Homage to KitchenAid......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Artemis

I'm a Kitchen Aid Maid!
Woo Hoo! I'm getting a kitchen Aid for my birthday!
Now I KNOW I'm beyond help and have entered the realms of the truly sad............
At one time, if any of my husbands had bought me a kitchen appliance for birthday, christmas or anniversary, they would have had it wrapped round their neck! I really want one though, have coveted one ever since my Kenwood Catering size went to the big scrap metal place in the sky after 25 years impeccable service.
At the moment, I have one of those Magimix efforts which coughs and splutters if I dare to inflict more than a couple of spoonsful of cake mix and snarls "you've gotta be jokin', love" if I attempt to use the grater.
I don't want the standard white Magimix that QVC are so kindly offering on easy pay, though it did spark the conversation. I want one in pea green or pillar box red or some other outrageous colour which demands attention in my minimalist colour scheme. I want it to stand loud and proud!

Have I lost the plot. :mysmilie_922:

Woo Hoo! I'm getting a kitchen Aid for my birthday!
Now I KNOW I'm beyond help and have entered the realms of the truly sad............
At one time, if any of my husbands had bought me a kitchen appliance for birthday, christmas or anniversary, they would have had it wrapped round their neck! I really want one though, have coveted one ever since my Kenwood Catering size went to the big scrap metal place in the sky after 25 years impeccable service.
At the moment, I have one of those Magimix efforts which coughs and splutters if I dare to inflict more than a couple of spoonsful of cake mix and snarls "you've gotta be jokin', love" if I attempt to use the grater.
I don't want the standard white Magimix that QVC are so kindly offering on easy pay, though it did spark the conversation. I want one in pea green or pillar box red or some other outrageous colour which demands attention in my minimalist colour scheme. I want it to stand loud and proud!

Have I lost the plot. :mysmilie_922:

How many husbands have you had?!:mysmilie_61:

I agree. A few years ago, my fiance bought me a dualit toaster and a kettle designed by porsche for christmas. It was exactly what I wanted. When hhis workmates asked what he had bought me, and he told them a kettle and a toaster, they couldn't believe it. I don't think they realised they were designer and the cost. There is definitely a difference in quality, and I think that will apply to the kitchenaid as well. I wouldn't mind a kitchenaid mixer myself. Just don't know whether I'd use it often enough to justify the price.
Let us know what it's like when you get it.

Last edited:
We have a KitchenAid blender and OH whips up a mean Margarita in it. It's really strong and chomps through ice in seconds. We've had it for years (from Amazon), so if the mixer is the same quality, I can understand your excitement. Never used it in the bedroom though!

I bet you ended up in the bedroom after a few margaritas. Gross, I know. :mysmilie_17:

Im very envious I would love a Kitchen Aid , Personally I have never minded kitchen or household goods for Xmas or birthdays . Infact as I love gadgets I would welcome getting them ,

* Wags finger *Behave yourself,WS, you are falling under the spell of Mrs. J who could see sexual innuendo in a brick wall....:mysmilie_17:

We have both inherited the same gene. :mysmilie_701:

When is the big day, if I may ask?

Im very envious I would love a Kitchen Aid , Personally I have never minded kitchen or household goods for Xmas or birthdays . Infact as I love gadgets I would welcome getting them ,

I do too, Brenny. My daughters often bought them for me and I was thrilled. I think that when I was younger, I thought them less personal or less considered than something just for me. There was also the connotation that I should be the one to do all the cooking and cleaning, that it was only woman's work. Anyway, my militancy appears to have withered with the rest of me....:mysmilie_697:

We have both inherited the same gene. :mysmilie_701:

When is the big day, if I may ask?

Not until the beginning of April, a few weeks away yet, it was the Kitchenaid appearing on the show today that pushed the interest, though we were looking at them last week in the sales.
I'm now balancing motor speeds/ size/ colours/p&p v buying here to see where the best deals lie.

are you sure it's not a bedroom aid he's getting you? easy mistake ;)

Doh! Do you think I've got it wrong....
He did say he was getting one with a sturdy motor........:mysmilie_17:

I bet you ended up in the bedroom after a few margaritas. Gross, I know. :mysmilie_17:

* Wags finger *Behave yourself,WS, you are falling under the spell of Mrs. J who could see sexual innuendo in a brick wall....:mysmilie_17:

Where's Argey? I have heard she's the expert in this area, although her 'KitchenAid' (a-hem) is pink, I've heard. :mysmilie_11:

And what a shambles those demo"s were. I thought my missus was going to
throw something at the screen with frustration. Where did that demonstrator come from?

throw something at the screen with frustration. Where did that demonstrator come from?

If I wasn't such a keen cook, I'd have been quite put off the idea. The things she made looked like a dog's breakfast. She had zero personality and coupled with Miss UN-congeniality, AD, it was a travesty.........

Oh I totally understand...

I have a cream Kitchenaid blender that I love, and hubby got me a Dualit hand whisk for Christmas - I bake the lightest fluffy cakes now.... lol....

Filth, pure filth - you have turned my paean of praise for something aesthetically pleasing, a piece of equipment that will cheer my twilight years with it's gentle vibrations, into something lustful and sleazy.......:mysmilie_1263:

* shakes head sadly *

Barefoot Contessa eat your heart out....... but I bleedin hope it whips egg whites faster than it did in the demo y'day. I left the tv on... emptied the dishwasher took the bin out... and on my return to the tv they were both standing peering into the machine waiting for the egg whites to whip. :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back