Kunzite Jewellery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemlover1

Registered Shopper
Hi Everyone,
I follow the forum views so closely but dont regularly add to it. I cant express how useful and informative the opinions are on the forum esp members like Meesho.
Can someone advice me on Kunzite and its value. I bought Iliana w gold 14 ct kunzite pendant for £849 months ago and my close friend bought Martha rocha kunzite pendant iliana w gold for same price but only 9 cts of kunzite.
1 week ago I watched Rocks TV sell nice deep pink color pear cut kunzite 8 ct for £88 I thought that was very cheap compareed to TJC.
My Kunzite pendant is truly beautiful with deep pink tones.
Any experience or comments on TJC Kunzites? Are they overpriced? Is it worth spending more money on MARTHA ROCHA? It might be very personal liking, I liked delicate pinks in my kunzite than the deeper purple hues of my friend's Marha Rocha.
Thank you sorry it was a long post

Thank you for your kind words.

Kunzites are priced according to their colour i.e. the darker and more vivid the pink, typically the more expensive they are. For example, here are two that I think are outstanding examples that have recently been on GemsTV.

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UDD3167 19.7ct This is the nicest Kunzite I've ever seen.
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UFE7243 11.7ct This one dropped to £1,499 on air I think.

The one thing you must know, and I'm sure you do, is that Kunzite can fade. Most people say it fades upon exposure to sunlight but I have a piece that's been in my safe, never seen the light of day and is now virtually colourless! There are no guarantees that your piece won't fade - and don't believe anybody who sells you one and says it won't fade! It's impossible for them to know!

In terms of prices? It varies so much. For example, in 2007 I bought the pendant in the video below for £299. It's 22ct from Nigeria (not a Patroke) but I think I was in the right place at the right time! Prices have varied considerably over the years. I guess with Kunzite you have to decide whether yours is a top colour and if so, would it command a premium? Sorry I know that's a really weak answer but the prices for Kunzite are all over the place.

Thank you for your kind words.

Kunzites are priced according to their colour i.e. the darker and more vivid the pink, typically the more expensive they are. For example, here are two that I think are outstanding examples that have recently been on GemsTV.

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UDD3167 19.7ct This is the nicest Kunzite I've ever seen.
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UFE7243 11.7ct This one dropped to £1,499 on air I think.

The one thing you must know, and I'm sure you do, is that Kunzite can fade. Most people say it fades upon exposure to sunlight but I have a piece that's been in my safe, never seen the light of day and is now virtually colourless! There are no guarantees that your piece won't fade - and don't believe anybody who sells you one and says it won't fade! It's impossible for them to know!

In terms of prices? It varies so much. For example, in 2007 I bought the pendant in the video below for £299. It's 22ct from Nigeria (not a Patroke) but I think I was in the right place at the right time! Prices have varied considerably over the years. I guess with Kunzite you have to decide whether yours is a top colour and if so, would it command a premium? Sorry I know that's a really weak answer but the prices for Kunzite are all over the place.

Thanks so much Meesho for your interest in educating us. I love Gem stones and I read a lot about these but obtaining the information from someone who has experience in buying and who owns few of every premium stone is great.
Very true one can never put a price on gemstone esp kunzite, I never knew that they cud fade even in safe psst disappointed but honestly I love my kunzite pendant I will try send a pic its oval cut framed with diamonds not anywhere close to as dark as your pics but fairly nice delicate pink. I bought one iliana kunzite pendant for my mum too. But I think I will stop buying kunzite now, am happy wiones I got.
Thanks again

I agree with you Gemlover1 that this forum is great for finding information that otherwise you may never know.I think Kunzite is lovely especially the way it glows and was going to buy it but then came across this forum and realised it had the potential to fade and decided against taking the chance.The thing is I have never heard any of the presenters on any of the channels mention this when selling it,now perhaps I am wrong and others can correct me on this but I dont recall this.I know it is probably in the gem books sent out or on the web information pages but would everyone think to check? At least if it is mentioned up front then people can make informed choices.

Latest posts

Back