For Goodness Sake - Lulu & Debbie G

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
Regarding item :

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.145207

Doing it's presentation Lulu says," Why are you doing it on easy pay, you don't need to ? "
Debbie Greenwood says," I know but Lulu sometimes things pass the suits upstairs and they don't notice."
"Oh yes," then says Lulu.

Well this person sat here will let the easy pays or paying the full £250 pass for as the description says a slubby canvas bag with a cat and mouse on it.
As we have food to shop for instead.

It gets worse think I need to turn off the TV.
Lulu has just said during the £395.00 bag presention,
"Oh I need to get one of these, save one for me."
Debbie Greenwood says, "It's got to be said I really need to get a Lulu Guinness bag very soon."

:mysmilie_687:

ridiculous prices for ridiculous bags! well the bags are quite nice acutally, but what a song and dance about something to keep your stuff in! Now I like a nice bag as much as the next womann, but paying the equivalent of a month's food shopping is not somenthing I would ever do even if I had the money. Had to laugh when Debbie said she was a "friend of Dorothy" when remarking on a red bag to go with her red shoes.

ridiculous prices for ridiculous bags! well the bags are quite nice acutally, but what a song and dance about something to keep your stuff in! Now I like a nice bag as much as the next womann, but paying the equivalent of a month's food shopping is not somenthing I would ever do even if I had the money. Had to laugh when Debbie said she was a "friend of Dorothy" when remarking on a red bag to go with her red shoes.

:mysmilie_61:

I've a neighbour called Dorothy who also is very friendly with another Dorothy who lives near by but not a red pair of Dorothy slippers or a LG bag to be seen.

:mysmilie_687:

lulu is a twat, and her bags are even twattier

not keen, then?????? lol :mysmilie_17:
I quite like her and I like her bags, too, although I can't afford one. I did notice Debbie drop a clanger at the end when she said that the Wanda bag was a really good quality LEATHER! Sorry, Debbie, that bag is not leather-it's plastic. Very nice bag, but Debbie should have done her research more thoroughly. Some of them are leather, but not the Wanda.
Lulu does seem to provoke some quite strong reactions, as I have seen other threads on here about her. She does seem to live on another planet, but somehow I just find her quite endearing.

I think Lulu and Debbie Flint are at opposite ends of the reality scale, but if I had to be trapped in a lift with one, I'd pick Lulu. She may not have a clue how much money QVC viewers actually earn, but at least she assumes we're people who want a bit of niceness in our lives.

I was actually going to start a thread to say how well I thought Debbie Greenwood presented the show. Lulu seems to need a lot of flattery and licking, but I thought Debbie managed to do it with wit and humour, not the liquid gush that pours out of Catherine Huntley or even Jill Franks. I noticed her blooper about the Wanda bag, but as the bags she'd shown were a mixture of patent leather and patent plastic, I wasn't surprised she'd got confused towards the end of the show.

If I had the money to buy a £400 bag and not need it to be something I'd use every day for a decade, there are a couple of her bags I'd like. The really off-the-wall ones, like the pot-of-flowers bag, are absolutely gorgeous (there's a shop in Bluewater that stocks some of the range, so I've seen them in the flesh). Unfortunately, I'm stuck down at the Charlie Lapson-in-clearance / TKMaxx end of the designer handbag market, but a girl can dream.

I think Lulu and Debbie Flint are at opposite ends of the reality scale, but if I had to be trapped in a lift with one, I'd pick Lulu. She may not have a clue how much money QVC viewers actually earn, but at least she assumes we're people who want a bit of niceness in our lives.

I was actually going to start a thread to say how well I thought Debbie Greenwood presented the show. Lulu seems to need a lot of flattery and licking, but I thought Debbie managed to do it with wit and humour, not the liquid gush that pours out of Catherine Huntley or even Jill Franks. I noticed her blooper about the Wanda bag, but as the bags she'd shown were a mixture of patent leather and patent plastic, I wasn't surprised she'd got confused towards the end of the show.

If I had the money to buy a £400 bag and not need it to be something I'd use every day for a decade, there are a couple of her bags I'd like. The really off-the-wall ones, like the pot-of-flowers bag, are absolutely gorgeous (there's a shop in Bluewater that stocks some of the range, so I've seen them in the flesh). Unfortunately, I'm stuck down at the Charlie Lapson-in-clearance / TKMaxx end of the designer handbag market, but a girl can dream.

Poor Paul seems to be at the end of that the number of times she mentions how dare that he choose to spend valentines day in China celebrating New Year.
To the extent the other day presenting a £90 gold heart necklace saying," Paul will cost you a lot less than your flight to China, is costing you."
Poor man I thought, perhaps he'll be made to feel so bad and have second thoughts ending up delaying his trip.
Yesterday I was suprized to read he is in fact he is going to China working to present Smooth FM breakfast show. :mysmilie_701:

Yesterday I was suprized to read he is in fact he is going to China working to present Smooth FM breakfast show.

is it just me, or does it seem ridiculous to go all the way to China to present a radio show? Is the listener supposed to be bowled over by sounds of fireworks, or inteviews with Chinese people who could just as easily be somewhere in Soho? What a waste of money. Or an excuse for a junket.

is it just me, or does it seem ridiculous to go all the way to China to present a radio show? Is the listener supposed to be bowled over by sounds of fireworks, or inteviews with Chinese people who could just as easily be somewhere in Soho? What a waste of money. Or an excuse for a junket.
They could save the money and just pretend to be in China, nobody would know! Though it is a commercial radio station so at least we're not forced to pay for it via our television licences.

lulu is a twat, and her bags are even twattier

Couldn't agree more Tia. Every time LG is on I'm amazed that people will pay stupid prices for even more stupid bags. :mysmilie_81: Most of them are designs only suitable for a 5 year old and I'd pmsl to see an adult prancing down the road with one. :mysmilie_17:

I've seen similar bags at jumble sales for 10p. I wouldn't waste my money on them and I most certainly wouldn't waste it on Lulu's excruciatingly expensive twee nonsense.

And she always looks like her hair needs a damned good brush whenever she's on air.

They're hideous, and I can honestly say I wouldn't want one if they gave it to me for free.

I never LG because i'm not interested in her bags.Just this minute sat down from doing dinner - and qvc is on.I cannot believe my ears.

LG says its the details that make a designer bag rather than going out and buying a high street bag.CH asks her what are those lovely details - and LG replies

Matching trim on the mobile phone pocket
Inside security pocket - with a vanity mirror

Ok so I haven't managed to buy a high street bag with a vanity mirror (Not that I want one!!!)

but the other two "Differences"...............................HELLO????!!!!!! I've definitely bough bags with these details! Mad woman!

I reckin Chuntley's done enough ar$e licking to have blagged at least half a dozen freebies by now. :rolleyes: Just watched LG struggling to find enough superlatives to describe this carp article.
LGcrapbag.jpg

You'd think the feckin thing was a work of art instead of a perfectly ordinary piece of beige canvas with the sort of pattern that resembles an old fashioned knitting bag. :rolleyes: Then she comes out with 'oh I'm really shocked at the price of this'..... Ya so are we luv, at £190!! :mysmilie_701:

Latest posts

Back