Confused by craft item......album query?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
I saw these on the Craft Outlet hour:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.587608

& fancied having a go at scrapbooking (no doubt disaster in the making as can't see nuffin' nowadays & squint at almost everything from 1cm away! lol) & making some of my photos look pretty with papers & stuff (whatever craft people do with such things! lol) but only has 10 sleeves & review says:

"QVC sell We R Memory Keepers page refills but beware they do not come with extension posts."

Eh? Wossat mean then?

Hi Kitten, 10 sleeves will give you 20 pages as you put 2 sheets back to back in each pocket. Believe me this is plenty to start with. The extra pockets which you can buy can be added but you need extender posts which go through the spine and they are longer than the ones in the album. you can buy these posts very easily from most craft shops. Good luck Kitten give it a go you can't do it wrong, just do what you think looks good.

Oh, thanks babytoes, I get it now! :)
I might give it a go then, I have loads of photos (everything from ancient rellies to the kids & ponies at various shows!) just lying around in boxes, which is a bit depressing really & I would like to display them a bit better!
Don't see so well & am totally cack handed BUT......eldest DD is a graphics student, so I'm sure she would give me a hand along the way!
Need papers & stuff now, will have to have a look & see what's on offer - this can be my 'spring project! :mysmilie_82:

Hi Kitten you will be fine, you can get kits on QVC with papers and embelishments, but if you make cards you will probably have loads of bits. They had some pads of 12x12 papers on the outlet show. I'm doing a scrapbook of my garden at the mo, it takes time but I am loving it. Good luck. x

Oh, thanks babytoes, I get it now! :)
I might give it a go then, I have loads of photos (everything from ancient rellies to the kids & ponies at various shows!) just lying around in boxes, which is a bit depressing really & I would like to display them a bit better!
Don't see so well & am totally cack handed BUT......eldest DD is a graphics student, so I'm sure she would give me a hand along the way!
Need papers & stuff now, will have to have a look & see what's on offer - this can be my 'spring project! :mysmilie_82:
KWC, you'll love it! I've just started scrapbooking myself as I wanted to make an album of my baby's photos. Just finished my third page the other night, and I am hooked! It can be a bit costly to get all you need at first, but I would recommend you log onto the sister forum to this, www.crafttelly.com and SCW has a thread there called 'Bargains' where he has put links to many discounted items, many of which won't come up in searches. A lot of them are still available... Have fun!

If you do buy extension posts, make sure you get the right ones. Not all brands are interchangeable. BUT as babytoes has said, 20 layouts (thats what the pages are called, LO for short) is plenty for a first album

sillysausage - I am worried I will get a load of papers & stuff & then just sit there, staring at them all, not knowing where to begin & thus never get started! lol
I have a few ideas though, I know I want a 'natural' look for the ponies' pictures & cliched though it is, a vintage & or country feel (we're mostly all country bumpkins so nothing too fancy! lol) for the rellies ones, so I suppose that's a start!

sheilaj - thanks for the tip & yes, I s'pose 20 sides is quite a bit really, when you think about it! (If sillysausage has just finished her third page, I don't expect I'll be using them all up in a couple of weeks! lol)

Oh KWC-it's addictive.Completely and utterly addictive. So just be prepared-once you start, you won't want to stop, and you will end up "needing" all sorts of paper and embellishments and god knows what. But it is the best hobby in the world-honest! Good Luck x

Thanks craftybel, I would feel slightly more confident if I weren't so ham-fisted but it really is time I did something with all these photos - OH is going to scan in favourite photos (pre-digital! lol), so that if I make a hideous mistake of GMFU proportions with my initial attempts at artistic crreation, the pics won't be gone forever! :mysmilie_696:

Thank you tinaborder, I will do as you suggest, makes sense! Yes, a bit of co-ordination in a complete kit would be helpful or I'm going to be totally overwhelmed & never get going! lol

DO let us all know how you get on Kitten, I agree a kit would be a good way to start and don't forget Scrapbooks are not meant to be all neat and tidy,the more bits and pieces the better. X

Oh, I will babytoes, if I get as far as actually making a single whole page, I shall be so proud, I'll post a piccie in the Drop or something.....! :mysmilie_697:

Just be warned. Scrapbooking should come with a health warning - it is totally addictive.

Just be warned. Scrapbooking should come with a health warning - it is totally addictive.

So are most things I decide to 'have a go at' Poppy, good, should hold my interest then!
Being <s>lazy &</s> prone to changing my mind, I did sneakily consider the idea of 'digital scrapbooking' (*gasp* yes, I know, shocking, eh? lol) but it just wouldn't be the same, would it? :mysmilie_17:

Scrapbooking is very addictive (and potentially expensive) but surprisingly relaxing just do whatever you feel like there is no right or wrong way. I have been scrapping for a about 8 years now and have lots of completed albums and drawers full of stuff nothing like a bit of cutting and glueing on a weekend just stock up on ready meals because having to stop to cook is such a nuisance :)

Latest posts

Back