Another QVC traitor!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Did anyone see the promo on IW last evening for the Jo Wood Organics show? This appears to be becoming more frequent; guests peddling their products seem to have no qualms about touring the shopping channels. I don't buy from the JW range but, if I did, I would refrain from doing so now that she is on IW. Any product which is on this channel will never be on my shopping list. I think Ms Wood will, ultimately, do herself and her pocket more harm than good by going over to a channel which does nothing to look after it's customers and I think that, albeit too late, she will discover that she has made a mistake.
I am surprised QVC allow their suppliers to sell on IW whilst still appearing on their own channel. I know business is business, but being associated with IW in any shape or form will certainly have nothing but a negative effect on QVC.
These 'celebrity' sellers just want to have their cake and eat it.

She was on IW in December, prior to that she'd appeared on QVC a few times, but her stuff went into Clearance/Last Clicks very quickly and sold out, despite favourable reviews...

She doesn't owe any loyalty to QVC. IW is where these products belong to. Their scent and texture are just awful.

Jo Woods was in House of Fraser for awhile and have now disappeared from there well before christmas. Yes I did catch her on IW in December as well. Never bought the range so no idea if good or bad.

How has she 'betrayed' QVC? Isn't it business sense (especially in theses times) to sell as much of your products across as wide a retail cross section as possible to make a profit. Or do you just market it with one company, who may or may not publicise it very often, and quietly go bust?
IW may not be everyone's choice of shopping channel (not mine anyway), but there must be a fair number of people who do buy from them or they wouldn't still be in business. I do know two or three people who use IW quite happily and with no problems, they just don't feel the need post their views about it on forums.

Last edited:
I prefer IW to watch tbh, 'cause it's just more entertaining, also buy quite a bit from them. I've had a few instances of slow delivery, and having to contact their overseas call centre a couple of times which is a right pain in the rear, but have got the goods in the end. Also have had no probs getting refunds, so I'll continue to use them.

As for the Jo Wood organic range, it was IW where I first saw it, and thought whilst the packaging was attractive, the items were well overpriced for what they were, and I'm not very big on buying into celebrity based products tbh.

I quite like the smell of them (got some samples from her site) but she doesn't seem to know much about her products, despite claiming she invented them!

I quite like the smell of them (got some samples from her site) but she doesn't seem to know much about her products, despite claiming she invented them!

Exactly what I thought when watching her last night. She hardly says anything and keeps looking to the beauty therapist girl that comes with her to speak :mysmilie_11:

She doesn't seem to know alot about anything, must be all the years of being wrapped in cotton wool and surrounded by all those Rolling Stones 'yes men'

Latest posts

Back