Bissell carpet washers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

saphire

Christine
Has anyone bought an up-right Bissell carpet washer if so are they any good, I am a bit skeptical in getting one. They look like they do a great job in the demos.

I have had an old Vax for the past 20years and its given up the ghost so thought I would try and upright kind, they look much easier to use.

I would thoroughly recommend them, well worth the money I got one from Ideal World last year

I have the Quickwash one and it's great. Worth checking out the Bissell site direct to compare prices against IW.

Thanks Suki 1, Anne. I remember at the end of last year they had a more powerful one other than the quick wash but I can't find it on their site. I will check out Bissells own site to see what is now available and go for a powerful one, I have a lot of rooms upstairs to do and need something that can cope.

Thanks Suki 1, Anne. I remember at the end of last year they had a more powerful one other than the quick wash but I can't find it on their site. I will check out Bissells own site to see what is now available and go for a powerful one, I have a lot of rooms upstairs to do and need something that can cope.

I think it's a pro wash or something similar anyway. I think they also do refurbs which still have a guarantee. I only found this out a long time after I'd bought mine though of course!

I still have my old Vax and haven't used it since I bought my Bissell Quickwash, the Bissell is so much easier to use and I wouldn't be without it. The only reason I have kept my old Vax is because it has the tools for upholstery/stairs which I wouldn't be able to use the Quickwash on.

The only downside of the Quickwash is the small tank but the speed and ease of use more than makes up for this. It is not hard work to use and very easy to just do a 5 minute wash after vacuuming high tread areas. I have cream carpets in the living room and tend to run the Bissell over the main areas every 2-3 weeks, would never have considered doing it this often with the Vax because it's just too much of a palaver to get out and put everything together. The Bissell is always ready to go and also very handy for spillages.

sorry to butt in...

are they any good for getting stains out of your carpets? specifically red wine, urine & sick? ~ hey that was one great party though ;)

I bought the Bissell PROheat Select 2X from Argos when it was on offer at £139.99p (I think it is now at £180).

One of the best buys and does a great job on the carpets and lino.

IW was by far the cheapest for the formulars.

I wouldn't swap my Bissel Quickwash for anything - it was one of the few things I've ordered from IW that turned up and worked! Joking aside, it's a superb machine does a superb job of deep cleaning carpets and is great on spot stains - you might need to go over more than once but it will work. The shampoos are great too, clean smelling and you need to use very little of them.

Thanks for all the replies and for the link to Bissell.
I am going to order a reconditioned Pro heat 9200E its an excellent price and still with 12 months guarantee.

Bissell Cleaning Solution

One of the best value things Ideal World sell is the pack of 3 bottles of the Bissell cleaning solution for £19.99 + postage. A single bottle in Comet is £13.90. (Incidentally, I bought a Bissell Quickwash from IW and it's great! I also bought one for my mum and because it's smaller and lighter than the Proheat one she can use it easily).

Well I changed my mind about ordering from Bissell direct. Asda are doing a special offer for the same model at £161, its £30 more but I will have a 2 year warranty which would work out cheaper than getting the extended warranty through Bissell.

The Machine has arrived this morning and I have just cleaned my large 16'x12' Chinese rug. I have had the rug 10 years in a room which we don't use on a regular basis so really it shouldn't be that dirty but Wow! was it dirty:( and I only cleaned it two weeks ago with the vax. The machine certainly does a deep clean, I dread to think what the carpets upstairs are going to be like:eek:. I thought the vax did a good job but I am beginning to wonder now whether it just cleaned the surface. Now I am going to have to source some more formular, ideal world are out of stock.

Update on use.
The main carpet washer is brilliant but I am not sure whether I will be using the tube attachment again. I filled up the formula container to do the stairs, I only managed to do four steps and there was no formula left, is this normal or am I doing something wrong I only did two passes on each step so they weren't soaking.

I have a 9200E that has "Custom Clean" It is a 4 way switch (heavy,normal,light and rinse).
Heavy does use more formular than normal.
Check if you have this feature on your machine.

I have a 9200E that has "Custom Clean" It is a 4 way switch (heavy,normal,light and rinse).
Heavy does use more formular than normal.
Check if you have this feature on your machine.

Themloc, yes its the 9200E . I do have that setting and I switched it to to the light setting before I started. I was surprised how quick the formula emptied I only managed four steps. I only had the two sample bottles which was included so will have to wait to finish the rest. I think if I do use the tube again I will just give one sweep and not the two which they say to do in the manual, I will leave it to soak for a minute then just use the rinse.

I have done a trawl on the net and upto now Ideal world looks the cheapest for the shampoos, hopefully I don't have to wait to long before they get some more in.

Poundland has some good carpet solution for electric machines,i found the 1001 to be good.

I have done a trawl on the net and upto now Ideal world looks the cheapest for the shampoos, hopefully I don't have to wait to long before they get some more in.

They still have the Original in stock at the moment. Item no 316435

Thanks Lioness, I was waiting for the lavender but the original is not bad, I will probably order them so I can continue. Ideal world is becoming a pain for delivery though they take weeks.

Latest posts

Back