Most overprized/silly items on QVC???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thought the tweezers were bad, but heavens:
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.830553

50 and 40 cm high. I think that is a ridiculous price for what are escentually 2 linnen baskets
Maybe we should have a threat about the most rediculous/overprized/ unusuable items you can buy on QVC?

I couldnt beleive these when they where on screen . Initially I misread the price and thought they where £14.50 which seemed very reasonable but nearly £150 for 2 boxes ! but as DF said , you could put a cushion on the top and use as a footstool , so you are getting 2 uses from one item :mysmilie_82:

The other night Dale was demonstating a plastic make up bag that you could put stickers on, he even looked embarassed about it, it was really tacky, sorry if anybody bought it, but that was about £16 plus postage

I thought I was developing sight problems when I saw the price for those bamboo box things, but no, it was 3 figures! Sometimes I wonder about the QVC demographic, I guess they must have consumer profiles that they pitch to, but when you consider that there is: a) a recession that is only theoritically over, b) people will be getting massive heating bills soon c) it's only a month since Christmas, I ponder what planet the buyers inhabit. Given that Waitrose and M and S are doing "value" ranges it seems odd that QVC are featuring such expensive pointless stuff. Anyway am waffling a bit off topic here. I remember a daft thing that was a sort of outdoor rug for your patio that they had on last year, can't recall the price but it was odd. As for those bin things, try TKmax, Matalan, Dunelm etc. I get loads of compliments about my home and it's all been done from bargain stores, I know not everyone can shop around but I think you can have style without spending loads

I think, more and more these days, that QVC see themselves as the Harrods of the shopping world - and great if people buy it - and if we can convince people that we're harrods and worth it - then we'll just stick it on 4 easy pays eventually,and people will just want it anyway.

Let's be honest, some people have more money than sense!!
These boxes might be so expensive that people like us in the real world wouldn't dream of buying them, but some people must buy them or QVC wouldn't sell them.
You can find items for the home of a better quality @ Next, Matalan etc, but QVC seem to be relying on people living on private pension schemes that can't spend their money quick enough when they start flogging items like this.
Ridiculous IMO.

I think, more and more these days, that QVC see themselves as the Harrods of the shopping world - and great if people buy it - and if we can convince people that we're harrods and worth it - then we'll just stick it on 4 easy pays eventually,and people will just want it anyway.

oh that is so true! If they are Harrods, who is their Al Fyad. (don't think I have spelt it correctly).

Are they designed by Lulu Guinness by any chance?:mysmilie_17:

They can't be or they'd have been made out of plastic. Like the 'orrible £245 bag that's on screen right now!

Looking forward to the Big Prices, sorry Big Brands weekend everyone? :D My lifestyle doesn't allow for big brands. I'd rather have realistic prices.

Last edited:
Are they designed by Lulu Guinness by any chance?:mysmilie_17:
Hee hee just turned over and there was a " Mary " bag on for £390 !!! 390 quid!!!!! Even my hubby said " how much for a bag?!, they haven't even got it on easypay!" he did add a few swear words in too lol xx

Nah, the laundry baskets look more like Kelly Hoppen (beige by name, beige by nature).

Catherine mentioned a Tahitian pearl necklace she presented on QVC, that cost £19,000 (I think she said). I expect Craig bought it.

Lulu Bags and Kipling bags seem too expensive for what they are, not a fan

Northern nights, Kim and Co, both expensive

Nah, the laundry baskets look more like Kelly Hoppen (beige by name, beige by nature).

Catherine mentioned a Tahitian pearl necklace she presented on QVC, that cost £19,000 (I think she said). I expect Craig bought it.

One for upstairs and one for downstairs probably.

Those kathy von zeeland bags look like a right piece of bombastic plastic nonsense! Wake up and smell the pvc... ummmmmm: no thanks! :(

Latest posts

Back