"we're open & honest about our coated gemstones, other places aren't..."

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

~*~Lexxy~*~

my heart is in Kernow...
Middle England...left a bit, no, right...
"we're open & honest about our coated gemstones, other places aren't..."

splutter!

i was flicking thru the channels this morning & heard this on gems, Fiona (i think) in the Final wotsit flogging some pink diamonds.

so they're using this as a sales tactic now are they? fortunately, i've not been caught up in the recent mis-selling, but if i had, i don't think i'd be too pleased to hear this latest spiel...:mysmilie_11:

all well & good that they're now declaring treatments but, really - is this a good idea? (even if they've said they were unaware of the treatments when they were selling them originally, to harp on about how up front they are now just seems wrong to me).

Open and honest?? Hardly..............

Thanks for raising the above point Lexxy.

I've been listening to what any presenter has to say about these coated diamonds and have noticed
that they actually say (next to) nothing about the process itself. No mention of how the treatment is
done or even if it is permanent.

And yet they still comment how expensive and rare pink diamonds are...even to alluding to the Australian Argyle mine!! Also no mention of the quality of the diamonds beneath the coating...............

I do know from experience that the larger coloured diamonds Gems have sold in the past have been of reasonable quality (SI2 +) and that heating/irradiation treatment can improve them. But have yet to hear
if this is the case with coated diamonds....although I would doubt it!

:mysmilie_348: Meesh...if you're around, we could do with your opinion and knowledge on this one. :mysmilie_1844:

As to being 'open and honest', that will only be the case when they come clean about full details of this coating treatment.

i agree, it's not good is it Sacha. TBH, if i had got stung by some of these, i'd be bloomin furious listening to some of what's being said (& not said) at the moment. i suppose gems could think that they can't do right for wrong, "well we are making it clear they're coated", yes but that's it, no other info is given!

unfortunately, you could be waiting a while for Meesh on this one as she's left the forum at the mo' (unless she's back & i've missed her?!).

splutter!

i was flicking thru the channels this morning & heard this on gems, Fiona (i think) in the Final wotsit flogging some pink diamonds.

so they're using this as a sales tactic now are they? fortunately, i've not been caught up in the recent mis-selling, but if i had, i don't think i'd be too pleased to hear this latest spiel...:mysmilie_11:

all well & good that they're now declaring treatments but, really - is this a good idea? (even if they've said they were unaware of the treatments when they were selling them originally, to harp on about how up front they are now just seems wrong to me).

Gosh - that's totally immoral.

I noticed yesterday that although the text at the bottom of the screen stated "coated pink diamonds" the presenters were still saying simply "pink diamonds". How many people are catching that subtlety I wonder.

I used to love Gems and am so disappointed in their current methods and immorality. When it comes to their so-called "honesty", this only partially transpired only after folk on here worked so hard to get it known about the coating and other treatments.

If I watch Gems I need the sound on as I have to get on with other things as well, last night I had to turn it down to No. 10 (and this from Angelina!!) on my telly, and it's usual setting is 21 for other channels or 12 - 15 for Gems depending who is presenting. I also wondered if they are breaking regulations about sound levels.

WE WANT MEESH, WE WANT MEESH, WE WANT MEESH!!!!! xxxxx

Argy can you not persaude Meesh to come back her knowledge is invaluable PLEEEEEEASE

I'd have a go if I could, but I believe Krosbint is nagging away
14.gif
xxx

Latest posts

Back