Cheap and Nasty!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
I never watch Gems TV at all nowadays because I believe them to be dishonest (undisclosed treatments), over-priced and sellers of mainly tat. However, I flicked on to them by mistake today and could not believe my eyes! What on earth are they doing with those cheap and nasty graphics? That red and white is about as classy as the faux pearl and crystal junk they are trying to sell!

For all the world they are like the back street market stall of TV shopping channels! This new woman they got from Ideal World is really dragging them down and down even further than they were! Obviously no class and no idea what she's doing! I bet the two Steve's (Bennett & Ashton) are having a good laugh! I can see them disappearing from our screens in the very near future unless someone steps in and buys them over!

I'm afraid cheap and nasty perfectly sums up my opinion of Gemstv these days.
The tat they sell (I know there are still some decent pieces as well), the claxons, the gruesome music, the heartbeat sound, the desperate hard sell even from the old established presenters, the screaming banshee are all reasons I hardly ever watch now. And don't get me started on the latest addition to their presenting team because I don't want to be banned from this forum! :mysmilie_11:

I never watch Gems TV at all nowadays because I believe them to be dishonest (undisclosed treatments), over-priced and sellers of mainly tat. However, I flicked on to them by mistake today and could not believe my eyes! What on earth are they doing with those cheap and nasty graphics? That red and white is about as classy as the faux pearl and crystal junk they are trying to sell!

For all the world they are like the back street market stall of TV shopping channels! This new woman they got from Ideal World is really dragging them down and down even further than they were! Obviously no class and no idea what she's doing! I bet the two Steve's (Bennett & Ashton) are having a good laugh! I can see them disappearing from our screens in the very near future unless someone steps in and buys them over!

I would have agreed with that until recently, but the shouty, barrow boy, over-excited, pile 'em high, flog 'em cheap approach seems to be working. I watched late night yesterday and some truly 'orrible, but very cheap bits and pieces, really were "flying out the door" in their hundreds at a time. I think we'll maybe have to accept that we've lost Gems as we knew it, and just live with it as a marketstall channel with the odd treat if you keep your eyes open. RIP all sense of class and good taste. xxxxx

13.gif

Who is the new presenter? I haven't watched enough lately to find out....!!

I love it that you posted this in the thread called "Cheap and Nasty!" Lisamarie. I feel it would be too cruel (even for me) to answer this, but Graham might well feel inclined.
19.gif
xxxxx

It wasn't intentional, honest! :mysmilie_17: Is it someone REALLY bad? Come on, DO tell.......!!! xxx :mysmilie_12:

:mysmilie_17:

LOL !!!! When has a shopping channel ever been 'classy??":mysmilie_61:

If you read my post again you will see that I said that the new woman from Ideal World obviously has no class - not the channel!

:mysmilie_11:

I guess this means i lack class too then as i don't see how their graphic things are any different from anyone else:mysmilie_81:

Im sorry you seem so angry:mysmilie_73:, do you know the lady from Ideal world?

By lacks class do you mean she uses the soup spoon to eat dessert and drinks white wine with red meat??? the heathen lol:mysmilie_61:

Latest posts

Back