Lulu's Time Bomb TSV?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maria

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone,

This is my first post. But after lurking for a while, I decided to join in. Hope you don't mind.

I've just opened my Lulu's Time Bomb TSV and although the night cream smells okay, the day cream, and especially the Youth Juice don't smell very nice. The Youth Juice has that smell of products which have been stored a long time. I think it's supposed to smell like lavendar, but mine smells off.

Can anyone please confirm if they are supposed to smell like this. If they're not, I will have to phone customer services for an exchange.

BTW - I've really loved reading the posts on here, especially the ones regarding QVC presenters:mysmilie_17: Some of you have a killer sense of humour, and reading some of these posts has really cheered me up:mysmilie_687:

Hi Maria and welcome.

Can't help with the Timebomb stuff never used it, nor do I intend to. Elemis for me.

But someone should be along today who will know. But if in doubt phone CS anyway and say it smells off, they will replace it.

:mysmilie_348: I knoe alot of people on here knock LuLu (I was one of them } but I tried the previous tsv and tbh was rather impressed, so I converted across so to speak just with the face and neck cream. Anyway you are correct, they normally smell of lavender, not at all synthetic so I would ring cs sounds as though you've abad batch. :mysmilie_697:

Don't use Lulu myself, but would go by the advice to contact CS.

Welcome to the forum Maria! I agree with you the posts about presenters can be hilarious - just make sure you keep any cuppas away from your keyboard in order to avoid any spluttering incidents.

Thanks! everyone. It does sound as though I may have a bad batch. Will now phone customer service. Although I have just noticed that it's on the dreaded wait list. So I may never get a replacement. I wonder what they do with the returns? I hope they ditch them. Would hate to think someone else will end up with my strange smelling one. Or, worse still, that I could end up with one that someone else has returned. YUK!!

A very warm welcome. No knowledge of lulu's products but I rather enjoy specualting about the "work" she has had done as opposed to the "work" she does. Enjoy the forum and have a laugh. I know it has cheered me up on many occasions and it so nice to read that others are watching QVC and thinking similar things.

Thanks, for the warm welcome Silversequin. I agree with you, Lulu didn't have those plump little cheeks when she used to "Shout" at the age of fifteen. But I also think that a lot of air brushing goes on, as well. I'm a sucker though for buying TSV's, and tend to buy almost all of the face product ones. This particular TSV seemed a good buy, with it having both a day and night cream, plus the oil. I don't usually use a night cream, but this one seems okay. But the day cream smells like ointment, and the oil just smells off.

Oh sounds horrible. I too tend to be seduced by the beauty TSV's. Am trying to be very disciplined and not buy anything new til i have used all my stash up. Still watch tho and get tempted. What's your favourite? I like Elemis and Decelor.

Oh sounds horrible. I too tend to be seduced by the beauty TSV's. Am trying to be very disciplined and not buy anything new til i have used all my stash up. Still watch tho and get tempted. What's your favourite? I like Elemis and Decelor.

Me too! I was so tempted by the Bare Escentuals presentations this weekend BUT then I went and looked at the stuff I have stashed away in cupboards. All I will really need in the next week or so is a new mascara and i'll buy one locally. I also think that I will "need" the Occitane tsv IF it has a shower product and some body lotion as I am due to run out of what I have by the 14th of February.

Me too! I was so tempted by the Bare Escentuals presentations this weekend BUT then I went and looked at the stuff I have stashed away in cupboards. All I will really need in the next week or so is a new mascara and i'll buy one locally. I also think that I will "need" the Occitane tsv IF it has a shower product and some body lotion as I am due to run out of what I have by the 14th of February.

I think you may be cured Almerinda. Well done!:mysmilie_696::mysmilie_696:

There's a thread about the L'Occitane TSV here with a theory as to what it might be

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18659&highlight=l'occitane&page=3

Maria I succumbed to the Lulu tsv after much humming and hahing and saying I would never buy from a 'celebrity' range. Had never bought the range before but I too found the day cream and oil smelled a little odd. In the end I think that they are probably ok but just don't have the fabulous aromas of Decleor oils which I love. Will be keeping my tsv though because I needed some moisturiser and the results seem about as good as most ranges I've tried and at a very fair price.

My favourites are the same as yours silversequin, Elemis and Decleor. But I also like Liz Earle, as well. I think there's a Liz Earle TSV coming soon. I also have a cupboard full of Loccitane boxes. Can't resist those either. TSV coming up soon - LOL!! At least they keep unopened for two years - Hopefully!!

Hi, Bea Frugal. Does your day cream smell like ointment? And the oil just a tinge of lavander, but more as if it's gone off? I've phoned customer service, but still not sure whether to return it. It's probably just me, I'm expecting, as you say, for it to have a lovely aroma like the other brands I've mentioned.

The oil has a weakish lavender scent with an undernote of what I suspect might be olive oil! I've been puzzling over what the day cream smells of and thought it might have a hint of cornstarch to it if that makes sense but now you mention it I think ointment is about right! Not the wow factor I'd hoped for but I can live with it. Maybe it will have added health benefits! Hope that helps - from one Newbie to another.

Thank you for that info Bea Frugal. I think I may just persevere with it then. My dear mum used to say about medication...."If it tasted nice, it wasn't doing any good". LOL! So may be I shouldn't expect all beauty products to have a nice aroma.

We're not doing too bad on here, so far - are we?

The oil has a weakish lavender scent with an undernote of what I suspect might be olive oil! I've been puzzling over what the day cream smells of and thought it might have a hint of cornstarch to it if that makes sense but now you mention it I think ointment is about right! Not the wow factor I'd hoped for but I can live with it. Maybe it will have added health benefits! Hope that helps - from one Newbie to another.

Olive oil and cornstarch, sure it wasn't concoted "In the Kitchen"?

lol silversequin, I guess I won't have you all 'jumping to the phones' to order this little lot! I'd better stop now before I talk myself out of it - have thrown out all the packaging etc. so it's staying. It's actually perfectly innoffensive and sinks in a treat but if I do take against it I'll let you know how my new salad dressing turned out!

Latest posts

Back