Lucy, Lucy Lucy!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
I thought I'd have a wee look at Gems TV today for some unknown reason and I witnessed Lucy sinning her soul for a sale!

I couldn't believe some of the things she was saying.
Here are a few of them:-

1. While trying desperately to sell a "canary yellow diamond pendant" with absolutely no mention of any treatments I hasten to add, she said "Remember who we are. We are Gems TV and what we do is to reduce the price until you buy" What a load of rubbish! The price dropped then the 2 minute clock came in!

2. Still trying to sell the "canary yellow diamond" pendant she then comes out with "we have massive buying power with pockets all over the world so we can buy gemstones cheaper than anyone else" Bollocks!

3. Same auction, she started with 3 and ended with 3 and had the nerve to say "well done everyone you got that at a brilliant price"!!!! No they didn't - nobody bought it!!!

4. Talking about a "black sapphire" necklace she said "Black sapphires are one of the rarest colours of sapphire you can get. We're offering them at a price no one else can"!! What????? Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Black Sapphires were about the cheapest you could buy! Even Argos sells them and at a fraction of the price!

She kept trying to tell everyone that gems TV were one of the largest jewellery channels in the world! Oh that'll be why they're outsourcing now is it?

Needless to say I didn't watch for long and certainly won't be watching again!

Hiyers Krosbint, I've just bin having a wail on the "middlemen" News thread. I too spotted a little of Lucy this afty and it was the black sapphire crapola. When I was younger, this was used in abundance on costume jewellery. This channel and its remaining audience are a lost cause. I've been hanging on by me fingertips, but they came along and stamped on 'em. xxxxxx

Well, all I can say is that you are very brave Klos to listen to her for more than a nanosecond! Apart from the drivel she spouts, her voice is like a nail down a blackboard to me. She and Gemstv deserve each other.

I feel sorry for her and the others particularly Angeline and Lynn. Fancy trying to convince folk to part with hard earned cash for what isn't decent stuff anymore. They are there to do a job and must be under a lot of pressure to make sales but to them it is just a job like any other so I don't hold it against them personally, just think some of them deserve a lot better.

I feel sorry for her and the others particularly Angeline and Lynn. Fancy trying to convince folk to part with hard earned cash for what isn't decent stuff anymore. They are there to do a job and must be under a lot of pressure to make sales but to them it is just a job like any other so I don't hold it against them personally, just think some of them deserve a lot better.

They've had plenty of warning about the way things were heading and have had masses of time to look elsewhere for a job, so I don't feel sorry for anybody, just extremely disillusioned that they now spout this drivel.

Well, all I can say is that you are very brave Klos to listen to her for more than a nanosecond! Apart from the drivel she spouts, her voice is like a nail down a blackboard to me. She and Gemstv deserve each other.

:mysmilie_698:

Well i really like her, she always looks fab and is very entertaining. she makes me smile :mysmilie_696:

They've had plenty of warning about the way things were heading and have had masses of time to look elsewhere for a job, so I don't feel sorry for anybody, just extremely disillusioned that they now spout this drivel.

Some of them do it with a little too much gusto for my liking. I'm especially disappointed in Angeline, not so much that she's doing it but I really believe she's throwing her all into it and I had liked her a lot in the past. Vicki C seems to be in her element now that she can perform and talk as much drivel a she likes. No doubt James is fitting in very nicely. xxxxxxxxxxx

I have spent the last 3 months looking for a job, let me tell you its not easy. to expect people to just quit a job because they have been asked to compromise their credibility a bit is utter nonsense. what about their families? do they feed their children on 'pride' sandwiches? i'm sure they are just doing what they have to in order to pay the bills.

According to Liv, when I was listening to hear sucking lemons, earlier this morning, she says Gemstv are G L O B A L!!! kept banging on about how global they are - and how many branches there are of them now, she pointed out that gems are in america, somewhere else, somewhere else oh and america!!:mysmilie_81: :mysmilie_701:

They are now droning on about HOW BIG they are - they almost sound like the children from THE VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED!! lol :mysmilie_17:

And sorry, but I have to say, if there was an award for wafflefication and dribble spouting - Adina would win it hands down - she is Gemstv's female answer to Dennis Norden! :mysmilie_11: its the way she starts a sent.....ence, and the.....n, cuts to soooomething else - she is all stoppy starty, breathy, breathy, and always going off a tangent, and gets sooooooo over excited, and it does come across as false, sometimes the way she squeals, i think she may very well drop an egg whilst presenting! :mysmilie_11:

Last edited:
i do believe Adina is just P..H..E..N..O..M..E..N..A..L, literally. she also carries off breath-taking & amazzzzing too...;)

she's another one that congratulates everyone when none were sold.

erm, Adina has just said 'fantabulous', honestly! :D

Last edited:
I have spent the last 3 months looking for a job, let me tell you its not easy. to expect people to just quit a job because they have been asked to compromise their credibility a bit is utter nonsense. what about their families? do they feed their children on 'pride' sandwiches? i'm sure they are just doing what they have to in order to pay the bills.

Thank you for enlightening me that my thoughts are utter nonsense, but I was brought up to believe in decent principles and ethics. I'd better warn my daughter, who is in the process of changing career, that she is utterly doomed. Welcome to the forum by the way.

I find Gems so unwatchable now, long gone are the days when it would be on permanently, even as background. I saw a few minutes last night, a diamond show with Angeline, and I couldn't believe the prices. No mention of clarity or colour, and the prices compared to TJC were just ridiculous.

I do think, as Jellylegs has said, getting another job isn't that easy, and in the case of Nick and Angeline, both working for the same company, they can't just jack it in and live on their principles.

Let's face it, if you went for a job and they asked who your previous employer, and you said Gems, do you think that would make them more or less marketable?:mysmilie_11:

Thank you for enlightening me that my thoughts are utter nonsense, but I was brought up to believe in decent principles and ethics. I'd better warn my daughter, who is in the process of changing career, that she is utterly doomed. Welcome to the forum by the way.

I hope your daughter finds a job quickly and its a career she enjoys. its just not an easy thing to do at the minute what with the economy being the way it is.:mysmilie_81:

I just don't think its fair to be calling for the heads of these people, who are after all just doing a job. one that i am sure they need desperately.

I am also sure they are doing it in the manor they are because they are instructed to by their managers. Although i have to say i don't have the same reaction to them that others on this site seem to:mysmilie_698:

thank you for welcoming me to the site :mysmilie_12:

I hope your daughter finds a job quickly and its a career she enjoys. its just not an easy thing to do at the minute what with the economy being the way it is.:mysmilie_81:

I just don't think its fair to be calling for the heads of these people, who are after all just doing a job. one that i am sure they need desperately.

I am also sure they are doing it in the manor they are because they are instructed to by their managers. Although i have to say i don't have the same reaction to them that others on this site seem to:mysmilie_698:

thank you for welcoming me to the site :mysmilie_12:

Welcome from me too Jellylegs.

With regards to your comment. Obviously I am one of the "others" you refer to as I started this thread about Lucy. Let me explain why I feel passionately about presenters lying to the viewers.

I have been lucky enough to have gained a little knowledge about gemstone jewellery over the past years, a lot of it from my friends on this forum and in particular from my lovely, negatively disposed mate Meeshoo - WELCOME BACK MEESH! Due to the knowledge I now have, I know when presenters are talking rubbish however many viewers listen to and believe every word they hear out of the mouths of these unscrupulous sales assistants. Then they part with their hard earned cash to buy something which isn't what they believe it to be. I think that's very sad indeed. So while you have a great sympathy for the unemployed (as do I), I have great sympathy for the people who are conned out of their money to buy some rare, best in the world, cheapest priced anywhere piece of gemstone jewellery when in fact they're buying something which is not at all rare, is not top quality and can be bought cheaper in Argos! I never have and never would lie to get a sale, no matter what my manager told me to do! I was a Sales Manager/Director for many years and if any of my team had ever lied to get a sale, their feet wouldn't have touched the ground!

Despite all the hullabaloo about the mis-sellling of Coated Diamonds, Majestic Ruby and Padparadscha Sapphire and subsequent high amount of refunds they are being forced to make, Gems TV appear to have learned nothing whatsoever from this. Sadly it's only people on here who will know they have been conned and who can receive a refund but what about the thousands of people who don't read this forum? They will never know they've been sold highly treated carp instead of the real deal!

So Jellylegs, while my reaction is very different to yours, I will continue to expose any presenter I hear talking rubbish and telling lies!

Jellylegs, it may be that you didn't see much or any of earlier Gems. I'd have been in that corner with you not that long ago (in fact I was one of the last to fall). Most of us have been watching Gems for some years and have been very disappointed on the latest few months, and some of the poor, even dishonest, sales methods that have been taking place.

Even in difficult times, people MUST take responsibility for their own conduct and not blame the boss. If something is totally abhorent to you, you WILL find a way out. I think the problem with these folk is that their training is based on performing in drama, dance, and/or music, etc. and the desire to be on that side of the camera is greater than any moral values they may hold. xxxx

Last edited:
According to Liv, when I was listening to hear sucking lemons, earlier this morning, she says Gemstv are G L O B A L!!! kept banging on about how global they are - and how many branches there are of them now, she pointed out that gems are in america, somewhere else, somewhere else oh and america!!:mysmilie_81: :mysmilie_701:

They are now droning on about HOW BIG they are - they almost sound like the children from THE VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED!! lol :mysmilie_17:

And sorry, but I have to say, if there was an award for wafflefication and dribble spouting - Adina would win it hands down - she is Gemstv's female answer to Dennis Norden! :mysmilie_11: its the way she starts a sent.....ence, and the.....n, cuts to soooomething else - she is all stoppy starty, breathy, breathy, and always going off a tangent, and gets sooooooo over excited, and it does come across as false, sometimes the way she squeals, i think she may very well drop an egg whilst presenting! :mysmilie_11:

i do believe Adina is just P..H..E..N..O..M..E..N..A..L, literally. she also carries off breath-taking & amazzzzing too...;)

she's another one that congratulates everyone when none were sold.

erm, Adina has just said 'fantabulous', honestly! :D

Let us not forget the sucking in through the teeth between these moments, or as I like to refer to them the 'Wallace (& Gromit) impersonations.....and the word 'truly' to be inserted before almost every other word, truly phenomenal, truly breath-taking, truly amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing :mysmilie_61:

Let us not forget the sucking in through the teeth between these moments, or as I like to refer to them the 'Wallace (& Gromit) impersonations.....and the word 'truly' to be inserted before almost every other word, truly phenomenal, truly breath-taking, truly amazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing :mysmilie_61:

"Here at Gems TV". Although I have appreciated the dropping of Gems "Television". :mysmilie_697: xxx

Thanks argeybargey I didnt realise they were a couple. Thats what I like about this forum.:mysmilie_687:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back