PDA

View Full Version : Pest Repellers

Gem Genie
28-01-2010, 06:47 PM
I noticed last winter that the Sit Up channels were forever selling those plug in pest repellers. As I am a Green campaigner, I pointed out to my daughter that the reason for the terrific sales of these things was due to the huge increase in the rodent population due to bins not being emptied regularly.

Strangely though, I haven't noticed these repellers being sold just recently. Does this mean that the problem is under control I wonder? Do these things really work? Have any of you had experience of these plug in things?

Bexi
29-01-2010, 02:30 AM
Mum bought them a while ago, then received a letter saying not to use them as they were unsafe, she got a refund, however this was a couple of years back.

Choppysocks
29-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Yes they work, we had rats in our outhouse, a couple of plugs and they packed their bags and left home!

Nannylea
29-01-2010, 08:26 PM
I noticed last winter that the Sit Up channels were forever selling those plug in pest repellers. As I am a Green campaigner, I pointed out to my daughter that the reason for the terrific sales of these things was due to the huge increase in the rodent population due to bins not being emptied regularly.

Strangely though, I haven't noticed these repellers being sold just recently. Does this mean that the problem is under control I wonder? Do these things really work? Have any of you had experience of these plug in things?

Yes they definitely work, I had something with big boots on in the loft last winter. I ran an extension lead and plugged in 2, straight away there was silence and nothing since. Result and worth the money. Lol,

Choppysocks
30-01-2010, 03:23 PM
The outdoor ones are rubbish though, a waste of time and money, the indoor ones are fab.