Do IW pass on our details?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MIKE040249

Registered Shopper
Hello everyone.

In yesterday's post, we got a letter from a company called Break4Free hoping that we had taken advantage of our membership of a short holiday organisation.

We don't remember being enrolled into this and had to phone up to make sure they cancelled our "membership".

We wondered who had passed our information on. They had used my wife's title but my initial and the only correspondence we re3ceive with that mistake is from IW.

If they haven't passed our details on, I apologise unreservedly but by buying from shopping channels, do you think it's on the condition that they can pass names and addresses to other organisations?

We always try to remember to tick the box asking NOT to be contacted by third parties.

Hello Snoopy - thanks for your reply. I can assure you we're livid and propose a letter to IW.......

.....and also hello to Paradiseman. Thanks very much - that was a very interesting link. Old habits obviously die hard with IW.

I may be a bit of a snob, and I bought something from them only this week, but I've always thought they're a bit of a Del-boy outfit in a way that QVC, for all their faults, aren't really. But that's just my opinion!!

Oh yes!

Hi,
This is one of the many reasons I no longer buy from IW - I just don't trust them!
:mysmilie_177:

We always try to remember to tick the box asking NOT to be contacted by third parties.

Hell Mike, it doesn't matter if you tick the box or not you'll still get junk mail and calls from them.......have you bought anything from Mike Saint? as far as I can remember he was behind the travel steps fiasco.

Ideal World have been in contact with ShoppingTelly.com, they would like reassure you this is not anything to do with them.

They would also welcome the chance to speak with Mike to reassure him.

Yes, I know that IW passed my bank details to Travel Steps (now known as Break4Free). I have a letter from Travel Steps that has the IW logo on it. They have not denied it, because they cannot. B4F were about to help themselves to a second unauthorised £99.00 payment. I have had to have my card cancelled by the bank to stop them! I thought you could trust IW, but obviously not.

I read on another forum only the other day that a lady who was a customer of IW had her details including her card details passed onto this company by IW. She recieved a letter from this company saying she had been recommended by IW and congratulating her on now being a member of this dodgy company.
Next thing she knows she has recieved her bank statment with a £99 debit taken by this other company. She tried to ring the number on the letter but no answer, she called IW who denied all knowledge of it and insisted they would never sell on customers details.
In the end she had to cancel her card as her card issuer said if they had her card details they could just keep putting the transaction through as ofen as they liked.

I have only ever ordered 1 thing from this company and that was before I heard what they were really like and I can safely say I will never touch them again!!!!

Latest posts

Back