I Need Somewhere Nearer...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Swankypants

Registered Shopper
The POTD I Need Pampering Day looks good value and I would love to treat my mum and sister but despite what Dennice says, there is NOT a studio "close by" to everyone!:mysmilie_73:

If you're like me [the back end of East Anglia] the nearest is probably London which is 130 miles away...

Also, you're only allowed one free shot out of the many they take but does anyone know how much they charge for extra shots? ie, the other different shots they will have taken?

:mysmilie_687:

you are a whole lot closer than meee; try at least 200 miles from Aberdeenshire, and from us to the real north of Scotland add another 150+ miles

The POTD I Need Pampering Day looks good value and I would love to treat my mum and sister but despite what Dennice says, there is NOT a studio "close by" to everyone!:mysmilie_73:

If you're like me [the back end of East Anglia] the nearest is probably London which is 130 miles away...

Also, you're only allowed one free shot out of the many they take but does anyone know how much they charge for extra shots? ie, the other different shots they will have taken?
:mysmilie_687:

They start from about £30 she said

£30.00 seems dear for an 8x10 print....the cd rom version would be better, at least you could have ago at enlarging it yourself.

I was on about the one you get 'free' regarding the cd option.
For £30.00 you'd probably get one for your passport :mysmilie_17:

I also heard them say today that you now cant have a print with you and your Mum for example if you went together and 'jumped in and out of each others shots' as they say, you have to pay extra for that too, you can have one photo of you and one photo of your Mum, finito.

I would never give this as a gift, I have heard others on here say there is massive hard sell to get you the photos and I personally would be so upset if there were some I liked but at £30 each + couldnt afford, hard sell or not.

Yes, for £25 for two people? it must be just to get you there to buy the photo's. £25 gets you a spritzer with Greased Lightning, a hose down with a Karcher and then you have to pose on a 13 in 1 ladder....

I'd want to go on it just to complain that the Bucks Fizz reception was rubbish - none of the original members were there and their rendition of Land Of Make Believe was awful. Chortle chuckle snigger.

I decided to treat my 2 daughters last xmas (08) I got tickets from E*** when I rang to ask how much for extra pictures he said £70 I said how many do you get for that and he said......one! so I told my girls just get the free one and dont be tempted or you can pay! what did they do? they signed up for one of the packages and paid £2 or was it £300 each. The photos came on a cd so they could print off as many as they wanted. They were told if they gave friends names they would get a discount -so we all got manky phone calls pressurising us to go along for a free make over!

After a few months the girls got a call saying they were clearing their data base and would they like the remainder of the photos for £x (Can't remember how much) anyway my youngest...said yes - more money than sense springs to mind. However i MUST say they had a super day (shame my eldest lost her shoe there) eventually got it back after 2 extra visits, still couldn't find it- so ended up being posted to us. The photos were excellent quality and could easily be used in a portfolio.

I was talking about these photo sessions with my sister in law on saturday night, her cousin had 'won' one even though she hadn't entered any competitions. They treated her really well and at the end asked her if she wanted any photos, she agreed to one 7" x 9" print for £50.00.....6 weeks later she got a file through the door with the full photo shoot in it, and also discovered that £450.00 had been taken off her credit card soon after. Months down the line and many phone calls/letters later she is still out of pocket and dealing with a solicitor. It's not the same company as IW use, but it is in Manchester and begins with the initial I, so beware if you 'win' anything similar.

Latest posts

Back