks spots off the rest of them in my opinion. :mysmilie_82:

I couldn't have said it better.

Much prefer Morning Shows with Kathy.

:mysmilie_696:

How come a 'real' person is a size 16 and upwards? I am a sz 10 and many of my friends, relatives and neighbours are sz 10 & 12. What are we, ureal or surreal? Kathy has a youthful face, but I'm afraid I have to agree with BFT and bags.

We like her here too. It's nice not to have to battle past the ego to get to the product! And she asks genuine questions of the sort that you would ask yourself.

Have to chuckle when I recall her faux pas on GMTV a few years ago when she muddled up Bucks Fizz and called it F.... well, you get the idea ;) It was hurriedly covered up at the time and I'm surprised it never turned up on Alright on the Night :D

I wonder if her hesitation is sometimes down to the studio talkback in her ear? It must be pretty distracting, even for a professional. Despite that, I'd rather see her than many of the others.

How come a 'real' person is a size 16 and upwards? I am a sz 10 and many of my friends, relatives and neighbours are sz 10 & 12. What are we, ureal or surreal? Kathy has a youthful face, but I'm afraid I have to agree with BFT and bags.

Mum's a size 10 and she was just wondering the same thing :D

Nina Leonard and George Simthing clothes always look good on her. I remember her being on with George and raving about the fit etc of the range. He kept telling her how great she looked in the clothes too.l

Mum's a size 10 and she was just wondering the same thing :D

Exactly. It seems, from the recurring theme in the 'Kathy' threads, there are quite a few FMs who identify with Kathy's age group, image, sz, etc, which is more than fair enough. But to project this onto the 'real' world as the norm, that's a step too far.

Latest posts

Back