Anyone see the "Shooting Stars" collection tonight?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lisamarie

Registered Shopper
Why the heck are Gems TV selling "meteorites" now?? And for hundreds of pounds too!! Is there NOTHING they won't try and flog these days? Maybe they should change their name to "Tat TV" now...!! I used to be addicted to this channel (much to my other half's frustration!!) :mysmilie_17: but I have to say it's changed so much that I can't watch it for more than a few minutes now and that's only now and again. I can't believe how much things have gone downhill. I actually felt sorry for Scott the other day when he was "told" by his producer that the price of an item was only going to be held until the end of the auction and that would be it, if people missed out basically it was tough and it would be their own fault - that's the impression that was given. Poor old Scott looked embarrassed and kept apologising. It was obvious that he was uncomfortable with this kind of aggressive kind of selling. What has happened to this channel? Whatever (or whoever) is to blame PLEASE PLEASE get rid of the culprits and let's get back to the good old days of proper jewellery, no lies, no treating the "viewers" (yes, I've noticed we've suddenly become "viewers") as idiots and quit with the over the top presenting style and aggressive pitch. Sorry if I'm having a rant but I just felt like having one!! I'll shut up now....! :mysmilie_11:

I hate to say it but I found them fascinating! I wouldn't buy one because it'd look daft in a ring :)

We then had Lucy with the Gold n Ice, with the usual sales rubbish coming from her mouth. If you want fake diamonds why would you buy GemsTV"s overpriced range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We then had Lucy with the Gold n Ice, with the usual sales rubbish coming from her mouth. If you want fake diamonds why would you buy GemsTV"s overpriced range?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:mysmilie_348: I wouldnt put it past gems to try and flog "The Dove from above!" next - bet Bob and Vic will not be too pleased with the plagerism (hope i have spelt that right!)

Talking about over priced - tuned in to see todays deals on wheals (gemstv 2) a 20ct scarlet (?) topaz with white topaz as the enhancer (suprised it isnt marcasite! lol) set in a silver ring - £159.99!!! I first looked and thought it was £15.99!!! nearly died - £159.99 a deal, thats not a deal, its a lot of money to me. xxxx

Watched some of this tonight never seen such rubbish on a Jewellery channel in my life and let's face it GemsTV have had some rubbish, I would no have wanted the green faries but the combination of James Russell and a bit of rock brings GemsTV to an all time low.

OOH i missed it, does anyone have any pictures of the meteorites?

Imagine a piece of iron ore, smoothed up and polished, in the shape of an old arthritic hip joint, of rat size to human. Got that picture? :mysmilie_697: xxx

I was watching another channel and went surfing in the ad break(my norm).

So hit gemstv and numpty was wearing a dinner jacket and tie and seemed to be selling this lump of metal. First thought oh gems are now doing scrap metal.:mysmilie_17: Then saw this price of £600+ on 3 easy pay and thought who the feck would pay that for a lump of metal?

All those children who go out with shovels and find bits of metor are sitting on a fortune it seems. Strangely it seems in Northern Ireland people are always finds bits of metors. Perhaps that what the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow really is.

Yes, I had a quick look last night. Some pieces were shiny and did look like iron ore, but others looked more like petrified dog pooh to me, sorry! The ones I saw were selling like hot cakes, but I don't know whether you could have them set into jewellery because I've no idea what size they were. We were only given a weight (no measurements) and they went round and round on a little carousel so you got no sense of proportions.
I suppose this is an example of one of their outsourced lines.

Wonder were they are finding this little lot? Do you think someone in Gemstowers is having their garden landscaped? and they discovered all these lumps of Ore that look like pieces of Meteor? And have decided to make up the difference for forking out on a landscaper? Making a fortune out of it! the prices are ludicrous!!

Now ladies and gentlemen, for your delight, I have a little white pebble, i was given it and told to look after it - it is a pebble from the blast off area of the apollo rocket that landed on the moon with Buzz Aldrin etc - one small step - now you can have this pebble for a mere snip, i will accept nothing less than £2,500.00 for it - its geniune, i tells you (James Russell sold it me!!) :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

OOH i missed it, does anyone have any pictures of the meteorites?

Here you go Rebeccab, feast yer eyes :mysmilie_61: xxx

star.jpg

I saw a bit of this, could it have been any more cheesy if it tried, you get the nerdy boffin scientist type guy to make you believe it is that good, although it didn't work, then you get James Russell in a tux!!! Plus I loved the way they didn't want you to see as posted above by AB, no we had to have the graphics with the little stars pinging out to make it look more interesting and less like a dried out metallic dog t**d.

If you want something that looks like this get a piece of fools gold :mysmilie_61:

I saw a bit of this, could it have been any more cheesy if it tried, you get the nerdy boffin scientist type guy to make you believe it is that good, although it didn't work, then you get James Russell in a tux!!! Plus I loved the way they didn't want you to see as posted above by AB, no we had to have the graphics with the little stars pinging out to make it look more interesting and less like a dried out metallic dog t**d.

If you want something that looks like this get a piece of fools gold :mysmilie_61:

I have just had a thought! (and thats hard work for me on a tuesday! lol) they havent put on sale any of those Iron Fairies - I reckon that these so called meteors are Iron Fairies!! they have met with a most unfortunate accident - and the person who came up with the best idea as to how to flog 700 melted iron fairies - gets the top prize!! (a box of Lily O'Briens! lol) xx

Latest posts

Back