Ion turntable tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Catherine Huntley got it wrong yet again; this turntable was not made specifically for QVC. One only has to check this model on the internet, and it is available on many other sites with the same specs. This woman wants to concentrate more on getting her facts right, than gushing over the products.

I went for the tape converter they had on. Wondering now if it was a waste, as reviews elsewhere say that on both turntable and tape machine they only record 1 track at a time! It'll take flippin' ages to do!

No good for me sold all my records in the 80s when CDs came out! :mysmilie_701:

Do people still play records?

I have one of the previous versions that QVC had as a TSV, the one without the lid (that was more expense, ended up buying a DJ case for it but at least it's well protected).

Using the Audacity software it will record the whole side of an LP without you needing to do anything apart from starting and stopping, it's only if you want to chop it up into tracks it's a bit more work.

Concordia, it can only record one track at a time because the original recordings are analogue and not digital. The first time it will be real time recording ie, a 4 minute song will take 4 minutes to record. Once it's in a digital format it becomes quicker and easier to copy etc.

You'll probably find it isn't a waste - I found that digging out my loft full of vinyl and tapes to be a great experience. Not everything is on T'internet to download, like B-sides or remixes or Artists that aren't cool or fashionable.

Also some cassettes had exclusive songs on.

When it comes, set aside a sunday afternoon, with some appropriate food and drink and wallow in nostalgia!!

Thanks Swanky. i got the impression from the reviews that they meant you had to press the record button after each track recorded. Couldn't just press record and then go away while the whole side of the album recorded in real time. I'll see if I can figure it out when it arrives.

No good for me sold all my records in the 80s when CDs came out! :mysmilie_701:

Do people still play records?

Yes. I collect them as well since I couldn't afford them in my youth. Though its more for the experience of searching for an old track(s) than actually playing them! Don't do digital music unless I convert them myself.

My son has the previous one which was the tsv, and he loves it, he has his own decks to mix and burn cds and buys a lot of vinyls to use on it. I have no clue about all the terminology but he products some amazing cds his sister's boyfriend is a dj and he borrowed it so that he could record his vinyls on to cds for safe keeping. So both of them are well pleased with it.

piper

Latest posts

Back